Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The MCU uses actors who have lives outside of their roles. So yeah, he gets a movie, he then goes on a shelf exploring/whatever until next movie, then repeat.
    I know Fiege likes to check boxes for inclusivity and diversity. This could be a chance with Adam to do that. He could lead a phase6 which could also lead up to a cross over event with main 616 continuity. Of course this is all wishful thinking.

Extraordinary Member

Adam could have been a contemporary of Hank Pym and Janet Pym.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Adam could have been a contemporary of Hank Pym and Janet Pym.
    Exactly! Even Howard Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    With WandaVision now concluded, if there's anyone out there who is considering subscribing to Disney+ in hopes of seeing Blue Marvel -- or for that matter, Monica Rambeau actually doing something impactful in the final episode -- save your money. There's no Blue Marvel intro or Easter eggs in the series. Instead, go treat yourself to a good novel. Or even a McDonald's Happy Meal. Either of the two would be more satisfying.
    I hear you. Hey it was fun to consider for a while at least.

If we ever get Adam in the main MCU, be prepared for him to be put on a shelf. Because most every character is gonna be on one
    I disagree, what you're talking about is par the course for comics. Comics have become the place where true imaginative creation goes to die. The MCU so far looks to better utilize their characters and if Adam does make it to the MCU he will be fine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I disagree, what you're talking about is par the course for comics. Comics have become the place where true imaginative creation goes to die. The MCU so far looks to better utilize their characters and if Adam does make it to the MCU he will be fine.
    In comics, characters can walk in and out of one another's books. A good writer can use them to enhance a story.

In the MCU, pay scale, schedule and a million other things are in play, harming story logic to an extent. Hence, for example, Hawkeye not helping out Wanda as she loses control of her powers, or Cap not even bothering to ask his fellow Avengers for help when Hydra is about to launch a killer weapons platform.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

But it's not Molecule Man, its the Scarlet Witch, who's fought to save the world, and was overwhelmed by a lifetime of tragedy and powers she doesn't/didn't full understand.

I mean, consider Wanda's point of view for a second. She's in a world celebrating half a billion miracle returns, while she herself was forced to kill Vision, only to watch him be murdered. She watched the man she loved die twice, and stay dead as the world celebrates countless resurrections. I'm not surprised she snapped.
    I cannot see this through Wanda's eyes. I have lost extremely close loved ones. Never made me snap. It certainly never made me go out and kidnap someone, hold them against their will, force my view of "happiness" upon them, attempt to brainwash or otherwise forcibly modify their behavior through psychological torture. What Wanda did is only acceptable if we have lost our way...at least as much as she has.

I'm not saying she's beyond redemption, but let's not be too quick to sweep the criminality and basic violations of human rights under the carpet.

For all Wanda knows, some of the people she forced to live her reality weren't even from that town. Maybe they were caregivers there only for a brief errand who needed to get home to parents or children who were outside of the hex. Wanda's actions may have irreparably harmed, possibly even killed, someone who was dependent on said caregiver. You never know.

But I guess it's ok, right, because Wanda is a "hero"?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If we don’t get older Adam, then we lose his sons and daughter. Which is where a lot of his drama and story comes from.
    I think there is some confusion here. I don't think anyone is saying don't make Adam his normal chronological age of almost a hundred years of age. What I'm saying is that Adam can be long-lived, yet still look younger. Consider Namor, who is roughly a contemporary of Adam, yet somehow Adam looks far, far older. Ditto with Wolverine, who when he was first introduced actually looked far younger than Adam, even though he's older than Adam. And now I guess we can also consider Agatha as well.

Adam can still have all of his sons and daughter. He can still be a man that lived during the Great Depression, fought in the Korean War, spoke to JFK in person and maybe even attended a Civil Rights event in the 1960s with MLK. He can still marry Candace in the middle of that decade and have his first born in the 1970s. If Agatha Harkness can participate in the witch trials of the 17th century, yet be superbly portrayed by a young woman, even though in comics Agatha has almost always been depicted as an elderly woman, then why can't a younger gentleman be cast to portray Adam?

Adam is supposed to look like a man in his 40s. I am older than that age, but I've often been told that I look like I'm no older than my 30s. No, I don't have mysterious primordial energies running through my body like Adam does. Remember, Adam still thinks that he's the reason why his wife didn't age. He believes his powers are that vast -- and who is to say that they aren't? It's not a stretch to say that perhaps the only reason why Adam looks as old as he does is because he chose to age alongside his wife for reasons of normalcy. Anti-Man didn't age. It's very possible that Adam doesn't really age, either. Not at the rate depicted.

All that said, I think we all can agree on this: if they ever introduce Adam, he will be different than the source material. The MCU has been fairly consistent in that respect with most of the characters. How different? Well, keep writing to the powers that be and maybe you'll find out before Phase 100 of the MCU in the next century.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-06-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I hear you. Hey it was fun to consider for a while at least.
    Believe me, I was thrilled to see so many people tweet about Adam possibly making an intro in WandaVision. I didn't realize that Adam had that many fans, or at least fans of Monica and Adam as a couple. Hopefully, someone at Marvel is dialed into social media and noted the enthusiasm. I may not get to the mountaintop with ya, but I'll be cheering in spirit, if it ever comes to fruition.

Believe me, I was thrilled to see so many people tweet about Adam possibly making an intro in WandaVision. I didn't realize that Adam had that many fans, or at least fans of Monica and Adam as a couple. Hopefully, someone at Marvel is dialed into social media and noted the enthusiasm. I may not get to the mountaintop with ya, but I'll be cheering in spirit, if it ever comes to fruition.

There are a lot of side characters like Adam or, yes, Sentry, that coiuld really break through with the right push. It's frustrating to never see them get it.

Amazing Member

I was saying earlier that Adam should be introduced outside of the main 616 universe. That way we could bring back Stark and other avengers died off during end game. You could even cast the avengers with different actors. Any thoughts?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    I was saying earlier that Adam should be introduced outside of the main 616 universe. That way we could bring back Stark and other avengers died off during end game. You could even cast the avengers with different actors. Any thoughts?
    You mean adam should be introduced in a alternate mcu universe like some say mcu x-men should be as well?
    By the way the mcu universe is not the 616.
    The main canon mcu universe/earth is Earth-199999

In comics, characters can walk in and out of one another's books. A good writer can use them to enhance a story.

In the MCU, pay scale, schedule and a million other things are in play, harming story logic to an extent. Hence, for example, Hawkeye not helping out Wanda as she loses control of her powers, or Cap not even bothering to ask his fellow Avengers for help when Hydra is about to launch a killer weapons platform.
    Hawkeye not being present in Wanda Vision can be explained by him not being qualified to help a person having a break down and having his own family to deal with (not to mention possible legal issues with the killings he committed as Ronin).

Steve had to keep things quiet during Winter Soldier and needed a small, agile team since Hydra was operating in the shadows.

BANNED

Is blue marvel's backstory okay or do you think it needs to be changed in the possible adaptation?

Ultimate Member

I cannot see this through Wanda's eyes. I have lost extremely close loved ones. Never made me snap. It certainly never made me go out and kidnap someone, hold them against their will, force my view of "happiness" upon them, attempt to brainwash or otherwise forcibly modify their behavior through psychological torture. What Wanda did is only acceptable if we have lost our way...at least as much as she has.

I'm not saying she's beyond redemption, but let's not be too quick to sweep the criminality and basic violations of human rights under the carpet.

For all Wanda knows, some of the people she forced to live her reality weren't even from that town. Maybe they were caregivers there only for a brief errand who needed to get home to parents or children who were outside of the hex. Wanda's actions may have irreparably harmed, possibly even killed, someone who was dependent on said caregiver. You never know.

But I guess it's ok, right, because Wanda is a "hero"?
    I think your circumstances are vastly different from Wanda's, just saying. And no one's saying what she did was okay (minus the usual oddballs).