Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This is very true.

I think writers are sleeping on great stories. I don't want Bob's story to center on drug abuse, just as I don't want Adam's story to be framed by racism or his decision to comply with the Presidential order. But there's a very compelling story arc there somewhere that ought to be explored. Sure, I want the big moments, overpowered feats and the cosmic stuff galore, but it's the constant internal struggles which connect them to the common man that really moves readers, imho.
    My personal feeling is that Bob exists slightly outside the standard timeline, and his powers make him capable of editing his personal timeline. Thus, whoever he thinks he is, whatever narrative about himself he thinks is accurate at the time, becomes true for him and his actual view of his past changes to fit that, without necessarily impacting the rest of the MU's timeline. It's one of the things that enables him to be both Void and Sentry at the same time, alongside his ability to project his mental illness into a tangible form he can punch.

I know Sentry will be back at some point, but as a fan, I'm deeply frustrated, and that's the case for a lot of us fans of second and third tier characters.

Marvel really needs to do better by its secondary characters generally.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-10-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nice! /10char

Updated along with the Spectrum drop & America Chavez update, he's coming to the MCU.

edit: No update for Anti-Man or Nova, who he dropped with. That combined with the timing of the update furthers my suspicion.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 07-15-2021 at 08:19 AM.

New uniform elevated him to meta defining status. Directly counters Sentry, whose been the go to PvP character throughout 2021.

This mid month update follows the Winter Soldier & Falcon update that dropped the week of the 4th. With Spectrum's debut, all of the Ultimates that've been featured or confirmed for the MCU are now in the game, and were updated along with Adam: Spectrum, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, America Chavez. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Been banging this drum since 2017 when the Ultimates first dropped. MFF has maintained a more intimate relationship with Marvel properties than any other mobile title, or Marvel game across any platform really. Practically all of their updates are tied directly to the films, shows, or comics. The Ultimates haven't been in print lately, but "The Marvels" drops next year....

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    New uniform elevated him to meta defining status. Directly counters Sentry, whose been the go to PvP character throughout 2021.

This mid month update follows the Winter Soldier & Falcon update that dropped the week of the 4th. With Spectrum's debut, all of the Ultimates that've been featured or confirmed for the MCU are now in the game, and were updated along with Adam: Spectrum, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, America Chavez. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Been banging this drum since 2017 when the Ultimates first dropped. MFF has maintained a more intimate relationship with Marvel properties than any other mobile title, or Marvel game across any platform really. Practically all of their updates are tied directly to the films, shows, or comics. The Ultimates haven't been in print lately, but "The Marvels" drops next year....
    Hmmm, so you making a case that Adam may be showing up? Well, the movie is called The Marvels, he does have it in his name, and 2 out of 3 are on board. You just might have something here.

Incredible Member

Updated along with the Spectrum drop & America Chavez update, he's coming to the MCU.

edit: No update for Anti-Man or Nova, who he dropped with. That combined with the timing of the update furthers my suspicion.
    He was coming eventually. All of his notable friends, partners are in(Monica, Carol, America, T'Challa.etc), and being one of the few prominent Superman analogues that the MCU is lacking right now, plus being a POC character on top of that. I also figure the DCEU Black Superman leaks might help speed up his arrival lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmm, so you making a case that Adam may be showing up? Well, the movie is called The Marvels, he does have it in his name, and 2 out of 3 are on board. You just might have something here.
    Keeping in mind that MFF acts as a billboard for the MCU(when you load the game up right now, it legitimately tells you to go stream Winter Soldier & Falcon and Black Widow), the reason I created this account back in January of 2018 was to discuss MFF's original Ultimates update, and why I believed their addition to the game indicated they'd soon be debuting in the MCU. That was long before Spectrum or America Chavez were confirmed.

Back around February or so, while WandaVision was running, they shadow updated the Ultimates, who hadn't been touched since their debut. They couldn't T3 or transcend(level up), nor did they receive uniforms, but they could finally grow from level 60 to 70 in preparation for the aforementioned advancements.

Although the game carries intimate ties with Disney properties, and thereby receives a film themed update with every movie release, at this juncture the MFF player base wasn't certain we'd be getting show themed updates, because Disney+ wasn't available in South Korea at the time. Then, out of nowhere, the WandaVision update drops, but there's no Monica, only uniforms for Wanda & Vision.

Not long after, it's announced that Captain Marvel 2 is having its title changed to "The Marvels". And then shortly after that, & again out've nowhere, we get an Ultimates update only a week & a half after the show themed Falcon & Winter Soldier patch.

It feels too coincidental to be coincidence!

edit: His ultimate skill is the kamehameha.... c'mon now lol
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 07-16-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Some possible good news finally! Hopefully they do right by ol' Blue Bomber.

Meawhile, we Sentry fans have to deal with crap like this:

https://screenrant.com/sentry-xmen-m...l-hero-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

I'm sorry bro lol

But hey, he's in MFF as well, and he remains the go to PvP toon for those who don't want to build or focus on the Ultimates. Maybe he'll come to the MCU eventually as well? Not sure if Disney will be comfortable developing two Superman analogues though.

I'm sorry bro lol

But hey, he's in MFF as well, and he remains the go to PvP toon for those who don't want to build or focus on the Ultimates. Maybe he'll come to the MCU eventually as well? Not sure if Disney will be comfortable developing two Superman analogues though.
    He is. The present moment is frustrating, ngl.

And honestly, I doubt Bob will make it to the MCU.

Incredible Member

DAMN.

The disrespect.

As someone said above ...I'm sorry. I've seen this deplorable behaviour in comics before but not to *that* extent.
    Don't complain. Create.

Fantastic Member

*Wince.*

Ouch. Do you reckon a writer will ever come along to turn the character around, or will Marvel just go all in on turning Sentry into their very own version of Triumph?
    Last edited by The_Last_Czarnian; 07-19-2021 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    *Wince.*

Ouch. Do you reckon a writer will ever come along to turn the character around, or will Marvel just go all in on turning Sentry into their very own version of Triumph?
    I have said before Cates didn't bring him back just to have Knull rip him in two.

I maintain that's true but who knows at this point.