Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I definitely think there will be some kind of cliffhanger in the upcoming final episode of the season/series with a new character introduced that takes us to the next installment of Wanda's and Vision's stories, but Dr. Brashear? I don't know about that. But you gotta keep the faith.
    I don't know bro, I think that he fits that bill too well. Plus Adam was the most recent suitor/boyfriend for Monica. Even though Hollywood is sus when it comes to black on black pairings lately. It may just be our guy making an appearance in spite of dull witted movements of the comics to not include Adam properly.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    She commented that she's excited to see fans reactions to the character reveal. I don't think she'd make that statement if it were a background or side character .

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...engineer_will/
    I'm still not convinced. And the cast listing of episode 9 on IMDB does very little to remove my doubts that Adam Brashear will appear in this season of WandaVision. Nope, no picture of anyone appearing that even remotely looks like Adam Brashear. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13778978/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_26

I suppose it's possible to cast someone in an uncredited role, just as it is possible for IMDB to display only the info that the studio wants to release, but I'm going to go with my gut on this one...and I double-dare Marvel to prove me wrong. No, Adam isn't appearing any time soon in the MCU.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-01-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

We’ve still yet to see Monica actively use her powers. I’m more eager to witness that in the last episode.

Another thing, is that we’ve yet to see Abigail Brand, who is tied into S.W.O.R.D.

It makes more sense we’d see Brand in the last episode than Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm still not convinced. And the cast listing of episode 9 on IMDB does very little to remove my doubts that Adam Brashear will appear in this season of WandaVision. Nope, no picture of anyone appearing that even remotely looks like Adam Brashear. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13778978/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_26

I suppose it's possible to cast someone in an uncredited role, just as it is possible for IMDB to display only the info that the studio wants to release, but I'm going to go with my gut on this one...and I double-dare Marvel to prove me wrong. No, Adam isn't appearing any time soon in the MCU.
    Who do you predict the cameo will be? I figured the character would be connected to Monica in some way.

Extraordinary Member

Who do you predict the cameo will be? I figured the character would be connected to Monica in some way.
    Abigail Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Abigail Brand
    Eh, I don't know that fans would be excited by that reveal, but I suppose we'll see.

Is she an aerospace engineer?

Eh, I don't know that fans would be excited by that reveal, but I suppose we'll see.

Is she an aerospace engineer?
    Exactly, Abigail is cool for Hardcore Sword fans, but I'm pulling for me boy Blue! MCU big and small screen has shown that they can think so far out the box than the comics side. Look at some of the characters getting the nod over long time heroes. They made Kang black!!! RiRi and Ms. Marvel are getting treatment. Blades movie about to gear up to be made. Why should this be a shocker, if it is Adam?

Extraordinary Member

Give us Adam Brashear...in WV

And with the talk of an African American led Superman reboot...Marvel should beat them to the punch with Adam in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Exactly, Abigail is cool for Hardcore Sword fans, but I'm pulling for me boy Blue! MCU big and small screen has shown that they can think so far out the box than the comics side. Look at some of the characters getting the nod over long time heroes. They made Kang black!!! RiRi and Ms. Marvel are getting treatment. Blades movie about to gear up to be made. Why should this be a shocker, if it is Adam?
    Adam's marketing potential is also off the charts. There's no precedent for a Blue Marvel archetype, anywhere, and with the untimely passing of Chadwick, the MCU needs someone to fill the void his absence has left us with.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-01-2021 at 01:53 PM.

I don't think Adam Brashear will make an appearance in WandaVision because Monica Rambeau has technically become the Blue Marvel herself. She has a blue outfit with Blue Marvelly powers.

I don't have a specific prediction. Just a feeling that they'll introduce someone or something that carries us into the next MCU series.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I don't think Adam Brashear will make an appearance in WandaVision because Monica Rambeau has technically become the Blue Marvel herself. She has a blue outfit with Blue Marvelly powers.
    Well, we've yet to really see what Monica's powers will be in WandaVision. We're all expecting her to have her normal electromagnetic powers, but they could change it.

Either way, they have a ways to go for Monica to have the same powers as Blue Marvel. His ability to generate antimatter and manipulate antiparticles is outside of the range of what Monica can do with her electromagnetic powers. Adam's abilities allow him to even manipulate gravity, as the graviton theoretically is its own antiparticle. Monica can't. Electromagnetism and gravity are separate and distinct fundamental forces. Because of how his powers work, Adam can affect both forces -- and possibly the other two fundamental forces as well.

That's kind of the good thing about Adam. TV audiences know what gravity is and they definitely know what antimatter reactions are, thanks in large part to shows like Star Trek. So writers wouldn't need to feel constrained to only show Adam operating in flying brick "Superman" mode all of the time. From a power standpoint he fits in nicely with Wanda, Vision and Monica. Each can bring something unique to the table, but Adam can also step in for one of the three. In fact, Adam might also be the perfect counter to Wanda's matter creation abilities.

Amazing Member

With all this talk about small screen appearance of Adam, if he were ever to come to big screen, which directors do you think would do blue marvel justice (provided a proper script exists)? For me, Adam leans heavily on science fiction with a little bit of fantasy. Nolan or Denis Villneuve I think could do well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Give us Adam Brashear...in WV

And with the talk of an African American led Superman reboot...Marvel should beat them to the punch with Adam in a movie.
    Well dwayne johnson is playing a racebend dceu black adam,a superman like character and he will be a anti hero in the dceu and that movie is coming out before rebooted black superman.

Dwayne Johnson Says Black Adam Is As Strong As Superman
    Black Adam has the same powers as Superman. Think about that. That's why it's so cool and exciting.
    With regard to super strength, durability and flight, Dwayne Johnson is correct that Superman and Black Adam are on roughly equal footing. However, contrary to what Johnson said during his conversation with MTV, Superman and Black Adam do not have all the same powers. In fact, if you look at what Black Adam is capable of overall, he’s actually arguably more powerful than Superman.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...ng-as-superman

Black Adam
    Supernatural Strength: Black Adam has the strength of the Gods, making him far stronger than any human and most superhumans and putting him on equal terms with the likes of Superman and Ultraman. His most impressive demonstration of strength shows when he along with Sinestro, moved Prime Earth's moon [roughly 73,430,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes] back into orbit suggesting he has near limitless strength. As such Teth Adam can easily lift and toss around vehicles and take full grown men apart limb from limb and physically dismantle battle attested rigs like tanks or army jeeps with little to no effort. Knocking around Ultraman and a mystically empowered Alex Luther around with a punch with moderate exertion, though his upper limits are still undisclosed. Ultraman is not the only Superman-level threat Adam's dealt with, either. When he was a Yellow Lantern, he managed to punch the spit out of a superior, amped Mongul. And once his ring was charged an extra hundred percent, they were placed on even ground and Adam pummeled him with ease. In Doomsday Clock, it was implied that Adam punched Superman through multiple buildings and down a street.

Oh and there are other superman like characters who are superheroes who are black in dceu like darla dudley in shazam and upcoming shazam 2.

MCU Eternals will have superman/thor like characters as well like phastos,racebend makkari and characters of other varied races before the black adam film.

Eternals (2021)
    Full Cast & Crew
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9032400...f_=tt_ov_st_sm
    Last edited by mace11; 03-02-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Forgot to post this, why I don't think we've met our aerospace engineer yet:

"When I, well ... I can't wait to see what y'all's reaction is when you learn who the aerospace engineer is," she told ComicBook.com. "Everything about this show excites me. There are so many little surprises, things you don't expect. So in keeping with the theme the show has already set up, I'm always excited."
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...2556#gs.uzta8o

Major Goodner is an entirely new character, I can't imagine that's who she was referring to