Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meawhile, we Sentry fans have to deal with crap like this:

https://screenrant.com/sentry-xmen-m...l-hero-comics/
    Yeah, I also read this article...
    I'm a newcomer (actually this is my first post here) and I feel utterly disappointed how Disney/Marvel tend to disrespect certain characters (a great example is D-Man) bc they won't appear in future MCU projects or simply bc writers/editors have no idea what to do with them.

Anyway, if Blue Marvel has indeed any chance to appear in a future movie (or TV show) I'd be pretty glad bc I really like Superman-type characters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Yeah, I also read this article...
    I'm a newcomer (actually this is my first post here) and I feel utterly disappointed how Disney/Marvel tend to disrespect certain characters (a great example is D-Man) bc they won't appear in future MCU projects or simply bc writers/editors have no idea what to do with them.

Anyway, if Blue Marvel has indeed any chance to appear in a future movie (or TV show) I'd be pretty glad bc I really like Superman-type characters.
    Bendis' treatment of D-man, Moon Knight, and Sentry were just woefully inadequate. "lol mental illness makes you like a child/dumb/smelly lol'. Let's not hijack Adam's thread any further. Mostrly, I bring up Sentry as a counterpoint. Sometimes, being ignored *is* better than being someone's 'favorite'.

Yeah, you're correct, this thread is dedicated to Blue Marvel, sorry for hijacking it

Actually, my previous comment can be linked to Adam... He is a great character, still it seems Marvel have no idea what to do with him (that's just my opinion) ... I think a mini or maxi series could be an option if there is no on-going series. A soft sci-fi story that can be connected to Al Ewing's GOTG or S.W.O.R.D. would be awesome.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 07-19-2021 at 07:48 AM.

The Ultimates wont be in any stories for the most part until after "The Marvels".

Marvel editors are mostly ass in that they're largely stuck in their ways & afraid to take risks. A huge box office return will change this.

So if/when he does come to the MCU who do y’all think should play him? And should they cast older or younger (and say that his powers slow down his aging as justification)?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So if/when he does come to the MCU who do y’all think should play him? And should they cast older or younger (and say that his powers slow down his aging as justification)?
    I'm not offended at most of the casting suggestions I've seen. (That said, I suspect that black social-media would explode viciously over 'colorism' if somebody like the esteemed Harry Lennix is cast.) I guess it might cost some CGI money to portray the younger Adam if they cast an actor who is already age 50+. So we'll see how it goes. I really think his story needs the MCU-TV treatment, I don't think they could fully delve into the backstory in a 2 hour film. The Falcon/Winter Soldier show already touched on racial politics, so there's at least a slight opening for Adam's backstory to be told. Depending on whether the Adam portrayed comes from "this" MCU world, it would be interesting to see his situation juxtaposed with what happened with Isaiah Bradley in this world. Even after the epilogue of what happened in Falcon, he might have some salty words for Adam for "skipping town" (assuming Adam's disappearance is portrayed the same way as the comics)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not offended at most of the casting suggestions I've seen. (That said, I suspect that black social-media would explode viciously over 'colorism' if somebody like the esteemed Harry Lennix is cast.) I guess it might cost some CGI money to portray the younger Adam if they cast an actor who is already age 50+. So we'll see how it goes. I really think his story needs the MCU-TV treatment, I don't think they could fully delve into the backstory in a 2 hour film. The Falcon/Winter Soldier show already touched on racial politics, so there's at least a slight opening for Adam's backstory to be told. Depending on whether the Adam portrayed comes from "this" MCU world, it would be interesting to see his situation juxtaposed with what happened with Isaiah Bradley in this world. Even after the epilogue of what happened in Falcon, he might have some salty words for Adam for "skipping town" (assuming Adam's disappearance is portrayed the same way as the comics)
    I could get behind doing Adam's origin on the small screen. A bit like Wandavision, dedicating an episode to an "era" where Adam is still covertly active after his official retirement. Maybe have him packed off to Exo Space once the MCU events start happening, to avoid the Battle of New York plot holes.
    Once he has a TV series under his belt, transplant him to the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    The Ultimates wont be in any stories for the most part until after "The Marvels".

Marvel editors are mostly ass in that they're largely stuck in their ways & afraid to take risks. A huge box office return will change this.
    I see most of the comments here mention the Ultimates if it's a team book. What about the Avengers? I mean if I were a Marvel editor I'd drastically reform the team and make Adam an Avenger. I know it's a weird idea but why not? What do you think?

I see most of the comments here mention the Ultimates if it's a team book. What about the Avengers? I mean if I were a Marvel editor I'd drastically reform the team and make Adam an Avenger. I know it's a weird idea but why not? What do you think?
    I’d def. be excited about a new line up that included Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yahya Abdul-Mateen II or Trevante Rhodes. They should cast someone in their 30's for practicality's sake, given Adam doesn't age conventionally, if at all.

He should remain an Ultimate because it gives Marvel an additional property to capitalize on, in addition to allowing Adam to carve out his own identity independent of Marvel's founding fathers: Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Parker, and so on.

Between Adam, T'Challa, Monica, and Chavez-- I feel the Ultimates have the makings of something special similar to the GotG, if not more so.

Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 08-01-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Incredible Member

*slow creeping smile*

Thanks for sharing this.

The character deserves the light shone upon him.
    Don't complain. Create.

I don't think it's Blue Marvel bc of the 'actor must be comfortable with full facial prosthetics' in the casting description - then who that supporting character is?

some ppl speculate that it might be Hulking
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)