Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    It's not moot, he still their father. That doesn't change just because they're older.
    I understand your point, but Blue Marvel has already had adventures that took him across the universe, and indeed, outside of the multiverse. I don't think anyone is suggesting that he would leave Earth forever and never come back. As it stands, Blue Marvel spends more time at Kadesh than he does at his home. His adult children really aren't that much of a concern. They have their own lives and their own careers. Kevin is no longer on Earth at all. It's ok if Blue Marvel has a life, too, outside of his children.

Speaking of unrelated topics, I really wish Grevioux had given Adam telepathy...so that when JFK asked him to retire, he could have casually rebutted, "Sir, with all due respect, a man shamelessly carrying on no less than 10 extramarital affairs, including some presently with women on your staff, has no business telling me what's right, moral or proper."

Spectacular Member

Just stopping in to show some love. I don't like when my guy's not on the 1st page

It's going to be a long, quiet summer.

And probably autumn.

And probably winter.

This week's hypothetical scenario:

Adam discovers that he is dying. His powers are killing him. He visits his son, Kevin, who confirms Adam's fears. Kevin advises that this doesn't necessarily mean it's the end for The Blue Marvel. Adam has a limited time to pass his powers on to someone. However, Kevin warns Adam that the cause of his malady is genetic in nature and if anyone in his family were to receive the power, they too would be faced with the aggressively terminal diagnosis in short order. So Adam is left with a big decision. Does he pass on his power, and if so, to whom?

After considerable thought with an eye to the greater good, Adam decides to give his power to an existing hero. Adam thoroughly researches every hero and identifies three possible candidates. He rules out Monica Rambeau, since she has said all along that she wants a more or less "normal" life. But for Adam's genetic abnormality, he would likely live for another hundred years at least...and possibly longer. Definitely not the normal life that Monica envisions.

Who do you think is the perfect candidate? And who do you think Adam would ultimately choose to become the next Blue Marvel?

Bit of a pessimistic answer but here goes:
    Marvel would probably give it to Wolverine since his healing factor would nullify the illness, then they'd have him manifest antimatter claws so he can cut his way through the negative zone and other dimensions or something dumb like that.
    Deadpool could also be on the table so they can resolve cosmic threats by having Wade kill (insert threat here) with all the stupid jokes and quips you can imagine.

I'd personally like to see Marvel dust off Maxam so Adam could pass his powers on to him

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I'd personally like to see Marvel dust off Maxam so Adam could pass his powers on to him
    Maxam is a good suggestion. He's another mostly untapped character with a cosmic background that will likely remain forever in limbo. As a former wielder of the Time Gem, I always hoped that someone would bring him back to 616. In my fanfic I revamped Maxam as the Last Time Traveler and keeper of the Enigma Force of his alternate timeline. But he also has potential as Blue Marvel III.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Adam discovers that he is dying. His powers are killing him. He visits his son, Kevin, who confirms Adam's fears. Kevin advises that this doesn't necessarily mean it's the end for The Blue Marvel. Adam has a limited time to pass his powers on to someone. However, Kevin warns Adam that the cause of his malady is genetic in nature and if anyone in his family were to receive the power, they too would be faced with the aggressively terminal diagnosis in short order. So Adam is left with a big decision. Does he pass on his power, and if so, to whom?

After considerable thought with an eye to the greater good, Adam decides to give his power to an existing hero. Adam thoroughly researches every hero and identifies three possible candidates. He rules out Monica Rambeau, since she has said all along that she wants a more or less "normal" life. But for Adam's genetic abnormality, he would likely live for another hundred years at least...and possibly longer. Definitely not the normal life that Monica envisions.

Who do you think is the perfect candidate? And who do you think Adam would ultimately choose to become the next Blue Marvel?
    My number 1 selection would be Eli Bradley. I love the prospect of a young black male that was designed to be a metaphor for an American legacy. To see him evolve from a street level guy to a hero that has upper tier potential.

2nd would be Miles Morales. ...same reason above, but I wanna see how the 2 powers would combine.

3rd would be Luke Cage, well just because.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My number 1 selection would be Eli Bradley. I love the prospect of a young black male that was designed to be a metaphor for an American legacy. To see him evolve from a street level guy to a hero that has upper tier potential.

2nd would be Miles Morales. ...same reason above, but I wanna see how the 2 powers would combine.

3rd would be Luke Cage, well just because.
    Some great suggestions here.

I could definitely see Adam giving Luke the power, if only because Luke was so critical of Adam adhering to the Presidential Executive Order. The political landscape isn't exactly the same, but I think Luke would find out right away that having the type and level of raw power that Adam has and trying to walk a mile in his shoes so to speak would be much more difficult than he imagined. I think writers would really enjoy exploring that dynamic, especially now that Luke has a family. I already have images of the panels in my mind of Luke visiting Adam's grave and apologizing to him -- because anyone can be Batman, the Flash or even Wonder Woman, but not everyone can be Superman.

Having said that, I seem to recall Grevioux not particularly liking Luke Cage -- or maybe how the character was often portrayed. If Luke did gain Adam's power, I would hope that writers would be mindful of Kevin's critique.

The other reason why I think Adam would pick Luke is popularity. I think Adam would consider Sam Wilson for that reason, too. Both are well accepted in the superhero community and the public at large. Adam might give the edge to Luke here, though, because while everyone at some point pretty much saw Sam as a "sidekick" to Captain America, no one ever thought of Luke as a sidekick to Iron Fist. "Power Man" came first on the marquee.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Supreme Power Nighthawk, Isaiah Bradley Night Thrasher, Cage , Eli Bradley or Sungirl
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 05-27-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Just wanted to add to the Blue Marvel thread by stating that a great addition to a Blue Marvel Rogue gallery from preexisting marvel villains would be Centurius aka Noah Black. This would be a great rivalry esp since both are geniuses in their respective fields and could clash on opposing philosophy regarding the usage of science and its application for humanity and also would interesting exchanges as both are men out of time. 8E802598-B54F-4F8B-925A-1351C282A22D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Just wanted to add to the Blue Marvel thread by stating that a great addition to a Blue Marvel Rogue gallery from preexisting marvel villains would be Centurius aka Noah Black. This would be a great rivalry esp since both are geniuses in their respective fields and could clash on opposing philosophy regarding the usage of science and its application for humanity and also would interesting exchanges as both are men out of time. 8E802598-B54F-4F8B-925A-1351C282A22D.jpg
    Amazing idea I’d love to see that

After giving it some thought, I've decided to go with Synch. Dr. Adam Brashear chooses Everett Thomas to become the next Blue Marvel.

Ev has the right mindset and he's a natural born leader. He's young, but he already understands what it means to have omega level power at your fingertips. Plus, having died before, Ev already knows what's at stake. He's ready to play a bigger role in fighting the evils of the world -- of the universe.

Gaining Adam's abilities won't eliminate Synch's mutant powers. In a way he'll become like Korvac, only the majority of Ev's power as Blue Marvel will be contained in his new antimatter aura. Learning to control it will take time. Worth noting, unlike Adam, Everett won't be vulnerable to Neutronium due to his aura synchronizing abilities.

There was an X-men story a while back where Adam was at the X-men's headquarters assisting the team in a technical capacity. I believe at that point Synch had been resurrected, so I'd probably launch the story from there. Adam meets Everett during that visit while touring the facilities. Given Ev's fanboy love for the Silver Surfer and other cosmic types, Ev goes out of his way to introduce himself to Adam and the two strike up an instant simpatico, one Adam never forgets.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I agree. Plus, I said this like 7 years ago. Doc Centurius would be an AWESOME villain for Adam. He has the age and legacy. He's as crazy about evolution as the High Evolutionary. With a few tweaks, he COULD be the Palpatine to Max's Anakin. Also, could be retconned into manipulating events that left Kevin stuck in the neutral zone.

And also: Elvin gets those powers!!!