Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Hypothetical Scenario #23: The Time/Space Mind-Body Swap

A powerful and heretofore unknown cosmic force curious about human nature decides to swap Adam's consciousness with that of a major villain. Adam's mind is transferred into the villain's body. The villain's mind assumes control of Adam's body. The two are then sent to major inflection points in each of their pasts to see how they would conduct themselves.

The villain trapped in Adam's body is sent back to the 1960s, just before Adam's identity is revealed. Of the 6 villains listed below, which one would you pick for this story?

1. Doctor Doom
    2. Thanos
    3. Apocalypse
    4. Red Skull
    5. Norman Osborn
    6. Magneto

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Hypothetical Scenario #23: The Time/Space Mind-Body Swap

A powerful and heretofore unknown cosmic force curious about human nature decides to swap Adam's consciousness with that of a major villain. Adam's mind is transferred into the villain's body. The villain's mind assumes control of Adam's body. The two are then sent to major inflection points in each of their pasts to see how they would conduct themselves.

The villain trapped in Adam's body is sent back to the 1960s, just before Adam's identity is revealed. Of the 6 villains listed below, which one would you pick for this story?

1. Doctor Doom
    2. Thanos
    3. Apocalypse
    4. Red Skull
    5. Norman Osborn
    6. Magneto
    The most interesting ones would be Red Skull or Norman Osborn. If I had to pick just one I'd go with Norman. Norman being a white businessman trapped in the body of a black man in the 60's, but then having the power to change things could provide a story with a number of psychological and political layers. Considering that Norman is not always portrayed as 100% stable gives you even more to work with.

I hate going to what seems to be the obvious, but I truly think that Doom would be the most interesting choice for me. Seeing someone with his arrogance, ambition, and pride navigating in that era. First would he even survive 12 hours in a day, lol? This scenario might provide real insight if Doom would be able to flourish and attain the level of power he has. I can see how this could give Doom a certain level of appreciation for the man Adam became in spite of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I hate going to what seems to be the obvious, but I truly think that Doom would be the most interesting choice for me. Seeing someone with his arrogance, ambition, and pride navigating in that era. First would he even survive 12 hours in a day, lol? This scenario might provide real insight if Doom would be able to flourish and attain the level of power he has. I can see how this could give Doom a certain level of appreciation for the man Adam became in spite of circumstances.
    If I went with Dr. Doom, then his actions would likely trigger downstream changes, including the manifestation of a different Fantastic Four. After all, in the early days Doom wasn't all that powerful. It's why he kept trying to steal the Power Cosmic from the Silver Surfer. But if he had Blue Marvel's powers back in 1960, he'd probably eliminate Reed and other rivals, leading to a new set of mortal enemies.

A little Black Girl Magic, if you please?

The Fantastic Four

• Captain Universe (Tamara Devoux)
    • Storm
    • Frenzy
    • Spectrum

Attached Images Attached Images

I'd probably go with Norman. I'd like to see how he could use his newfound power to his advantage and possibly try to feign being a hero while simultaneously cooking up something dastardly behind the scenes in the business world. Maybe have "Adam" create a company of his own (granted he keeps the secret ID) and somehow use it to covertly exploit the Black community with the "jobs" and "aid" he provides.

Btw; Happy Juneteenth, everyone!

It doesn't appear that there is anything coming out with Blue Marvel through the September solicits. I might have missed something, though, as I was scrolling while multitasking a spreadsheet.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...solicitations/
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

It doesn't appear that there is anything coming out with Blue Marvel through the September solicits. I might have missed something, though, as I was scrolling while multitasking a spreadsheet.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...solicitations/
    Its a shame too with all the blending of heroes, mutants, and cosmic characters working on such big concepts there's more than enough room to slide him into a few panels here and there. Really ashamed at how Ewing got to the highest level of writing Marvel where what he does has true impact, and he just shades Blue Marvel.

By the time we see Adam again, he'll probably look like this. If not Adam, his now young fans.

By the time we see Adam again, he'll probably look like this. If not Adam, his now young fans.
    Funny and sad, all at once bruh. Even sadder if they even decided to old Blue Marvel out right now having this look....I'm in! Lol.

For any fighting game fans on here:
    If Marvel vs Capcom V were to come out and Blue was on the roster, how would you want him to be handled?
    As in what archetype(s) do you see him fitting in best? (I.e. shoto, rushdown, grappler, zoner, turtle, etc)

Happy 4th of July, everyone. (Not that I think Adam would ever wear anything this outlandish.)

Niffleheim

So I'm reading Cantwell's Dr. Doom right now and I was surprised by how easily Sable tackled and body slammed Adam. Was he depowered or was I underestimating Sable?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    So I'm reading Cantwell's Dr. Doom right now and I was surprised by how easily Sable tackled and body slammed Adam. Was he depowered or was I underestimating Sable?
    You were wasting your time reading the series

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You were wasting your time reading the series
    I liked it but i enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading Sterlin's writing Thanos. I didn't like Adam and Kang's depictions and that is how most characters are treated in a Doom story but the Sable part had me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I liked it but i enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading Sterlin's writing Thanos. I didn't like Adam and Kang's depictions and that is how most characters are treated in a Doom story but the Sable part had me confused.
    Yeah, don't feel bad. Trust your instincts that tell you this shouldn't be possible. This is on a worst level than the infamous Silver Surfer armbar! The glimmer of hope relies on if John Ridley wants to use a black Superman level hero as a foil/partner for his upcoming Black Panther book.