Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

It's being written by Reginald Hudlin who helped reinvigorate Black Panther after Chris Priest left. The art by Doug Braithwaite is solid. The first issue was ok, but by most reports the second issue is better.

Haven't read-read it so far but I watched video breakdowns of the first 2 issues. Main thing I'm satisfied with is the filling in of the gaps in his origin.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's being written by Reginald Hudlin who helped reinvigorate Black Panther after Chris Priest left. The art by Doug Braithwaite is solid. The first issue was ok, but by most reports the second issue is better.
    Sounds like a solid team. Glad to hear Icon is getting an infusion.

Not sure if we'll ever see Blue Marvel get anything like that any time soon. His best days are probably behind us.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sounds like a solid team. Glad to hear Icon is getting an infusion.

Not sure if we'll ever see Blue Marvel get anything like that any time soon. His best days are probably behind us.
    Yeah, the revamp of the Milestone characters was announced something like a year and a half ago. It took so long because there was a lot of back and forth behind the scenes because DC doesn't own those characters out right and the creators and their estates were hammering out legal issues.

Yeah, the revamp of the Milestone characters was announced something like a year and a half ago. It took so long because there was a lot of back and forth behind the scenes because DC doesn't own those characters out right and the creators and their estates were hammering out legal issues.
    Ahhh, yes, I recall seeing articles about that on the web. I'm glad that they were finally able to arrive at an agreement.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Kevin Grevioux has some say in how Blue Marvel is used?

Invincible Member

Ahhh, yes, I recall seeing articles about that on the web. I'm glad that they were finally able to arrive at an agreement.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Kevin Grevioux has some say in how Blue Marvel is used?
    I'm curious about that as well. I doubt Marvel has to call Kevin every time Blue Marvel shows up in the Avengers or whatever. But I wonder if he has a co-owner deal with Marvel when it comes to the rights of the character. At the very least he's got to have a royalty deal where if BM appears in other media he gets paid.

I'm curious about that as well. I doubt Marvel has to call Kevin every time Blue Marvel shows up in the Avengers or whatever. But I wonder if he has a co-owner deal with Marvel when it comes to the rights of the character. At the very least he's got to have a royalty deal where if BM appears in other media he gets paid.
    You of all things I never even considered that as an issue. I would list so many other reasons for the aversion to using Adam, and that isn't one. My goodness, I hope that isn't why cause that would be pettiness of a whole new level.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You of all things I never even considered that as an issue. I would list so many other reasons for the aversion to using Adam, and that isn't one. My goodness, I hope that isn't why cause that would be pettiness of a whole new level.
    I don't think that's necessarily why BM isn't used more. I mean, he still gets used, just kind of sporadically and not always well. Having said that, there's many examples of both DC and Marvel not wanting to pay creators for one reason or another. It's definitely the reason we don't see the Bradley family ( Isiah, Joshua X, Elijah) in comics these days.

BANNED

Question... Before Adam (Blue Marvel) Brasher who was Marvel's "Black Superman" analog?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Question... Before Adam (Blue Marvel) Brasher who was Marvel's "Black Superman" analog?
    It depends on how you define "analog", but the simple truth is there wasn't one. Kevin Grevioux created Blue Marvel precisely because Marvel didn't have any Black characters that were on Superman's level.

The closest that you get in terms of power is Phastos and/or one of the gods that never get any spotlight and always need help from their White counterparts, like Horus.

The closest that you get in terms of an alien origin for his powers is Earth Sentry, a character from another timeline. But it's unlikely that Earth Sentry would be considered a heavy hitter...like, say, 616 Sentry (who was created 2 years after Earth Sentry), or even Carol Danvers, whose origin Earth Sentry mirrors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-07-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

There was marvel's Meteor Man but that was in earlier 1990's.

Extraordinary Member

There was fred but in a alternate universe.

MC2 Jim Rhodes

There is phastos a combination of a thor and superman type.
    There are some other black eternals that have shown up before blue marvel in 2008 but they were shown less then phastos.

THREAD: ALTERNATE TAKES ON SUPERMAN
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...es-on-Superman
    Last edited by mace11; 09-07-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There was marvel's Meteor Man but that was in earlier 1990's.
    Wasn't Meteor Man a Marvel adaptation from Robert Townsend's movie? Or was he created at Marvel first and the concept was later adapted for the big screen?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There was fred but in a alternate universe.
    Whatever became of FRED/alternate Earth Jim Rhodes? Did he ever regain his humanity, or is he still basically a nanite robot?

Wasn't Meteor Man a Marvel adaptation from Robert Townsend's movie? Or was he created at Marvel first and the concept was later adapted for the big screen?
    It was an adaptation followed by a limited series that took place in the regular Marvel Universe teaming him with Night Thrasher and Spider-Man.