Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    (Sigh) ..... I can't anymore, if Marvel comics is slowly trying to whiteout all of its heroes, stories and plots then I just start getting more independent comics that seem to have no problem with black representation. What's funny is I would expect this from an office full of trumpers, but I willing to bet that most would identify as progressive liberals. Between things like this and what happens freely at the X-Men office. Are white guys in charge a problem?
    Ike Perlmutter is a CEO of Marvel. He is literally a Trump supporter and he's literally the reason we didn't get a Black Panther or female led Marvel movie until Disney moved him from Marvel Productions to a different dept.

Spectacular Member

Doom is trash character, he's clearly evil, but they want us to think he's good... Anyone with sense knows he evil. I can't wait for a Blue marvel book by a black writer. Then we can get the full power of Blue marvel without racism.

Fantastic Member

I think it's a bit of a slippery slope to accuse the writers of mistreating Adam due to racism.

The bottom line is, sadly, that Doc Doom is such a much more high profile, multi-media property than Blue Marvel.

You only have to look at the sudden rub that Taskmaster has gotten, just because he'll be in the Black Widow movie.

Ultimately we just have to help that someone uses Adam in an MCU project - TV or film - and maybe he'll receive more and better coverage on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ike Perlmutter is a CEO of Marvel. He is literally a Trump supporter and he's literally the reason we didn't get a Black Panther or female led Marvel movie until Disney moved him from Marvel Productions to a different dept.
    Facts, I remember reading an article about him, and it just serves as a constant reminder of what fictional heroes and narratives are up against the same hate black people experience in real life. It's so easy to make the connection to why there's seems to be such an issue with how comics have so many obvious issues with showcasing and pushing more powerful black male heroes! We see purely white writers and editors in Marvel comics making all the decisions and I challenge anyone show me where they are really working to to incorporate black male heroes in on a transformational level to hit Thor, or Iron Man levels? Aaron of recent note is somewhat close to being written into a big event. We continue to see new roll outs and no concrete concepts with any black heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I think it's a bit of a slippery slope to accuse the writers of mistreating Adam due to racism.

The bottom line is, sadly, that Doc Doom is such a much more high profile, multi-media property than Blue Marvel.

You only have to look at the sudden rub that Taskmaster has gotten, just because he'll be in the Black Widow movie.

Ultimately we just have to help that someone uses Adam in an MCU project - TV or film - and maybe he'll receive more and better coverage on the page.
    Slippery slope? Bro we are seeing Hyperion, and Sentry being used here. Let's look at the fact this recent event that is supposedly so bad villains have been recruited? Yet somehow we get zero Blue Marvel, and even Monica, who would be the perfect foil for the big bad! Why are they not included? Supremely powerful heroes! Nobody's looking for them, why? What possible rationale?

Fantastic Member

Conversely, Hyperion is getting jobbed by MCU Taskmaster. Sentry has been consistently been written badly, with King In Black being the latest slap in the face.

At this point I'd be grateful that Adam only had to suffer Doom's series.

I honestly think that the issue here is Marvel pushing properties on the page that are currently/imminently onscreen.

Extraordinary Member

Conversely, Hyperion is getting jobbed by MCU Taskmaster. Sentry has been consistently been written badly, with King In Black being the latest slap in the face.

At this point I'd be grateful that Adam only had to suffer Doom's series.

I honestly think that the issue here is Marvel pushing properties on the page that are currently/imminently onscreen.
    Truth. But then we need some Monica material coming out.

We just had her in Symbiote Spider-Man, but we need more stuff with her, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon-and Bucky coming out.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is there an example of a Black heroic character that was barely used in comics (and typically poorly written as support stock) that was elevated to the MCU to equal or exceed the fame of franchise characters?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is there an example of a Black heroic character that was barely used in comics (and typically poorly written as support stock) that was elevated to the MCU to equal or exceed the fame of franchise characters?
    Blade, maybe?

But he was before the MCU.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Which would be the more compelling plot twist?

1. The powerful goddess Nyx, seeking revenge against Monica, uses her vast dark magics to assume the likeness of Candace Brashear by binding their souls together. Nyx/Candace waits until after Adam and Monica are married and pregnant with child to surface and stake her claim on Adam and generally make both of their lives a living hell.

-OR-

2. The powerful goddess Nyx, seeking revenge against Monica, abducts Adam. We don't know if he's alive or dead, but whatever Nyx did to him, the real Adam is absent for five years. Nyx then transforms herself into a nigh-perfect doppelganger of Adam and proceeds to screw Monica over in every conceivable way. They marry, have a child, and all the while Monica is so in love with Adam/Nyx that she never suspects. Until one day the abuse starts, as emotionally violent as it is unexpected. This goes on for months and Monica miscarries during her second pregnancy as a result. Twins. When Nyx finally reveals her treachery and exacts her pound of flesh, Monica is completely broken. But somehow she finds the strength to defeat Nyx with the help of the Scarlet Witch, the Vision and Emmet Proudhawk. And then the search for the real Adam begins. When Monica finally finds his body, or at least the first body part ......

......well, let's just say that it doesn't look good for Adam. Or his Ghost.

Nice to see Blue Marvel trending on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Blue...ertical=trends

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Nice to see Blue Marvel trending on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Blue...ertical=trends
    Yes, I've been peepin that too! I'm cautiously optimistic that he may hit the small screen first and hopefully set him up for the big screen! I had a conversation in the X-Men threads that tv, and movies may be the ultimate hope for black male Marvel heroes just due to attitudes and mindset of comics writers.

Doesn't matter if the Blue Marvel appears on the small screen, the big screen, or in the funny books, if his rogue's gallery is lacking, no one will take him seriously. A superhero is only interesting as his/her villain. Remember that. Anti-Man is not that much of a threat to Blue Marvel and neither is Dr. Skorpion. He needs some help in that department.

I got an idea for a new BM villain: Vibranium Man.

Think of him as the black version of Metallo. He's a vibranium-based cyborg whose powered by a Neutronium power source. Neutronium being Blue Marvel's only weakness, which will make him a walking Achilles’ heel as far as Adam is concerned. A bigger threat to him than Anti-Man ever was. His backstory? A former colleague of Doctor Brasher whose life's work was ruined by Brashear. So he wants revenge.

Incredible Member

Blue Marvel is great character I wish he was a valiant or image character instead of Marvel