Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I am split on what I want for a Blue Marvel movie...

On the one hand I think a period piece showing him in the past against what was going on in the 60s ending with JFK asking him to stand down...

On the other hand set in modern times with his back story told in flashback...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The story of Adam is incomplete. Whether in a comic series, or in the MCU, until they address his true calling and show that his hero's journey has come full circle to completion, I won't be content. They sat Adam down and they need to show why that was a mistake. Adam is now back and they need to show how he makes a difference. They haven't done that yet, although Ewing came close in having Adam and T'Challa work together to solve the cosmic dilemma of Galactus. I'm not optimistic that they ever will.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Doesn't matter if the Blue Marvel appears on the small screen, the big screen, or in the funny books, if his rogue's gallery is lacking, no one will take him seriously. A superhero is only interesting as his/her villain. Remember that. Anti-Man is not that much of a threat to Blue Marvel and neither is Dr. Skorpion. He needs some help in that department.

I got an idea for a new BM villain: Vibranium Man.

Think of him as the black version of Metallo. He's a vibranium-based cyborg whose powered by a Neutronium power source. Neutronium being Blue Marvel's only weakness, which will make him a walking Achilles’ heel as far as Adam is concerned. A bigger threat to him than Anti-Man ever was. His backstory? A former colleague of Doctor Brasher whose life's work was ruined by Brashear. So he wants revenge.
    I agree that Adam (and several other heroes) could use a better rogues gallery.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Anti-Man, though. He loves Adam like a brother. He's never really done anything to hurt Adam intentionally. At least not while he was sane and in control of his faculties. Adam, on the other hand, thought he killed Anti-Man on one occasion and then threatened to kill him on another. I think you have to keep Anti-Man around because it keeps Adam's b/s in perspective. He's not the pure-hearted, level-headed, anti-violent straight arrow that they paint him to be. Not always.

And for what it's worth, Anti-Man has been shown to be more powerful than Blue Marvel on occasion. Adam may have fought the full team of Avengers with Sentry, but Anti-Man fought that same team with Sentry AND the Blue Marvel and held his own until Adam had to do something really extreme. I like Anti-Man. You have to keep him around...assuming he's not permanently dead.

I'm not knocking your idea, but are you concerned at all about doubling down on the perception that Adam is a Superman pasticcio in giving him a Metallo-type villain?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree that Adam (and several other heroes) could use a better rogues gallery.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Anti-Man, though. He loves Adam like a brother. He's never really done anything to hurt Adam intentionally. At least not while he was sane and in control of his faculties. Adam, on the other hand, thought he killed Anti-Man on one occasion and then threatened to kill him on another. I think you have to keep Anti-Man around because it keeps Adam's b/s in perspective. He's not the pure-hearted, level-headed, anti-violent straight arrow that they paint him to be. Not always.

And for what it's worth, Anti-Man has been shown to be more powerful than Blue Marvel on occasion. Adam may have fought the full team of Avengers with Sentry, but Anti-Man fought that same team with Sentry AND the Blue Marvel and held his own until Adam had to do something really extreme. I like Anti-Man. You have to keep him around...assuming he's not permanently dead.

I'm not knocking your idea, but are you concerned at all about doubling down on the perception that Adam is a Superman pasticcio in giving him a Metallo-type villain?
    Don't see anything wrong with that. I'm a huge fan of Moon Knight and I can acknowledge that he comes from Batman. Doesn't make me like him any less. So I feel the same way about the Blue Marvel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Blue Marvel + Squadron Supreme = $$$

Marvel should draft up a storyline where a warrior race of beings from the Neutral Zone called the Neutronians or whatever want to invade our world and it's up to Doctor Adam Brasher, the foremost expert on all Neutral Zone matters to stop them. With Hyperion's blessing, the Blue Marvel assembles the all-new, all-different Squadron Supreme to safeguard our world from Neutronion invasion.
    Last edited by Common Writer; 02-22-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Don't see anything wrong with that. I'm a huge fan of Moon Knight and I can acknowledge that he comes from Batman. Doesn't make me like him any less. So I feel the same way about the Blue Marvel.
    I see. Well, like I've said before, Marvel generally rides or dies with its original characters first. The pastiches usually come along in the second and third wave. In a perfect world, Adam rides in with that first wave. Maybe some day he will. But he'd have to be his own character, his own hero to do that, imho.

Further, the Superman pastiche is a very crowded field. Not just with Marvel, but with every other comic publisher turned tv/cinema presence. At some point we have to believe that the market will start to push back.

Marvel should draft up a storyline where a warrior race of beings from the Neutral Zone called the Neutronians or whatever want to invade our world and it's up to Doctor Adam Brasher, the foremost expert on all Neutral Zone matters to stop them. With Hyperion's blessing, the Blue Marvel assembles the all-new, all-different Squadron Supreme to safeguard our world from Neutronion invasion.
    The Neutral Zone would be the perfect focus for a Blue Marvel series. It's basically virgin territory that can be mined for stories in ways that other dimensions aren't.

I would like to see a few aspects of the NZ explored in greater detail. Case in point:

In Ultimates, MAC suggested that knowledge of the realm predates Adam's "discovery" of it. It begs the question how does MAC know this, since she likely wasn't even born when Adam first discovered it back in the 1960s. That aside, what we do know is that the Neutral Zone hosts a number of super predators straight out of Lovecraft's Necronomicon. It makes me wonder if the NZ isn't merely conducive to matter and antimatter coexisting in one form, but of the forces of magic and science/cosmic energy also coexisting as a single force.

Adam often says that he doesn't believe in magic. There's also the prosaic adage that magic is merely science that we don't understand. I'd like to see Marvel complete the square, so to speak. Adam doesn't believe in magic, because he's been to the NZ where mystical forces are indistinct from cosmic forces. That would help explain Adam's view on the subject. He's not merely in denial, he's speaking from a greater understanding of the forces that shape the multiverse and beyond. It would also clear the way for the "anti-magic" powers that I'd want Adam to realize within his existing powerset.

Another item that I'd like to see the next writer tackle is Iso-8. This is the elementary particle that comprises the NZ, more commonly known as Neutronium. Again referring to Ultimates, Adam indicated that before the current multiverse it was impossible for Iso-8 to exist within the mainstream universe. It was too unstable. But with the advent of the current multiverse Iso-8 had changed to be more stable. I wonder if this new stability also means that it's no longer any more of a detriment to Adam than any other extremely powerful source of energy. In short, is it no longer solely Adam's "Kryptonite" as it would be equally lethal to, well, pretty much anyone and everyone?

And now that I think about it, if Iso-8 is stable, how does that affect Kevin Brashear? Would it be possible for him to return to the main universe for slightly longer durations? Maybe not indefinitely, but long enough to, say, establish an avatar, or take on an apprentice/intermediary? I love Blue Marvel, but I'd be all in with exploring Kevin Brashear's history. Who knows, maybe at the time that he disappeared into the NZ, he was dating someone who was only a couple of weeks pregnant with his child. A woman whom Adam didn't know. (It's not like every person you date gets to come home and meet the family right away.) Maybe with his vast powers Kevin becomes aware of his daughter, and devises a way for her to acquire powers gifted to her via an Iso-spheric device? The next thing you know, voila, Marvel has a new star in the firmament. And the little girl knows how to kick butt and take names! No Kevin doesn't reveal to his daughter that he's her father right away. Being a cosmic godlike being has its drawbacks, including emotion-based considerations. But eventually he does tell her. And Adam finds out that he's been a grandfather for all of these years. Or something like that.

Speaking of magic, I would like to read a mini-series where Blue Marvel retrieves the Infinity Gauntlet. Wielding all of that power, what would he do with it? Would he use the Time Stone to go back in time to rewrite parts of his past? Would he use the Space Stone to terraform the Neutral Zone?

If push came to shove, who do you think he would snap out of existence? Would Blue Marvel become the next Thanos?

Extraordinary Member

Back during “Times Run Out,” if Adam was invited to the Illuminati, do you think he would join?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Back during “Times Run Out,” if Adam was invited to the Illuminati, do you think he would join?
    No. And I'm not sure I'd want him in Hickman's version anyway. The whole point of that story was the heroes compromising their values and still losing. Adam already made a problematic decision in the past. His path in current stories should be about him not doing so again.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    No. And I'm not sure I'd want him in Hickman's version anyway. The whole point of that story was the heroes compromising their values and still losing. Adam already made a problematic decision in the past. His path in current stories should be about him not doing so again.
    This would be the only "Superman like" element that should be represented in Adam the moral rigidity to adhere to the highest virtue.

The Neutral Zone would be the perfect focus for a Blue Marvel series. It's basically virgin territory that can be mined for stories in ways that other dimensions aren't.

I would like to see a few aspects of the NZ explored in greater detail. Case in point:

In Ultimates, MAC suggested that knowledge of the realm predates Adam's "discovery" of it. It begs the question how does MAC know this, since she likely wasn't even born when Adam first discovered it back in the 1960s. That aside, what we do know is that the Neutral Zone hosts a number of super predators straight out of Lovecraft's Necronomicon. It makes me wonder if the NZ isn't merely conducive to matter and antimatter coexisting in one form, but of the forces of magic and science/cosmic energy also coexisting as a single force.

Adam often says that he doesn't believe in magic. There's also the prosaic adage that magic is merely science that we don't understand. I'd like to see Marvel complete the square, so to speak. Adam doesn't believe in magic, because he's been to the NZ where mystical forces are indistinct from cosmic forces. That would help explain Adam's view on the subject. He's not merely in denial, he's speaking from a greater understanding of the forces that shape the multiverse and beyond. It would also clear the way for the "anti-magic" powers that I'd want Adam to realize within his existing powerset.

Another item that I'd like to see the next writer tackle is Iso-8. This is the elementary particle that comprises the NZ, more commonly known as Neutronium. Again referring to Ultimates, Adam indicated that before the current multiverse it was impossible for Iso-8 to exist within the mainstream universe. It was too unstable. But with the advent of the current multiverse Iso-8 had changed to be more stable. I wonder if this new stability also means that it's no longer any more of a detriment to Adam than any other extremely powerful source of energy. In short, is it no longer solely Adam's "Kryptonite" as it would be equally lethal to, well, pretty much anyone and everyone?

And now that I think about it, if Iso-8 is stable, how does that affect Kevin Brashear? Would it be possible for him to return to the main universe for slightly longer durations? Maybe not indefinitely, but long enough to, say, establish an avatar, or take on an apprentice/intermediary? I love Blue Marvel, but I'd be all in with exploring Kevin Brashear's history. Who knows, maybe at the time that he disappeared into the NZ, he was dating someone who was only a couple of weeks pregnant with his child. A woman whom Adam didn't know. (It's not like every person you date gets to come home and meet the family right away.) Maybe with his vast powers Kevin becomes aware of his daughter, and devises a way for her to acquire powers gifted to her via an Iso-spheric device? The next thing you know, voila, Marvel has a new star in the firmament. And the little girl knows how to kick butt and take names! No Kevin doesn't reveal to his daughter that he's her father right away. Being a cosmic godlike being has its drawbacks, including emotion-based considerations. But eventually he does tell her. And Adam finds out that he's been a grandfather for all of these years. Or something like that.
    I got another idea for a Blue Marvel villain: The Blue Vision.

An alternate version to the original Vision, this one was designed by Doctor Adam Brashear using brain patterns partially based on those of the Blue Marvel and his son, Kevin Brashear. Colored blue and white, he sharply resembles the classic look of the Blue Marvel. Programmed to assist Adam around the Kadesh Base and also to explore the unknown regions of Exo-Space; he comes in contact with Iso-8 radiation, short-circuiting. Now rebelling against his programming, he sets out to attack Adam Brashear and ultimately the Avengers.

I got another idea for a Blue Marvel villain: The Blue Vision.

An alternate version to the original Vision, this one was designed by Doctor Adam Brashear using brain patterns partially based on those of the Blue Marvel and his son, Kevin Brashear. Colored blue and white, he sharply resembles the classic look of the Blue Marvel. Programmed to assist Adam around the Kadesh Base and also to explore the unknown regions of Exo-Space; he comes in contact with Iso-8 radiation, short-circuiting. Now rebelling against his programming, he sets out to attack Adam Brashear and ultimately the Avengers.
    The Name needs some tweaking, but that concept is cool. What aspects would you incorporate to allow for this character to stand apart from Vision, or Ultron? Wanna hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The Name needs some tweaking, but that concept is cool. What aspects would you incorporate to allow for this character to stand apart from Vision, or Ultron? Wanna hear your thoughts.
    Besides your garden variety robotic abilities, I imagine that Blue Vision is made out of the same material as Adam's Exploration Mark XIII Armor. He's coated in an ultra-high-density shell that provides him shielding from matter/anti-matter fluctuations. Which makes him nearly indestructible during a fight as well as the NZ. Since BV is using brain patterns based on those of his creator, he has also inherited some of Adam's most traumatic memories i.e. the death of Marlene Frazier. The deep sense of guilt that Adam feels for his wife hurts the same for the mighty android.

Since Adam was the one who created both the Blue Marvel and Anti-Man, Blue Vision holds Adam solely responsible for Marlene's death and wants to exact revenge.

Amazing Member

The story of Adam is incomplete. Whether in a comic series, or in the MCU, until they address his true calling and show that his hero's journey has come full circle to completion, I won't be content. They sat Adam down and they need to show why that was a mistake. Adam is now back and they need to show how he makes a difference. They haven't done that yet, although Ewing came close in having Adam and T'Challa work together to solve the cosmic dilemma of Galactus. I'm not optimistic that they ever will.
    I heard Ewing doesn't want to do Brashear anymore. It might be worth inviting Kevin Grevioux back to do as you suggested. The idea of showing other side - the governments mistake in sitting him down seems intriguing. His potential as character is so great that it would be a waste to leave him obscurity.

Amazing Member

I see. Well, like I've said before, Marvel generally rides or dies with its original characters first. The pastiches usually come along in the second and third wave. In a perfect world, Adam rides in with that first wave. Maybe some day he will. But he'd have to be his own character, his own hero to do that, imho.

Further, the Superman pastiche is a very crowded field. Not just with Marvel, but with every other comic publisher turned tv/cinema presence. At some point we have to believe that the market will start to push back.

The idea of NZ being virgin territory is really fascinating. Adam could be discover civilizations that had existed eons before our own. I've often thought of the infinaught and Adam working together to create a containment suite that would allow Kevin to exist in the main universe without destroying the moment he enters it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    The idea of NZ being virgin territory is really fascinating. Adam could be discover civilizations that had existed eons before our own. I've often thought of the infinaught and Adam working together to create a containment suite that would allow Kevin to exist in the main universe without destroying the moment he enters it.
    Not a bad idea.

You mentioned the Infinaut. Now there's a story that would be fun, too -- Adam visiting the Infinaut's time/space continuum. Like the Beyonders and wherever the heck Knull comes from, it's supposed to be outside of Eternity and the multiverse. It would be cool to see Adam visit Infinaut and return with some new powers, gadgets, knowledge. That's if he ever finds his way back home.