Page 114 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    The only thing i remember worth grabbing from that book would be Aaron's son. Miles' family dynamic has always been a strong suit from day one(its a shame his grandma dropped off the face of the earth) so lets keep it going and keep it growing.
    I'm more fine with Billie than a sudden clone brother/sidekick, but that's just me.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    "Then it’s new Spider-Man vs. newest Spider-Man in Saladin Ahmed and Carlos Gómez’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #81! The Beyond Corporation paid a lot of money for the Spider-Man trademark and does not take kindly to an unlicensed Spider-Man running around Brooklyn. So it’s up to Ben Reilly to take Miles Morales down." I called it, Beyond doesn't want a Spider-Man not on their bankroll to control.
    I'm really glad Beyond and Miles are syncing up together. I've always felt like Miles and Peter's comics will be more synced up, but this will work to. Hopefully I can read both Clone Sagas before Beyond drops.

The solicits are basically the same, just with some variants:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #81
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARLOS GÓMEZ (A) • Beyond Board: PATRICK GLEASON, CODY ZIGLAR, ZEB WELLS, KELLY THOMPSON & SALADIN AHMED • Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    Variant Cover by ARIST DEYN
    DEVIL'S REIGN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    It's new Spider-Man vs. newest Spider-Man!!!
    The Beyond Corporation paid a lot of money for the Spider-Man trademark and does not take kindly to an unlicensed Spider-Man running around Brooklyn.
    So it's up to Ben Reilly to take Miles Morales down.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 09-16-2021 at 08:33 AM.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #33
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY MATEUS MANHANINI
    DEVIL'S REIGN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    BEYOND TIE-IN! The events of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #81 open up a can of worms and send Miles and Shift on a quest that will have dire effects on both of them. What does this mean for Ben Reilly? Keep reading, True Believers!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #33
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY MATEUS MANHANINI
    DEVIL'S REIGN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    BEYOND TIE-IN! The events of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #81 open up a can of worms and send Miles and Shift on a quest that will have dire effects on both of them. What does this mean for Ben Reilly? Keep reading, True Believers!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    The variant by Mateus Manhanini is a work of Beauty. It's like if ITSV Miles was diving into Peni Parker's dimension.

Mighty Member

Miles' new look is so dependent on the artist and the coloring. In some images I really like it. In some I absolutely hate it. The last cover in the solicits for the December issue of MM:SM make it look FANTASTIC, but the other cover makes it look atrocious. The cover for the Amazing issue makes it look really unappealing as well.

In general, I don't think I'm a fan. I definitely prefer his, quite frankly iconic, original look. But some of these artists that manage to make the new one look cool make it look REALLY, REALLY cool. I fear it's going to come down to the individual art teams to salvage this one.

Miles and Cindy on this Avengers Forever variant

Don't know if either of them are going to be in the actual book, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Miles' new look is so dependent on the artist and the coloring. In some images I really like it. In some I absolutely hate it. The last cover in the solicits for the December issue of MM:SM make it look FANTASTIC, but the other cover makes it look atrocious. The cover for the Amazing issue makes it look really unappealing as well.

In general, I don't think I'm a fan. I definitely prefer his, quite frankly iconic, original look. But some of these artists that manage to make the new one look cool make it look REALLY, REALLY cool. I fear it's going to come down to the individual art teams to salvage this one.
    Agreed, the variant for the December issue is the first time I've actually liked the look as opposed to flat hating it or being apathetic to it. And I think you've pointed out a yet unmentioned flaw of the suit, it's far too inconsistent. Is it red or is it pink? How baggy is it supposed to be? The shoes have even looked different depending on the artist.

It'd be pretty cool if they did.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    The only thing i remember worth grabbing from that book would be Aaron's son. Miles' family dynamic has always been a strong suit from day one(its a shame his grandma dropped off the face of the earth) so lets keep it going and keep it growing.
    I couldn't stand the Aaron's son subplot. I found it totally unnecessary.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I just don't get why he needs to wear a costume that looks more like clothes than a costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

I totally co-sign all of this. Totally my feelings about this as well, I’m regards to it.

Incredible Member

The color scheme reminds me more of the Black and Red team of Thunderbolts lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like the artist is expecting this to catch on like the Black Suit .
    THere is a version of this with Miles in his normal suit.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    THere is a version of this with Miles in his normal suit.
    I'm pretty sure Kamala's Stormranger suit got one too.

edit: she did

If any other Spider character (or any popular character) got a new costume, they'd probably do an homage to the Secret Wars cover too.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 09-16-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Of course, while Kamala isn't officially a spider character, she has been described as a 21st century version of Spider-Man, though that relates to the slice of life aspects of her rather than her powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman