Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Don't mention it, pal. My pleasure.
    All right, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Heh no wonder the different clone types felt familiar. Ultimate Spidey and TMNT did it
    A lot of things in fiction do seem to have been done much earlier than we think they would be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Mantle passed.

What the...? What's that from and what's going on?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-25-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These clones remind me of the Spider-Slayers from the Ultimate cartoon:

I'm expecting Peter will just show up for a brief moment, tell Miles "Clones, huh? That's crazy. You've got this handled, though" and bow out like he usually has in this run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    First of all, I have to say, there's no picture here, pal.
    You need to omit the bit after the .jpg in the image address.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What the...? What's that from and what's going on?

That's Miles getting his suit for the first time from Jessica back from the start of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

The reason for the post? Beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Mantle passed.
    Miles getting his official costume in the Ultimate Universe was a pretty sweet moment, and I liked how he and Jessica Drew bonded later in the series once Jessica admitted her issues with considering herself a real person in her own right to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    That's Miles getting his suit for the first time from Jessica back from the start of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

The reason for the post? Beats me.
    Well, that scene isn't the mantle being passed, then. That had already happened, when Miles started fighting crime after Peter's death. Jessica didn't like that he was wearing Peter's suit so arranged for SHIELD to make him a new one?

Well, that scene isn't the mantle being passed, then. That had already happened, when Miles started fighting crime after Peter's death. Jessica didn't like that he was wearing Peter's suit so arranged for SHIELD to make him a new one?
    It’s less “passing on the mantle”, and more like “you have our blessing to carry on the legacy” sort of thing. Remember, Bendis made Peter’s death hit hard for people in the comic and outside it too. Fury and the Ultimates blamed themselves for neglecting to train him properly and treating him like an outsider. And he was really the only real family Jessica had. Miles also suited up in the Halloween knockoff costume when everyone was still emotionally raw from mourning.

Kind of interesting to think about the origin of Miles' suits...originally he basically just got handed his original after that prototype costume (that everyone agreed was in bad taste), Spider-Verse was one of Peter's old suits that Miles gave a new coat of paint, Marvel's Spider-Man had Horizon High with an instant costume-maker for the kids, Insomniac basically made his own suit when he needed to come into his own (that I think they remade from the suit Peter gave him? I forget).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Insomniac basically made his own suit when he needed to come into his own (that I think they remade from the suit Peter gave him? I forget).
    I think the game's suit making montage showed him and Ganke going over the damage on the gifted suit caused by Miles' bio-electricity, and how to make the new suit more durable to it. Remember the scenes in the montage after, where Miles was channeling his venom blast into different fabric material and finding out which of them wouldn't fry from him using his bio-electric powers.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 01-26-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Having liked his The Other History of the DC Universe (starring Black Lightning) and The Next Batman over at DC, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with Miles. He also wrote a duo of original superhero deconstruction novels called Those Who Walk in Darkness and What Fire Cannot Burn, taking place in a world where humanity basically declared war on all superhumans, heroes and villains alike, after a major disaster that destroyed San Francisco --- only told from the viewpoint of a member of the police division specially tasked with eliminating superhumans. In a nutshell, as bad as Civil War got, without the need to preserve "brand viability" for Marvel's universe of characters, it could have turned out a lot worse.

I'm curious to see his take on Spider-Man.

I wonder if that's an audition for when Ahmed leaves? They won't want a hiatus like when Bendis left unexpectedly. Better to have some people in mind.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-27-2021 at 02:24 PM.

I wonder if that's an audition for when Ahmed leaves? They won't want a hiatus like when Bendis left unexpectedly. Better to have some people in mind.
    True enough.