Page 121 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2259
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I was more so talking about his Tumblr (https://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co...ly-going-to-be) but that too.

It's whatever, though, some people are going to want Miles to be bi no matter what. More power to them.
    Yeah, Bendis is saying he has no intentions of Miles being Bi.Not that he can't or never will be Bi.
    I don't want him to be Bi no matter what btw, couldn't care less.Just saying why it makes sense for him to be bi as a character and cultural phenomenon and why it works best w/ him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also I don't care about race if chemistry isn't there, they are mediocre at best.It's a plus don't get me wrong, but doesn't make the relationship better.
    The chemistry is there. You may not care about race, but those that Miles was created to represent are invested in that aspect of the character and seeing him fall in love with members of his community is something people really resonate with. I mean, weren't you talking about representation? Also, CBR is really not a good place to find any kind of popular consensus.

(Also, not that it matters, but Bendis explicitly said "Miles is not." It was pretty simple what he was saying. It's not as if Marvel is beholden to that, but let's not grasp at straws here.)

Mighty Member

I was more so talking about his Tumblr (https://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co...ly-going-to-be) but that too.
    Okay.

It's whatever, though, some people are going to want Miles to be bi no matter what. More power to them.
    Yep, there are people who wanted Miles to be gay/bi since his creation but that happens to every new character created. I don't care one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Yep, there are people who wanted Miles to be gay/bi since his creation but that happens to every new character created. I don't care one way or the other.
    Very true, my thoughts exactly.

Extraordinary Member

The chemistry is there. You may not care about race, but those that Miles was created to represent are invested in that aspect of the character and seeing him fall in love with members of his community is something people really resonate with. I mean, weren't you talking about representation? Also, CBR is really not a good place to find any kind of popular consensus.

(Also, not that it matters, but Bendis explicitly said "Miles is not." It was pretty simple what he was saying. It's not as if Marvel is beholden to that, but let's not grasp at straws here.)
    No, I'm saying race doesn't matter if chemistry isn't there.Not that they don't have chemistry.They are fine.Yeah as I said it's a plus but doesn't justify or make the relationship any better in quality.
    Believe me I know that CBR isn't the place for judging popular consensus.....

Again he said Miles isn't.And people who say Miles or any character is Bi mostly try to say it's in canon(Peter has many such fans).I'm not saying that he is Bi in comics or is hinted at being Bi, that would be delusional.My point was why I can see why they would make him Bi and how it would affect people.

And as you said people Miles is targeting are in the age and race demograhic where Miles being Bi would be inspiring.You may not care about such a change but a lot of people would and I've already listed why Miles is a great candidate for it.

Mighty Member

As far as I can tell outside of Spider-Gwen because of ITSV (although it started before that) and Ms. Marvel, Starling is Miles the only other ship I have seen gain any traction on Tumblr, at least more than Barbara ever got, and I say this as some who ships Miles and Bombshell.

Miles Morales doesn't need any romantic interests after Starling. That's his MJ. (Also, Bendis confirmed he's heterosexual.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Miles is mixed and Saladin has said Starling is "supposed" to be his own Black Cat, so she might not even stick around but only Saladin and the Editors know that answer. As for the Lana thing, yes. The fans that have been reading Miles for a minute have asked Saladin quite a bit when will Lana return around the time he sidelined her.
    I don't know if I'd call her his MJ but compared to Barbara (who I feel like Bendis was clumsily setting up as "The MJ") Ahmed is more invested in Starling because she's his character.
    I like Miles and Starling, but I also like that Miles only casually dating so far and his romantic life is more in the background it leaves room for that aspect of his life to grow as he is not stuck in an OTP.
    I think Miles is too young for an OTP yet (people still aren't even sure if Kamala and Bruno are a true OTP yet). I'm not sure if his love life has been satisfactorily developed/written but he's definitely got a wide field to play from...
    As far as I can tell outside of Spider-Gwen because of ITSV (although it started before that) and Ms. Marvel, Starling is Miles the only other ship I have seen gain any traction on Tumblr, at least more than Barbara ever got, and I say this as some who ships Miles and Bombshell.
    The Black Cats tend to do that.

Fantastic Member

From What I remember her first appearance was in Spider-Men II and some thought it was Lana from the previews at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    From What I remember her first appearance was in Spider-Men II and some thought it was Lana from the previews at first.
    I'm trying to remember if she first appeared dating Miles in his solo while her first chronological appearance was Spider-Men II (but that was part of the problem with that series).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm trying to remember if she first appeared dating Miles in his solo while her first chronological appearance was Spider-Men II (but that was part of the problem with that series).
    Her first ever appearance was in Spider-Men II, That ending immediately led to her being inserted into the main book afterwards.

Issue #31 preview:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/08/ma...spider-man-31/

It was just a question Tiana, chill. lol
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 10-08-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    -Has multiple stable relationships w/ women.https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...kissed-724154/ <-Just look at this LMAO
    -Was happily married to a women
    -Never shown romantic interest in the opposite gender or doubt in his own s*xuality(Bobbi has shown several such doubts before it was revealed)
    -All fans want him w/ MJ and have a family

Quite literally the worst character you could make Bi LMFAO.

And most people reading comics are younger people, and we have older ones like Bobbi and Alan Scott.

I can say no to this because it's literally the worst decision at the worst time(just got back w/ MJ).

Miles works because:-

1)His entire thing is "be yourself".He's the inspiration to the next gen as well.
    2)He has no good romances of note.Peter has had several.
    3)He is a character at the perfect age range when one might discover these things and/or and fans of the character are(I don't think "Phastos" will be a coming out or discovery story).Most comic readers are young and Miles is targeting younger demographic.
    4)He's a POC, Peter isn't.It's harder to come out in POC and black communities, it adds an important layer.

You want Peter to come out for shock value and to make headlines, I want Miles to come out because it makes sense and inspires more people and the right audience at that on top an audience Peter can't reach in the way Miles can in this context.
    Lol, has it ever crossed your mind that Miles fans love him the way that he is in the very same manner you want Peter left as he is. There's plenty of space to create a character that is Bi without touching Miles. Him being black/ Puerto Rican and young is a mind-numbing reason to make him Bi. The only reason he hasn't had more steady relationships than peter is because....HE IS A CHILD! Young black people are making decisions about sexual identification to the same tune white people are...??? Prodigy was made into a bi person, Aqualad was made into a bi person. There's not some kind of mass population of fans screaming for this, so naw he's good. He just fine having g heterosexual relationships.

Fantastic Member

So this is gonna be one of those different mindsets to a relationship isn't it? Miles views calling and seeing each other regularly is perfectly normal because of his parents while Starling only grew up around toxic possessive relationships. Starling's view on relationships may not work for Miles with the I'll see you/call you when I do and may end up hurting him at the end of it, unintentionally.
    Last edited by Jaychance; 10-08-2021 at 01:40 PM.

I feel like Tiana is too aggressive and standoffish for Miles' tastes, at least in the long-term.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Tiana is too aggressive and standoffish for Miles' tastes, at least in the long-term.
    The red flag came up as soon as she didn't answer his question and went with "you aren't one of those possessive guys are you" instead of just saying how she is.