Page 72 of 151 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They were right actually, it's set in an alternate future. There's a big time skip between issues 1 and 2, that's why Peter has grey hair on that cover.
    I presume alternate realities to be different from alternate futures. An alternate future is something that generally is used as a warning of what is too come and where our characters could end up if a great evil is not stopped. Where as an alternate reality is a separate earth with its own distinct history and changes that could not take place in present continuity. So a time-skip in an alternate reality for me is not an alternate future.

I’m not trying to argue with you by the way, I’m just giving my mindset and where it’s at with all this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They were right actually, it's set in an alternate future. There's a big time skip between issues 1 and 2, that's why Peter has grey hair on that cover.
    It's a time skip in an alt. universe.
    I don't think this has anything to do with 616.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There would be no winning with Miles's Clone Saga, in my view. I mean, you can't really off his parents because "been there, done that" with his original Ultimate run (his mother) and then Insomniac Games' Spider-Man (his father), and you can't off the newborn baby sister because that would be way too horrific. Peter's Clone Saga did that, with Mary Jane's pregnancy ending in stillbirth, and that went almost completely unacknowledged over the 25 years since because Marvel thought it would make Spider-Man "too grim," not to mention Aunt May coming back from the dead because the "Aunt May" who died in Amazing 400 was a genetically altered actress employed by Norman Osborn, presumed dead at the time, to keep tabs on Peter. Same logic with Miles's Clone Saga --- aside from his name possibly being mud for a while as Spider-Man and having to get a costume change in upcoming issues, you can't really do much to him without severely upping the "grim" factor in his stories. Not to say that this did (not) live up to the hype of being the most disturbing and traumatizing story Miles had been through yet, but I'm honestly relieved Ahmed didn't go ahead and kill Billie, although if Shift ever stabilizes . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There would be no winning with Miles's Clone Saga, in my view. I mean, you can't really off his parents because "been there, done that" with his original Ultimate run (his mother) and then Insomniac Games' Spider-Man (his father), and you can't off the newborn baby sister because that would be way too horrific. Peter's Clone Saga did that, with Mary Jane's pregnancy ending in stillbirth, and that went almost completely unacknowledged over the 25 years since because Marvel thought it would make Spider-Man "too grim," not to mention Aunt May coming back from the dead because the "Aunt May" who died in Amazing 400 was a genetically altered actress employed by Norman Osborn, presumed dead at the time, to keep tabs on Peter. Same logic with Miles's Clone Saga --- aside from his name possibly being mud for a while as Spider-Man and having to get a costume change in upcoming issues, you can't really do much to him without severely upping the "grim" factor in his stories. Not to say that this did (not) live up to the hype of being the most disturbing and traumatizing story Miles had been through yet, but I'm honestly relieved Ahmed didn't go ahead and kill Billie, although if Shift ever stabilizes . . .
    I like Shift because he just wants to feel loved and make sweet graffiti art.

I'm glad none of them were killed, it's just for what the story amounted to and the bad press associated with the name it brings up the question of if this needed to even be a Clone Saga to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Shift is a good boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'm glad none of them were killed, it's just for what the story amounted to and the bad press associated with the name it brings up the question of if this needed to even be a Clone Saga to begin with.
    Fair enough.

Incredible Member

Im just glad they didn't go the most obvious route and make Selim the last clone standing just scamper off and go CURSE YOU SPIDER-MAN and ruin hisblife another day(which could still happen cause comic books) and its neat Shift sticking around for the next little while, would have been easy to just have him scamper off ir just melt into paste after saving the day. Would be cool for him to just become part of the supporting cast.

Now something i need to know, can shift bond to Miles and be a faux-symbiote? They got to try it at least once right? Also like the thought of Miles family growing, got a sister and now he's got a brother too, two if you want to count Pete lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Im just glad they didn't go the most obvious route and make Selim the last clone standing just scamper off and go CURSE YOU SPIDER-MAN and ruin hisblife another day(which could still happen cause comic books) and its neat Shift sticking around for the next little while, would have been easy to just have him scamper off ir just melt into paste after saving the day. Would be cool for him to just become part of the supporting cast.

Now something i need to know, can shift bond to Miles and be a faux-symbiote? They got to try it at least once right? Also like the thought of Miles family growing, got a sister and now he's got a brother too, two if you want to count Pete lol
    That would be an interesting idea.

Hmm...gotta be honest, plot developments just don't feel organic or natural enough to me.

Mighty Member

I knew Shift would take a heroic turn but I thought he would have died in the end so, I'm glad he survived for now.

I also like that his power is shape-shifting so if he stabilizes and he gains control of it he doesn't have to look like Miles.

On one hand, I like that the story wasn't dragged out on the other it may have been too short, that the tension building in the two previous issues ended too abruptly.

Hmmm, just saw the Dark Ages symbiote combo costume for Miles. Can't said its not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmm, just saw the Dark Ages symbiote combo costume for Miles. Can't said its not cool.
    Miles is pulling off some serious, Spawn vibes, and I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I wonder if that was meant to be a reference to Into the Spider-Verse Miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I knew Shift would take a heroic turn but I thought he would have died in the end so, I'm glad he survived for now.

I also like that his power is shape-shifting so if he stabilizes and he gains control of it he doesn't have to look like Miles.

On one hand, I like that the story wasn't dragged out on the other it may have been too short, that the tension building in the two previous issues ended too abruptly.
    If they manage to stabilize Shift and he manages to control his powers to keep a full human form when not using them, I wonder if they’ll take a page out of Spider-Girl’s book and introduce him to others as Miles’ cousin like the Parkers did with April.

So, pretend he's Aaron's son?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It'd make for a solid cover story.