Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I have a theory that the bullied kid Miles met, Kenneth Kingston, will opt to make some altercations to Miles costume since their into fashion design. A good reason for this could be Miles' Clone Saga story this April, since he would probably want some way for others to distinguish him as the genuine one from his clones... or at least from the clones that look the most human. No reason this can't include some kind of hooded look. Just got to make sure it's distinct from Ghost-Spider's.
    ...And Scarlet Spider.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I have a theory that the bullied kid Miles met, Kenneth Kingston, will opt to make some altercations to Miles costume since their into fashion design. A good reason for this could be Miles' Clone Saga story this April, since he would probably want some way for others to distinguish him as the genuine one from his clones... or at least from the clones that look the most human. No reason this can't include some kind of hooded look. Just got to make sure it's distinct from Ghost-Spider's.
    Had that feeling too, not sure if it'd be a replication of the Spider-Verse suit complete with casual wear, but some kind of new suit Miles would where for a some long or short amount of time.

As for my two cents on the look making the jump from the movie to the comics, i actually think the look would lose alot of its luster if it was just his regular look, its a cool alternate costume whenever it shows up but it becomes alot less cool when thats just how it looks now, not to mention people neglect the fact not even Spider-Verse Miles keeps the look, he has it for the leap of faith scene then sheds the literal extra baggage before jumping into action(baggage being a practical reason why he doesn't wear it)

However a fun nod would be for a single fight Miles has his costume under hia civillian clothes that just happen to be his look from the film, action pops off but Miles doesn't have enough time to completely strip down to his suit before things get too dire so he makes due with just throwing his mask on and voila, you have the Spider-Verse look under a semireasonable context for a fun action scene.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If Miles suit was to get a redsign/tweak I could see them doing a fusion of his classic look and the 2099 suit

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Had that feeling too, not sure if it'd be a replication of the Spider-Verse suit complete with casual wear, but some kind of new suit Miles would where for a some long or short amount of time.

As for my two cents on the look making the jump from the movie to the comics, i actually think the look would lose alot of its luster if it was just his regular look, its a cool alternate costume whenever it shows up but it becomes alot less cool when thats just how it looks now, not to mention people neglect the fact not even Spider-Verse Miles keeps the look, he has it for the leap of faith scene then sheds the literal extra baggage before jumping into action(baggage being a practical reason why he doesn't wear it)

However a fun nod would be for a single fight Miles has his costume under hia civillian clothes that just happen to be his look from the film, action pops off but Miles doesn't have enough time to completely strip down to his suit before things get too dire so he makes due with just throwing his mask on and voila, you have the Spider-Verse look under a semireasonable context for a fun action scene.
    This pretty much covers my thoughts on the matter, dropping the civilian clothes was part of his character growth. Changing to that look doesn't really make much sense. Plus if I'm being honest I'm just not the biggest fan of heroes running around in what's essentially just street clothes, it works for some but it's a fairly small pool imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This pretty much covers my thoughts on the matter, dropping the civilian clothes was part of his character growth. Changing to that look doesn't really make much sense. Plus if I'm being honest I'm just not the biggest fan of heroes running around in what's essentially just street clothes, it works for some but it's a fairly small pool imo.
    Agreed, let Static Shock keep that whole look on lock. Comic Miles costume is just fine, well maybe tweaks it to keep just the hood. Similar to the previous poster's.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, let Static Shock keep that whole look on lock. Comic Miles costume is just fine, well maybe tweaks it to keep just the hood. Similar to the previous poster's.
    One thing I will say was I was fan of Jessica Drews ANAD costume. I know a lot of people have preference and nostalgia for the OG Spandex, but I felt like that costume was the perfect balance of passing as a costume and civvies look.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    One thing I will say was I was fan of Jessica Drews ANAD costume. I know a lot of people have preference and nostalgia for the OG Spandex, but I felt like that costume was the perfect balance of passing as a costume and civvies look.
    I usually hate Superheroes that could pass for cosplayers or street clothes, personally .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Why would it be?

And for the record, my lost would be something like
    1. Aaron Davis
    2. Donald Roxxon
    3. The Assessor
    4. Ultimate!Venom II
    5. Ultimatum
    6. Ultimate!Scorpion
    7. Frost Pharaoh
    8. Snatcher
    9. Human Fly Twins
    10. Asset Quantum

With an honorable mention to the Tinkerer from the Insomniac game.
    No Lori Bombshell? Or Tomoe?

Techno Golem is primarily an Iron Man rogue. Fought Tony and Rhodey, then Riri and Pepper, and then Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Techno Golem is primarily an Iron Man rogue. Fought Tony and Rhodey, then Riri and Pepper, and then Miles.
    True, just remember there are heroes who do share villain's in their rogues gallery. The most well known of which is probably Kingpin for both Daredevil and Spider-Man. If Techno Golem ever appears in Miles' comics again I think it'll be alright to add her to his rogues gallery since she's no longer a "one off' villain for him.

P.S.

Yet another exclusive cover for issue #23 announced... with a video no less.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 02-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.

That's makes about four variants now, I wonder if that's just a coincidence or if we'll be getting extra all this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That's makes about four variants now, I wonder if that's just a coincidence or if we'll be getting extra all this year?
    Maybe so since this year is Miles’ 10th anniversary since he debuted back in 2011.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Why would it be?

And for the record, my lost would be something like
    1. Aaron Davis
    2. Donald Roxxon
    3. The Assessor
    4. Ultimate!Venom II
    5. Ultimatum
    6. Ultimate!Scorpion
    7. Frost Pharaoh
    8. Snatcher
    9. Human Fly Twins
    10. Asset Quantum

With an honorable mention to the Tinkerer from the Insomniac game.
    I would add Starling to the list. Some would argue that she isn't really a villain and just acts like one, but I think you can make that same argument about Black Cat.

Also, does Aaron Davis still count as a Miles villain? Isn't he more of a supporting character?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I would add Starling to the list. Some would argue that she isn't really a villain and just acts like one, but I think you can make that same argument about Black Cat.

Also, does Aaron Davis still count as a Miles villain? Isn't he more of a supporting character?
    That's why I wasn't sure whether he counted, but I guess the fact that he serves both roles is part of the characters appeal.

Starling attacked Spider-Man for no reason just because she thought she was defending her grandfather. That's probably the most criminal thing she's done in her career.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

I wouldn't even say she acts like a villian, she just has an attitude, she had a small scuffle with Miles(going after a villian herself in fact) and has been on the hero path ever since.