Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 480
  1. #256
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I feel that way from time to time as well, and now that I think about it the Nighthawk and Miles combination doesn't make nearly as much sense as the other two. Dr Spectrum is the Green Lantern of the team and a lot of people consider the Novas the GLs of Marvel; Power Princess is the Wonder Woman of the team aka the premier female character and that's what Marvel pushes Captain Marvel as; from a meta standpoint those are very strong connections. What connection is there for Miles and Nighthawk other than both of them being black? The best I can come up with is Batman and Spider-Man are both the most popular solo characters of their respective companies, but that's not nearly as fitting a connection as the other two. Not to mention while the costume isn't bad we could have gotten something like this amalgam costume design that's a callback to the original Amalgam comics.
    Ben Reilly as Spider-Man was merged with Superboy (Conner Kent) in Amalgam. (Both were clones). If you ask me, Spider-Man/Peter Parker could have been merged with Blue Beetle (Ted Kord); then Miles Morales could have been combined with Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes). Blue Beetle's armor could be combined with the Iron Spider's armor.

  2. #257
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Ben Reilly as Spider-Man was merged with Superboy (Conner Kent) in Amalgam. (Both were clones). If you ask me, Spider-Man/Peter Parker could have been merged with Blue Beetle (Ted Kord); then Miles Morales could have been combined with Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes). Blue Beetle's armor could be combined with the Iron Spider's armor.
    That's a really good idea and it reminds me of this art I saw last year


  3. #258
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That's a really good idea and it reminds me of this art I saw last year

    Whoah!! It's a small world after all. This is surprisingly close to what I had in mind. You know who could have been combined with Blue Beetle (Dan Garret)? Ezekiel Sims, the old man with spider powers.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 02-07-2021 at 04:22 PM.

  4. #259
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That's a really good idea and it reminds me of this art I saw last year

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Whoah!! It's a small world after all. This is surprisingly close to what I had in mind. You know who could have been combined with Blue Beetle (Dan Garret)? Ezekiel Sims, the old man with spider powers.
    Those are very cool designs there, and I also like the idea of Ezekiel Sims as a Spider counterpart to Dan Garrett, the original Blue Beetle.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #260
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Ben Reilly as Spider-Man was merged with Superboy (Conner Kent) in Amalgam. (Both were clones). If you ask me, Spider-Man/Peter Parker could have been merged with Blue Beetle (Ted Kord); then Miles Morales could have been combined with Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes). Blue Beetle's armor could be combined with the Iron Spider's armor.
    A while back Professor Thorgi pitched a modern Amalgam comic and when it came to the Spider characters he actually pitched merging the Spider-characters with the Flash Family since he viewed the Spider-totem stuff as hitting a similar type of theming as the Speed Force.

    So he went with Peter/Barry and Miles/Wally(ace).
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  6. #261
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    A while back Professor Thorgi pitched a modern Amalgam comic and when it came to the Spider characters he actually pitched merging the Spider-characters with the Flash Family since he viewed the Spider-totem stuff as hitting a similar type of theming as the Speed Force.

    So he went with Peter/Barry and Miles/Wally(ace).
    I considered that idea too, but then I checked at there are quite enough Marvel Speeders to combine with Flash's family. Besides, why would the Spide-Totems and the Speed Force being combined? I mean, Electro's "web" would have been closer to what it could match the Flash's Family.

  7. #262
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    A while back Professor Thorgi pitched a modern Amalgam comic and when it came to the Spider characters he actually pitched merging the Spider-characters with the Flash Family since he viewed the Spider-totem stuff as hitting a similar type of theming as the Speed Force.

    So he went with Peter/Barry and Miles/Wally(ace).
    I feel like the Insomnaic games kind of lean into this a lot (minus the Spider-Totem/Speed Force comparison).

  8. #263
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I considered that idea too, but then I checked at there are quite enough Marvel Speeders to combine with Flash's family. Besides, why would the Spide-Totems and the Speed Force being combined? I mean, Electro's "web" would have been closer to what it could match the Flash's Family.
    And since the Flash's speed does technically come from a lightning strike in the cases of Barry Allen and Wally West, Electro should be able to channel the electricity he generates and emits into boosting his own speed and reflexes to at least the same levels as a Marvel speedster (though if recent events and feats with Marvel speedsters are kept in mind, they're getting slightly closer to DC's speedsters in scale). On another note, to relate that back to Miles, if his "venom" is really excess bioelectricity channeled into offensive strikes, maybe he could do something similar and channel it back into his own nervous system to (further) accelerate his reflexes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #264
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And since the Flash's speed does technically come from a lightning strike in the cases of Barry Allen and Wally West, Electro should be able to channel the electricity he generates and emits into boosting his own speed and reflexes to at least the same levels as a Marvel speedster (though if recent events and feats with Marvel speedsters are kept in mind, they're getting slightly closer to DC's speedsters in scale). On another note, to relate that back to Miles, if his "venom" is really excess bioelectricity channeled into offensive strikes, maybe he could do something similar and channel it back into his own nervous system to (further) accelerate his reflexes.
    Maybe, but either way, it matchs better to combine Miles with Jaime Reyes. I checked and they have same families (parents, little sister and grandma), similar friends (a fat boy and a tomboy girl), and similar latino roots.

  10. #265
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Maybe, but either way, it matchs better to combine Miles with Jaime Reyes. I checked and they have same families (parents, little sister and grandma), similar friends (a fat boy and a tomboy girl), and similar latino roots.
    Hmm, yeah. Speaking of, does anyone think Miles's grandma/Rio's mom will ever reappear, particularly given what's going on with Rio and Jefferson having a second child and what's about to happen with Miles's own Clone Saga?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #266
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, yeah. Speaking of, does anyone think Miles's grandma/Rio's mom will ever reappear, particularly given what's going on with Rio and Jefferson having a second child and what's about to happen with Miles's own Clone Saga?
    Probably. She will want to help with the new baby. I have to say, it was quite indignant that Grandma though Miles was on drugs, meaning he knows very little about her own grandson.

    There's something off here, however. I mean, Miles is about to enter into his own Clone Saga, but at the same time we are entering the Heroes Reborn's stuff. Don't you think this is going to turn quite confusing?

  12. #267
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Probably. She will want to help with the new baby. I have to say, it was quite indignant that Grandma though Miles was on drugs, meaning he knows very little about her own grandson.

    There's something off here, however. I mean, Miles is about to enter into his own Clone Saga, but at the same time we are entering the Heroes Reborn's stuff. Don't you think this is going to turn quite confusing?
    As far as we now the only involvement Miles will have is the oneshot and none of it is effecting the main book.

  13. #268
    Mighty Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Probably. She will want to help with the new baby. I have to say, it was quite indignant that Grandma though Miles was on drugs, meaning he knows very little about her own grandson.

    There's something off here, however. I mean, Miles is about to enter into his own Clone Saga, but at the same time we are entering the Heroes Reborn's stuff. Don't you think this is going to turn quite confusing?
    Depends on if readers keep certain things in mind.

    1. This is not a line-wide event but instead takes premise of a Marvel's "What If...?" book and turns it into a mini event focused on the main Avengers book with a ripple effect.

    2. The Young Squadron and other tie-in books coming out are mostly one-shot tie ins that also serve as What If...? stories within this Heroes Reborn world.

    3. As long as a Marvel book is not tied to the main Avengers title in some way, then even if they get a Heroes Reborn One-shot or mini series, their main books will remain untouched and their stories continue as scheduled.

    The solicitations that will come out later this month will also help clear things up. I believe the way this works is how X-Men can have huge events like X of Swords with very little consequences rippling out for the Marvel Universe as a whole unless the writers make some direct ties, like what happened with Storm and Wakanda in that event.

    And take into mind that what happens in Heroes Reborn, doesn't necessarily have to happen at the exact same time as Miles' Clone Saga event in-universe. The way time passes in Marvel is already pretty weird but the general rule I think is stable is that you shouldn't assume all stories in different books are happening at once unless specified by the editors and writers.

    Also, I would like to see Miles' grandma return. She can become the foil that Principle Dutcher was at the beginning where he was constantly paranoid that Miles was up to no good due to his Spider-Man heroics. Would make for some great family drama and humor. Especially since I think Gloria Morales would be the last person Miles, or his parents would tell his secret to despite being family.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 02-07-2021 at 08:04 PM.

  14. #269
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    As far as we now the only involvement Miles will have is the oneshot and none of it is effecting the main book.
    I'm not sure about that. Blade is the only one who remembers the old world. Quite surely, he will try to contact the members of the Avengers and make them remember the way he does. We will then have a gathering of all characters fighting between those who wants to restore the old world and those who wants to keep it as it is now. (Similar to what happened in "House of M"). And pretty sure that will include Miles and the other members of the "Young Squadron".

  15. #270
    Mighty Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    The May solicitations later this month will tell us for sure how their treating the Heroes Reborn event and if it will affect main books not related to the Avengers. But seeing that, Miles’ Clone Saga story begins the month before the Young Squadron one-shot, I highly doubt they would interrupt his main book right after the start of a major status quo changing arc. But again, we’ll know for sure with the May solicitations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •