Page 52 of 151 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Yeah, Peter's only stronger because he's older and more experienced. Miles's additional abilities make up for it though. As for the web shooters, they ought to be identical, as Peter provided them originally.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Peter's only stronger because he's older and more experienced. Miles's additional abilities make up for it though. As for the web shooters, they ought to be identical, as Peter provided them originally.
    I like Miles' power set more, tbh. I didn't think their web shooters were different either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't he faster and stronger because he's been around longer?
    That is just one of the factors.The others are:-
    1)Miles has 1610 versions of powers which are similar to 1610 peter power levels.616 Peter is physically superior to his 1610 counterpart even at the same age.
    2)Peter holds back a lot.Like a lot a lot.Almost all of his showings are lower than his actual power level.Miles has not yet shown anything like this.
    3)Peter is the closest woven to the web of life and destiny.He has been called it's champion and most importantly not only it's lynchpin but Peter defines the terms of hero and villain for the web.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That is just one of the factors.The others are:-
    1)Miles has 1610 versions of powers which are similar to 1610 peter power levels.616 Peter is physically superior to his 1610 counterpart even at the same age.
    2)Peter holds back a lot.Like a lot a lot.Almost all of his showings are lower than his actual power level.Miles has not yet shown anything like this.
    3)Peter is the closest woven to the web of life and destiny.He has been called it's champion and most importantly not only it's lynchpin but Peter defines the terms of hero and villain for the web.
    1) ok. I didn't know that

2) Why exactly does he hold back? Why's he written like that?

3) I don't remember where that came from

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not really.It's a matter of opinion but Peter can hold his own against the (relative)higher ups in the MU.His Spider-sense is miles better than Miles in part due to experience but mostly because his connection with the web of life and destiny is the strongest.

The web shooters are not identical.He has the 1610 version which Iron man gave an upgrade to in ASM.He can't even make a parachute with them(in a team-up with venom he states that himself).

Spider-man has upgraded his web shooters a lot.He has upgraded his web formula as well.His shooters can project the spider-signal and every single newsfeed from the web(check Spider-man:Master plan).He can make multiple weapons and structures and even statues from his.He can use web strands to manipulate light as well(to see different wavelengths).Using webs in creative ways requires a lot of complex calculation which miles is just not capable of.Spider-sense allows for basic web swinging but the advanced stuff requires genius level intellect(Peter has himself stated this many times, one case being when he caught tony from falling)
    The best part is his utility belt.He carries acid, magnetic and sonic webbings on him(this is part of his standard outfit along with a in-built gas mask but is ignored).His special outfits have no need to be explained but would not count in this scenario.Also Spider-tracers.

Cable himself has said that Spider-man is the best hero there ever was so the idea that Miles surpasses him in the future is not just not true.This has been confirmed after secret wars in 2099 omega by an old Miguel as well.

Ultimate Member

That may only be true in one future. It's possible Miles could surpass Peter in other futures

There were a lot of quantifiers for Miles' powers when he first started out, which his other abilities were there to make up for, although I don't know if that's still true after the universe hop.

Extraordinary Member

1) ok. I didn't know that

2) Why exactly does he hold back? Why's he written like that?

3) I don't remember where that came from
    1)Np

2)He is scared of hurting people.He rolls with the punches of humans so that they don't break their wrist.In the panel where he lifts the subway car he says and I quote- "I'm SICK of holding back-only using a FRACTION of my strength 'cause I'm one of the GOOD GUYS".
    It's never stated exactly why he does this but I think it has something to do with accidentally killing Charlie in Berlin.(Spider-man vs wolverine)

3)Madame web(Julia) says the Linchpin stuff in Road to Spider-Island:Emergence of Evil-Jackal and Hobgoblin.
    The champion line was in Sins of Norman Osborn tie in to current ASM.
    Spider-man's decisions affect the Web other times as well.Like in the Grim Hunt story arc.Most of the times the web is in danger Spidey is at the centre of it.
    There have been other instances where the first Madame Web has said similar stuff.
    Also Spider-man is a true hero and worthy of wielding a lemurian tablet of life and destiny(Giant Size ASM: King's ransom)

Sorry for the late reply.Took me some time to find the particular issues and the quote.

Just adding this.1610 peter after coming back wrecked miles so their age difference isn't all their is to their difference in physical stats.The above stuff is more than enough for this but this helps in relative scaling .
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-13-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

That may only be true in one future. It's possible Miles could surpass Peter in other futures
    I gave you 2 futures for Peter, along with many other qualification listed in my post above.There are none for Miles.
    Of course anything is possible but we can only evaluate based on the current information we have.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were a lot of quantifiers for Miles' powers when he first started out, which his other abilities were there to make up for, although I don't know if that's still true after the universe hop.
    Based on showings in his current run his venom strike has been brought down a few notches.Although he did have Bendis force so I don't know which one is the extreme.
    His physical showings are consistent with the ones he had in 1610.

Based on showings in his current run his venom strike has been brought down a few notches.Although he did have Bendis force so I don't know which one is the extreme.
    His physical showings are consistent with the ones he had in 1610.
    The Venom Blast has always been a little too overpowered, so it was probably time to scale back.

I think it's hard to gauge his base strength at this point but I'd say he's about as strong as, say, Ultimate Peter at that age.
    Just adding this.1610 peter after coming back wrecked miles so their age difference isn't all their is to their difference in physical stats.The above stuff is more than enough for this but this helps in relative scaling .
    ...He did?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Venom Blast has always been a little too overpowered, so it was probably time to scale back.

I think it's hard to gauge his base strength at this point but I'd say he's about as strong as, say, Ultimate Peter at that age.

...He did?
    Agreed.It was a well accepted change.It's not weak atm by a long shot, just not as op.

I agree.Also miles has had proper training to a degree(not sure about this).Along with the 2 other powers he should definitely be on par with Ultimate Peter.

Yup.It's when he came to grab his web-shooters.He one shotted him*****ny thing is this happened after Miles zapped Pete.
    Even in Spider-men peter recovers fairly quickly from his stings and a beaten up Peter tanks a mega venom blast at point blank range and gets back up and is good enough to speak clearly.
    All this while Miles had a major case of the Bendis force and in the Spider-men encounter Peter was shaking and feeling fluish from interdimensional travel.

Also Peter was caught of guard since Miles doesn't trigger his Spider-sense so when he jumped of a building to check on him he couldn't have seen it coming because he was invisible.Also clearly holding back while feeling sick.He didn't want to hurt him.Only reason miles won is suprise and an seriously unhealthy dose of Bendis force and topped with an inappropriate amount of PIS.

He also held his own much better than Miles against Goblin IIRC.
    He had only been Spider-man for a year before dying in canon and Miles had Spider-powers for quite some time so age is clearly not the only factor here.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-13-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Ultimate Member

1)Np

2)He is scared of hurting people.He rolls with the punches of humans so that they don't break their wrist.In the panel where he lifts the subway car he says and I quote- "I'm SICK of holding back-only using a FRACTION of my strength 'cause I'm one of the GOOD GUYS".
    It's never stated exactly why he does this but I think it has something to do with accidentally killing Charlie in Berlin.(Spider-man vs wolverine)

3)Madame web(Julia) says the Linchpin stuff in Road to Spider-Island:Emergence of Evil-Jackal and Hobgoblin.
    The champion line was in Sins of Norman Osborn tie in to current ASM.
    Spider-man's decisions affect the Web other times as well.Like in the Grim Hunt story arc.Most of the times the web is in danger Spidey is at the centre of it.
    There have been other instances where the first Madame Web has said similar stuff.
    Also Spider-man is a true hero and worthy of wielding a lemurian tablet of life and destiny(Giant Size ASM: King's ransom)

Sorry for the late reply.Took me some time to find the particular issues and the quote.

It's ok. I don't mind waiting.

2) Ok that makes sense

3) Ok I didn't remember that one.

I gave you 2 futures for Peter, along with many other qualification listed in my post above.There are none for Miles.
    Of course anything is possible but we can only evaluate based on the current information we have.
    I think Miles hasn't been around long enough to see what his potential is.

Extraordinary Member

It's ok. I don't mind waiting.

2) Ok that makes sense

3) Ok I didn't remember that one.

I think Miles hasn't been around long enough to see what his potential is.
    3)I can't post scans but you can check out the issues online.

Of course.We haven't even seen Peter's full potential yet so Miles is a given.That's why I said with the current information.
    As of right now Peter is definitely "Superior" but you never know when things will change.

Also forgot to mention TOAA to the list.Along with the like of Doc Strange, his dead dog, Daredevil, etc.
    Ultimate cap for 1610 Peter as well.

All this stuff aside I feel like peter got an amazing decade of comics in the start:-
    1)The first teenage solo superhero(not a sidekick)
    2)One of if not the best origins
    3)An amazing supporting cast
    4)Fantastic villains
    5)The best solo hero at marvel(the other great ones were part of teams)
    6)Secret identity meant so much and created a great dynamic with said amazing cast
    7)Actually got permanent character deaths(aside from origin) with Capt. Stacy,Gwen,Jean Dewolfe.
    etc. which mordern characters rarely get.

Ultimate Member

3)I can't post scans but you can check out the issues online.

Of course.We haven't even seen Peter's full potential yet so Miles is a given.That's why I said with the current information.
    As of right now Peter is definitely "Superior" but you never know when things will change.

Also forgot to mention TOAA to the list.Along with the like of Doc Strange, his dead dog, Daredevil, etc.
    Ultimate cap for 1610 Peter as well.

All this stuff aside I feel like peter got an amazing decade of comics in the start:-
    1)The first teenage solo superhero(not a sidekick)
    2)One of if not the best origins
    3)An amazing supporting cast
    4)Fantastic villains
    5)The best solo hero at marvel(the other great ones were part of teams)
    6)Secret identity meant so much and created a great dynamic with said amazing cast
    7)Actually got permanent character deaths(aside from origin) with Capt. Stacy,Gwen,Jean Dewolfe.
    etc. which mordern characters rarely get.
    It would be nice if other heroes got some of that. Although I don't think that means they're lesser.

As for Spidey, I feel like his progression has somewhat slowed in recent years.