Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1214
  1. #751
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how Selim mastered understanding "Gluuurp."

    I'm curious to find out exactly what Assessor is.

    That variant cover and Carolyn Trainer, even with her redesign, has still not fought Miles .
    Technically, his name is Shift, but yeah. I like the description of Assessor, though, something to the effect of "exploitation turned into a sentient algorithm."

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Selim's brothers should not trust him, why kill scientists who could help cure you, the smartest thing to do would be to keep them captative.
    Hmm, yeah, that's a point there. I mean, what is the endgame, if they just want to live?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #752
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how Selim mastered understanding "Gluuurp."

    I'm curious to find out exactly what Assessor is.

    That variant cover and Carolyn Trainer, even with her redesign, has still not fought Miles .
    Yeah, the way he's described sounds like something created by a higher being. Like something above human or even alien creation, but it's be weird for something like that to create a program.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 06-10-2021 at 05:32 PM.

  3. #753
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah. they way he's described sounds like something created by a higher being. Like something above human or even alien creation, but it's be weird for something like that to create a program.
    Maybe that's how gods (or godlike entities) deign to create earthly avatars these days . . . through computer programs/algorithms.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #754
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah, the way he's described sounds like something created by a higher being. Like something above human or even alien creation, but it's be weird for something like that to create a program.
    Iron Man identified him as an AI, like Ultron, but we have no idea who might have created it.

  5. #755
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe that's how gods (or godlike entities) deign to create earthly avatars these days . . . through computer programs/algorithms.
    I guess they have better retention rates compared to typical henchmen and thralls, since even in the Iron Man annual the one Tony manages to capture gets replaced immediately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Iron Man identified him as an AI, like Ultron, but we have no idea who might have created it.
    That's what I mean, Selim described Assessor as "part of something beyond your understanding" which I would assume means that the Assessor's creator is some form of higher being. Not like a person or even an alien, since in most cases that's not really an accurate description for either of those, and typically higher beings don't make AI. Now that I think about it I can't really think of a reason why a higher being would have an interest in cloning Miles to begin with.

  6. #756
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That's what I mean, Selim described Assessor as "part of something beyond your understanding" which I would assume means that the Assessor's creator is some form of higher being. Not like a person or even an alien, since in most cases that's not really an accurate description for either of those, and typically higher beings don't make AI. Now that I think about it I can't really think of a reason why a higher being would have an interest in cloning Miles to begin with.
    Even in comics, I don't believe in "higher beings". Pretty sure it would be another mad scientist with "divine delusions".

    Also, it doesn't seems he was just interested in Miles. When Iron Man attacked him, he was studying him too. Maybe it's programming makes him analyse all members of the "superhuman community" or something.

  7. #757
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I guess they have better retention rates compared to typical henchmen and thralls, since even in the Iron Man annual the one Tony manages to capture gets replaced immediately.



    That's what I mean, Selim described Assessor as "part of something beyond your understanding" which I would assume means that the Assessor's creator is some form of higher being. Not like a person or even an alien, since in most cases that's not really an accurate description for either of those, and typically higher beings don't make AI. Now that I think about it I can't really think of a reason why a higher being would have an interest in cloning Miles to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Even in comics, I don't believe in "higher beings". Pretty sure it would be another mad scientist with "divine delusions".

    Also, it doesn't seems he was just interested in Miles. When Iron Man attacked him, he was studying him too. Maybe it's programming makes him analyse all members of the "superhuman community" or something.
    Could be a "sufficiently advanced alien," insofar as Arthur C. Clarke's principle that any "sufficiently advanced" technology is effectively indistinguishable from outright magic and any "sufficiently advanced" being is effectively indistinguishable from a magical (demonic or divine/angelic) entity.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #758
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could be a "sufficiently advanced alien," insofar as Arthur C. Clarke's principle that any "sufficiently advanced" technology is effectively indistinguishable from outright magic and any "sufficiently advanced" being is effectively indistinguishable from a magical (demonic or divine/angelic) entity.
    I can see that, it'd be pretty cool to see a new big time super science type running around intimidating people with the crazy thing their tech is capable of.

  9. #759
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how Selim mastered understanding "Gluuurp."

    I'm curious to find out exactly what Assessor is.

    That variant cover and Carolyn Trainer, even with her redesign, has still not fought Miles .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Iron Man identified him as an AI, like Ultron, but we have no idea who might have created it.
    Yeah, Frontier, did you not read the Iron Man Annual?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #760
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    69,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Frontier, did you not read the Iron Man Annual?
    I have not had a chance .

  11. #761
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    364

    Default

    I really appreciated how often Tony thought about Miles and what he had to go through throughout the story. Would have been super easy just to have Miles set up the premise and now its a Iron Man story.

  12. #762
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I really appreciated how often Tony thought about Miles and what he had to go through throughout the story. Would have been super easy just to have Miles set up the premise and now its a Iron Man story.
    It was a nice touch.Still would have made more sense for this to be peter and not tony but oh well.

    Also do we know who is it person trapped in the space stone.And I find it very interesting that space stone is miles's story and that he is from another universe.

  13. #763
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,045

    Default

    Think about it, it needed to not be Peter, because his powers are just a less versatile version of Miles' (Peter doesn't have invisibility and the venom blast and otherwise has the same powers as Miles) and therefore would probably not interest The Assessor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #764
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Think about it, it needed to not be Peter, because his powers are just a less versatile version of Miles' (Peter doesn't have invisibility and the venom blast and otherwise has the same powers as Miles) and therefore would probably not interest The Assessor.
    Except peter is stronger, faster, more agile and has better web shooters.Also seeing how powers vary with age in Spider-people would be just as valid a reason as checking out the suit.Not to mention miles has the 1610 version(possible OZ and everything else nerfed) compared to the 616.So many things like the other, etc. also happened to peter.
    It could have been Peter very easily if they wanted to.
    Also Tony showed up to the place,IIRC the Assessor didn't plan for that.So it could have been any character from that aspect.

  15. #765
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Except peter is stronger, faster, more agile and has better web shooters.Also seeing how powers vary with age in Spider-people would be just as valid a reason as checking out the suit.Not to mention miles has the 1610 version(possible OZ and everything else nerfed) compared to the 616.So many things like the other, etc. also happened to peter.
    It could have been Peter very easily if they wanted to.
    Also Tony showed up to the place,IIRC the Assessor didn't plan for that.So it could have been any character from that aspect.
    Isn't he faster and stronger because he's been around longer?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •