Page 53 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It would be nice if other heroes got some of that. Although I don't think that means they're lesser.

As for Spidey, I feel like his progression has somewhat slowed in recent years.
    I agree.But having a strong base is a huge advantage.Even his later storylines like Venom, Kraven's last hunt upto like Black in back were amazing.

It's not just Spidey though, most characters are stagnant right now.From the likes of Captain America to Black panther.Both had solo runs finished very recently but no real character progression in a meaningful way that will show 10 years from now.Hell even Miles hasn't had progression even though he was just tortured we don't see as much of a affect on him as we should imo.

If anything Spencer has done a lot of progression and made Peter acknowledge his flaws(terrible writing in BND and slott) and overcome them.Hell it's only beaten by Immortal Hulk and maybe Hellions in the X-line in the character progression department.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree.But having a strong base is a huge advantage.Even his later storylines like Venom, Kraven's last hunt upto like Black in back were amazing.

It's not just Spidey though, most characters are stagnant right now.From the likes of Captain America to Black panther.Both had solo runs finished very recently but no real character progression in a meaningful way that will show 10 years from now.Hell even Miles hasn't had progression even though he was just tortured we don't see as much of a affect on him as we should imo.

If anything Spencer has done a lot of progression and made Peter acknowledge his flaws(terrible writing in BND and slott) and overcome them.Hell it's only beaten by Immortal Hulk and maybe Hellions in the X-line in the character progression department.
    I haven't caught up to the most recent Peter Parker comics. But it's nice to hear he's actual movie forward. Hopefully Miles and the rest get that at some point.

All this stuff aside I feel like peter got an amazing decade of comics in the start:-
    1)The first teenage solo superhero(not a sidekick)
    Captain America's birthday is canonically 4 July 1922, so he was a teenage solo hero when he debuted too - over 20 years before Peter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Captain America's birthday is canonically 4 July 1922, so he was a teenage solo hero when he debuted too - over 20 years before Peter.
    I mean you do realize you are just nitpicking and not very good at that.

Cap never dealt with the high school or teenage stuff in general that comes with being a teen hero.

Also all other points are still valid as well.

Extraordinary Member

Also wanted to add that Spider-UK himself said that Peter was the best of them.
    He(Spider-UK) has ties with saturyne and can see into other realities.
    Just a point I missed in the previous posts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, is that true? Then that means Captain America will make 100 years next year, right? Don't you think Marvel should make one kind of celebration about it?

Also wanted to add that Spider-UK himself said that Peter was the best of them.
    He(Spider-UK) has ties with saturyne and can see into other realities.
    Just a point I missed in the previous posts.
    I mean he is the original and most successful of them all. Of course he is the best of them. But that doesnt mean he is everyone favorite version and that shouldnt be an issue if he is. I mean look at how many Flashes there are not everyone like Barry and he is the best one.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean he is the original and most successful of them all. Of course he is the best of them. But that doesnt mean he is everyone favorite version and that shouldnt be an issue if he is. I mean look at how many Flashes there are not everyone like Barry and he is the best one.
    Don't bring that up in a Wally thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't bring that up in a Wally thread...
    Well it’s a good thing that that I don’t even discuss Flash comics. Stop reading after williamson run ended and decided to stop with Dc besides Batman stuff. Heard some weird things going on in flash so will stay away for now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I only bring this up in regards to a discussion on the last (2) pages.
    We were talking about who is in canon the best and I listed examples as to why it's Peter.I missed this one.Someone said that in the future Miles will be the best and I was just pointing out as to why with current info that's just never going to happen.
    We have way to many instances to prove this.

Of course.Different strokes for different folks.I don't agree with the Wally analogy because in my limited knowledge of the Flash he has a better connection with the speed force so in canon has a good chance to have higher importance.Barry is more popular due to being the og and character.Peter in regards has both the og and character factor and is in canon more relevant.

I didn't mean to say Miles is bad.I'm sorry if it came of as that.

Ultimate Member

Is Miles now Ice-spider?

Incredible Member

Invisi-Miles. Neat.

Extraordinary Member

Read the issue.Good enough.

I do feel like these clones are very meh.Selim might be the exception.
    I miss the dread of the og clone saga.Kaine and Spidercide were terrifying IIRC.
    Mindspinner was the only terrifing one and was taken out fairly easily.The fight was tough but short.
    Also great job by Selim "trained his entire life for combat" Morales to leave the guy who wants to believe Miles on guard duty.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Read the issue.Good enough.

I do feel like these clones are very meh.Selim might be the exception.
    I miss the dread of the og clone saga.Kaine and Spidercide were terrifying IIRC.
    Mindspinner was the only terrifing one and was taken out fairly easily.The fight was tough but short.
    Also great job by Selim "trained his entire life for combat" Morales to leave the guy who wants to believe Miles on guard duty.
    spoilers:
    Considering Selim has Billie in his clutches at the end of this issue . . . I am seriously hoping it doesn't end the way I think it will.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.