Page 134 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2259
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post

I would say neither. But are all What-IF comics just offshoots of 616?
    Ha! Got it. Non canon warped editor approved fanfic.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

This feels random af, like fanfic random.Hopefully the team can pull through

Maybe an experiment to see how Miles works outside of Spider-man's shadow?
    Always did say he needs a Nightwing type arc, so if this helps w/ that all for it

Also Cap, Wolvie, Thor and Hulk? Let Black Panther be one, and Iron Fist could be cool.Moon Knight as well

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thinking of a Miles "What If" I feel like the most natural one would be What If Miles joined up with Aaron when he first started using him to take over the New York underworld instead of fighting back, maybe becoming Prowler 3.
    Agreed
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-16-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This feels random af, like fanfic random.Hopefully the team can pull through

Maybe an experiment to see how Miles works outside of Spider-man's shadow?
    Always did say he needs a Nightwing type arc, so if this helps w/ that all for it
    By sticking him in as you'd say, other hero shadows?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    By sticking him in as you'd say, other hero shadows?
    From what I understand he won't be a legacy character in these

And it's an experiment to see which directions work for the character.(As in the stories that hit home will indicate what factors to incorporate in Miles future, not a one on one since it's what if's w/ revised history but it's still info they can use)
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-17-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Niffleheim

Can we stop cooking up things that never happened? Miles has never been in Peter’s shadow. He has never been anyone’s sidekick and he doesn’t need his Nightwing moment because apart from the Spider-Men crossovers his stories are in his own little corner of the universe away from Peter.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Can we stop cooking up things that never happened? Miles has never been in Peter’s shadow. He has never been anyone’s sidekick and he doesn’t need his Nightwing moment because apart from the Spider-Men crossovers his stories are in his own little corner of the universe away from Peter.
    Not Peter's shadow, Spider-man's shadow.As in the mantle, he's never worked w/ Peter enough to be that.

I never said he was a sidekick, he's never worked w/ Peter for longer than an arc.

And "Nightwing moment" isn't him giving up the Spider-man name, it just marks a massive character development point for the character which changes the trajectory of said character, Peter has had "nightwing moments" as well.Miles's mom's death was a "Nightwing moment", which lead to him realizing he needs to be spider-man and then his return.Which was then retconned and he doesn't even remember it now.

For example, him learning about his 1610 past and returning their only to find what happened to the world(destroyed) and then going up against the maker would be a "nightwing moment" if done right, it shakes the foundation of the character and adds another layer to his character.

so I wonder how old Capt. AmeriMiles will be when this mini series begins? Miles was what, 14, when he first got bitten by the spider in the comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so I wonder how old Capt. AmeriMiles will be when this mini series begins? Miles was what, 14, when he first got bitten by the spider in the comics?
    He looks older, also they say he was trained so that would take time as well.Also "AmeriMiles" I like it

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm assuming this series is either going to be 5 or 6 issue.

If he takes another mantle I could see them going the cosmic route with him becoming either a Nova or Star Lord and probably a Sorceror Supreme issue since every character seems like they get a crack at being the Sorceror Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thinking of a Miles "What If" I feel like the most natural one would be What If Miles joined up with Aaron when he first started using him to take over the New York underworld instead of fighting back, maybe becoming Prowler 3.
    That's something I would like to see. Kind of a pitch I always had was that the Miles from Earth-65, Spider-Gwen's world ended up getting into crime since Jefferson was a crimeboss in that world and wound up becoming the Prowler.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 11-17-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

If he takes another mantle I could see them going the cosmic route with him becoming either a Nova or Star Lord and probably a Sorceror Supreme issue since every character seems like they get a crack at being the Sorceror Supreme.

That's something I would like to see. Kind of a pitch I always had was that the Miles from Earth-65, Spider-Gwen's world ended up getting into crime since Jefferson was a crimeboss in that world and wound up becoming the Prowler.
    Have we ever met 65 Miles?
    He would he very young but still

I thought he was never born in Earth 65.

Fantastic Member

This is just a What If? mini series if Miles was a Legacy to Cap,Wolverine,Thor, and Hulk, the first issue is Cap and its "What if instead…the U.S. government recruited, trained, and granted him incredible powers with the Super-Soldier Serum?" So Miles gets a newer version of the serum and just like the others I assume he will have added powers to make him different in this series. I'm more interested in the Wolverine and Thor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

This makes the most sense to me, this way he'll have covered all the major corners of the MU. And it'll end two months before Spider-Verse 2 comes out.

Also Dark Ages Spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Miles makes his first appearance on the last page and it pretty mcuh confirms he's wearing two symbiotes.
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

Not Peter's shadow, Spider-man's shadow.As in the mantle, he's never worked w/ Peter enough to be that.

I never said he was a sidekick, he's never worked w/ Peter for longer than an arc.
    The Spider-Man's mantle shadow as a reason holds no water and is just made up excuses that aren't applicable to Miles. All these are fallacies that have no bearing to his status and story as a Spider-Man in Brooklyn.

And "Nightwing moment" isn't him giving up the Spider-man name, it just marks a massive character development point for the character which changes the trajectory of said character, Peter has had "nightwing moments" as well.Miles's mom's death was a "Nightwing moment", which lead to him realizing he needs to be spider-man and then his return.Which was then retconned and he doesn't even remember it now.
    I'll be honest I was so glad that dead parent trope was changed when Miles came to the Prime Universe not all "retcon" are bad (it's not really a retcon).

For example, him learning about his 1610 past and returning their only to find what happened to the world(destroyed) and then going up against the maker would be a "nightwing moment" if done right, it shakes the foundation of the character and adds another layer to his character.
    Maybe there are other Miles fans that would love for Miles to learn about 1610 but I don't care either way. I didn't like Miles going against 1610 Doom so I'm not going to like him going against The Maker just like I haven't liked Brock and 1610 Reed being in a story together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The Spider-Man's mantle shadow as a reason holds no water and is just made up excuses that aren't applicable to Miles. All these are fallacies that have no bearing to his status and story as a Spider-Man in Brooklyn.
    Cool, it's your opinion and I respect it.Hopefully you can do the same

I'll be honest I was so glad that dead parent trope was changed when Miles came to the Prime Universe not all "retcon" are bad (it's not really a retcon).
    Yes, I too dislike the biggest character development he's gotten so far.So glad they took a moment which made him realize the stakes of being Spider-man whilst showing us a realistic depiction of his guilt and how he deals w/ that on top of not telling his father he's Spider-man because of what his Mom said away.

(I jest, but personally for me and most of the Miles fans/readers I've met IRL or talked w/ online loved the story and it's one of their favs)

Maybe there are other Miles fans that would love for Miles to learn about 1610 but I don't care either way. I didn't like Miles going against 1610 Doom so I'm not going to like him going against The Maker just like I haven't liked Brock and 1610 Reed being in a story together.
    Yes well it was written by Bendis.Again matter of opinion, I feel his memories and connection w/ 1610 is important and should be explored.