Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I was joking

I get what you were going for. So we all now there's no way Spider-Hulk or Miles-Spider have a chance at surviving to the end of this, but the Swords-Miles looks the most stable. What are the odds he doesn't end up as a puddle of goo like the rest?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I get what you were going for. So we all now there's no way Spider-Hulk or Miles-Spider have a chance at surviving to the end of this, but the Swords-Miles looks the most stable. What are the odds he doesn't end up as a puddle of goo like the rest?
    I’d say decent if looks normal under the suit. Speaking of which. Who knew being cloned included your costume? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=108988926

Seems like this may in fact be the anniversary idea, unfortunately. I like the weapons the normal looking one has; the big one is goofy looking; and the third is just the Doppelganger design from Absolute Carnage. Also hilarious to call the Clone Saga "mega-popular".
    These clones remind me of the Spider-Slayers from the Ultimate cartoon:

I'm expecting Peter will just show up for a brief moment, tell Miles "Clones, huh? That's crazy. You've got this handled, though" and bow out like he usually has in this run.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These clones remind me of the Spider-Slayers from the Ultimate cartoon:

I'm expecting Peter will just show up for a brief moment, tell Miles "Clones, huh? That's crazy. You've got this handled, though" and bow out like he usually has in this run.
    Yeah, it does seem that these clones are more like bio-droids hybridized with (a) Spider-Man's DNA, similar to the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon's Spider-Slayers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I still need Javier Garron back his Miles and Brooklyn are top notch.
    Not til he brushes up on how he does Miles' suit. Carmen can stay on the book forever as far as im concerned, unless Sara Pichelli herself or David Marquez come knockin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I never thought i would ask this question for a Miles book BUT Who is the artist? Because me no like what i'm seeing lately

Edit: I got my answer (i finally read the posts above me lol)
    Carmen Carnero took over for Javier Garron as the main artist for the book & has done the art for issues 17-19 (half of the art was done by her in issue 19). She was then was asked to cover art duty for a few X-Men “Hellions”, X of Swords tie-in issues. Miles’ book had guest artists for issues 20-22. Carmen’s back as the books main artist for issues 23 onward.

I love how she draws Miles’ suit but I just wish she was more consistent in how she draws Miles’ hair. Half the time it’s like she wants to keep his fade with the part that, Javier gave him; and other times it’s like a hybrid of the fade and his old hairstyle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    The original clone saga sucked, but im not gonna treat it as some boogy man that curses every story with the name. The Original was plagued with a variety of different factors that led to it being bad. As long as the story has a beginning, middle, and end and is allowed to tell it without any hickups it can't possibly ever be as bad as the original story.
    It amazes me that Marvel takes not one but now two of the worst Peter stories of all-time ( OMD ( the Mephisto deal) and now Clone Saga), and uses them on Miles. I do not know if they are being stubborn ( refusing to admit those stories sucked in the first place, and thinking they can be made good the second time around), they are “Flipping The Bird” to readers, or both. Almost anyone would prefer a great story reworked ( think Kraven’s Last Hunt, Juggernaut etc), or a very well done original story. By the way it can be done ( think Spencer’s Gibbon).instead of recycled crap like OMD and Clone Saga.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It amazes me that Marvel takes not one but now two of the worst Peter stories of all-time ( OMD ( the Mephisto deal) and now Clone Saga), and uses them on Miles. I do not know if they are being stubborn ( refusing to admit those stories sucked in the first place, and thinking they can be made good the second time around), they are “Flipping The Bird” to readers, or both. Almost anyone would prefer a great story reworked ( think Kraven’s Last Hunt, Juggernaut etc), or a very well done original story. By the way it can be done ( think Spencer’s Gibbon).instead of recycled crap like OMD and Clone Saga.
    I just want to read an entertaining story, im not too concerned where it comes from, wether it be a new tale or a spin on an old one. I for one thought Miles' Mephisto deal worked great and had him coming out looking stronger on the other side, without having to sacrifice anything that fans would have to deal with for decades to come. He made a deal, suffered the consequences for it, and chose to live with it and soldier forward without it negatively impacting his character.

We don't know the quality of this upcoming story but its building off the Assessor plot so at the very least it has been thought out to some extent and isn't just being dropped on us just for the sake of " 'Member this?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I just want to read an entertaining story, im not too concerned where it comes from, wether it be a new tale or a spin on an old one. I for one thought Miles' Mephisto deal worked great and had him coming out looking stronger on the other side, without having to sacrifice anything that fans would have to deal with for decades to come. He made a deal, suffered the consequences for it, and chose to live with it and soldier forward without it negatively impacting his character.

We don't know the quality of this upcoming story but its building off the Assessor plot so at the very least it has been thought out to some extent and isn't just being dropped on us just for the sake of " 'Member this?"
    The problem with this Pro-OMD argument is they have stuck Peter with OMD for a dozen years ( and counting). I expect Miles to get the same treatment. Maybe it gets taken off of Peter in Amazing 1000, and it continues on Miles? Do we get a quarter of a Century of this OMD BS? There is a reason why this is the most hated Peter story in history, and it looks worse and worse as time goes by.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 01-13-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The problem with this argument is they have stuck Peter with OMD for a dozen years ( and counting). I expect Miles to get the same treatment
    I don't see the problem? The Mephisto story ended with Miles standing tall and until proven otherwise, there are no writing troubles in the background that will cause this next story to explode into nonsense before it ends, the original OMD and Clone Saga were not just simply badly written stories, there are reasons why they turned out the way they did.

I do expect some sort of fallout from the story, as i would expect from any story to impact a character moving forward.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Nerwrax15;5324800]I don't see the problem? The Mephisto story ended with Miles standing tall and until proven otherwise, there are no writing troubles in the background that will cause this next story to explode into nonsense before it ends, the original OMD and Clone Saga were not just simply badly written stories, there are reasons why they turned out the way they did.

I do expect some sort of fallout from the story, as i would expect from any story to impact a character moving forward.[/QUOTE
    Although I enjoy Miles ( although not as much as Peter and MJ), the idea of OMD is why Miles is not on my pull list. I refuse to invest years with an OMD type story. It has become like Ted Sallis trapped inside Man-Thing a tragic story that has no end.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So theory time; I imagine there will be a "did Miles really escape from the Assessor's lair" bait in the story, but I'm sure Saladin Ahmed is self-aware enough not to commit to it. I feel like for a twist like that to work, he would've needed to have had Miles noticeably acting out of character for the past 10+ issues to foreshadow it, but he's been fairly consistent through the whole series.

Instead I could see one of the clones becoming a villain. Not a full-on duplicate to Miles like Ben (and late Kaine was made to be) but one of the deformed clones that managed to gain autonomy and is resentful of all the experimentation he went through while Miles escaped.

Also what's with the knee-jerk reactions? Like do people actually remember what was actually wrong with the OG Clone Saga? It wasn't necessarily the story as a concept more so that they dragged the damn thing on for two years, changed storylines at the fly, kept introducing more new characters as the story kept changing, and finally tried to use the storyline as a backdoor method to reset the Spider-Marriage. I severely doubt Saladin's storyline is going to have anywhere near that amount of baggage. lol
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 01-13-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So theory time; I imagine there will be a "did Miles really escape from the Assessor's lair" bait in the story, but I'm sure Saladin Ahmed is self-aware enough not to commit to it. I feel like for a twist like that to work, he would've needed to have had Miles noticeably acting out of character for the past 10+ issues to foreshadow it, but he's been fairly consistent through the whole series.

Instead I could see one of the clones becoming a villain. Not a full-on duplicate to Miles like Ben (and late Kaine was made to be) but one of the deformed clones that managed to gain autonomy and is resentful of all the experimentation he went through while Miles escaped.

Also what's with the knee-jerk reactions? Like do people actually remember what was actually wrong with the OG Clone Saga? It wasn't necessarily the story as a concept more so that they dragged the damn thing on for two years, changed storylines at the fly, kept introducing more new characters as the story kept changing, and finally tried to use the storyline as a backdoor method to reset the Spider-Marriage. I severely doubt Saladin's storyline is going to have anywhere near that amount of baggage. lol
    This is probably going to be more like the Ultimate Clone Saga than the 616 version.

(Does anyone remember the original Ultimate Scorpion being a Peter clone? Or MJ becoming the Demogoblin? Or that multi-armed Peter clone who didn't really do anything? Kaine?)

Personally my biggest gripe is that the ten year anniversary arc shouldn't be a "remake" of a story Peter/a version of Peter has already done four times now. I mean even if the story is great it's still "Spider-Man deals with clones" story number five, and that's just a concept that's played out in the franchise as a whole. I just would have preferred something more original for the occasion.