Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Isn't Cable mom a clone of Jean?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yes. The Summers family tree is super weird
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The only reason I bring up Miles' mom here is because that was always by far my biggest issue with Miles' transition to the main universe. It always bugged me that Bendis would say everything still happened but then also refuse to elaborate how he and everyone else suddenly fit into the new setting or even show Miles' reaction to his mom suddenly coming back to life. Like, her death was a significant turning point in his story in the Ultimate Universe tone-wise, and completely shifted his relationship with his dad to what it is today.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The only reason I bring up Miles' mom here is because that was always by far my biggest issue with Miles' transition to the main universe. It always bugged me that Bendis would say everything still happened but then also refuse to elaborate how he and everyone else suddenly fit into the new setting or even show Miles' reaction to his mom suddenly coming back to life. Like, her death was a significant turning point in his story in the Ultimate Universe tone-wise, and completely shifted his relationship with his dad to what it is today.
    Didn't he attack Venom precisely because he remembered what happened to Rio?

Incredible Member

If we had to question his mom, we'd also have to question Aaron too and i don't think ahmed would intend for that to happen, like why would Molecule Man bring back Aaron but not also be responsible for Rio?

For anyone interested, here's a look inside the upcoming graphic novel

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    For anyone interested, here's a look inside the upcoming graphic novel
    Oh hey, Ganke made it in! This is for that teen hero book with Kamala and Ms. Marvel, right?

And I'm guessing those are original female villains? They don't seem to be anybody in particular that I recognize.

Its actually an unrelated solo thing

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Its actually an unrelated solo thing
    ...I had completely forgotten about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, Ganke made it in! This is for that teen hero book with Kamala and Ms. Marvel, right?

And I'm guessing those are original female villains? They don't seem to be anybody in particular that I recognize.
    Kamala is Ms. Marvel, lol, you meant Kamala and Squirrel Girl.

And yeah, I've not heard of a villain named Trinity.

Miles is called Kid Spider instead of Spider-Man? Or is Trinity just patronising Miles by calling him a kid?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In terms of Marvel or in general? In general, I'd say yes.
    I was thinking Marvel specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh yeah, you're right, he calls Jean his Mom because the real Jean and Scott raised him, but his real mother is Madelyne Pryor, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

These clones remind me of the Spider-Slayers from the Ultimate cartoon:

I'm expecting Peter will just show up for a brief moment, tell Miles "Clones, huh? That's crazy. You've got this handled, though" and bow out like he usually has in this run.
    First of all, I have to say, there's no picture here, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, it does seem that these clones are more like bio-droids hybridized with (a) Spider-Man's DNA, similar to the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon's Spider-Slayers.
    And second, sorry to say it, but you are wrong. The Spider-Slayers clones of "Ultimate Spider-Man" were actually based on an almost unknown team of villains from the comics and enemies of Julia Carpenter: Deathweb.
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...20070622011652

The members of this group are:
    + Antro: A white spider with teleportation powers, just like Ghost Spider.
    + Arachne: She had very sharp claws that could also inject venom, and her color was purple, just like Bone Spider.
    + Therak: A giant "spider-monster" with tremendous strength, just like Goliath Spider.

As far as I see, these clones of Miles are more likely the clones of Shredder, from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Here:
    https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Shredder_Clones

A giant muscled one, a more-beast-than-man one and a quite normal one but with obvious mudering instincts.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 01-24-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    First of all, I have to say, there's no picture here, pal.

And second, sorry to say it, but you are wrong. The Spider-Slayers clones of "Ultimate Spider-Man" were actually based on a almost unknown team of villains from the comics and anamies of Julia Carpenter: Deathweb.
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...20070622011652

The members of this group are:
    + Antro: A white spider with teleportation powers, just like Ghost Spider.
    + Arachne: She had very sharp claws that could also inject venom, and her color was purple, just like Bone Spider.
    + Therak: A giant "spider-monster" with tremendous strength, just like Goliath Spider.

As far as I see, these clones of Miles are more likely the clones of Shredder, from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Here:
    https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Shredder_Clones

A giant muscled one, a more-beast-than-man one and a quite normal one but with obvious mudering instincts.
    Thanks for the correction there. I actually have one of the issues of West Coast Avengers that Deathweb appeared in, the same one where Julia was forced to reveal herself to her ex-husband, who threatened to take their daughter Rachel away because of the danger Julia's life as Spider-Woman had exposed her to, only to end up fatally poisoned by Arachne. Been a while since I read it, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for the correction there. I actually have one of the issues of West Coast Avengers that Deathweb appeared in, the same one where Julia was forced to reveal herself to her ex-husband, who threatened to take their daughter Rachel away because of the danger Julia's life as Spider-Woman had exposed her to, only to end up fatally poisoned by Arachne. Been a while since I read it, though.
    Don't mention it, pal. My pleasure.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Heh no wonder the different clone types felt familiar. Ultimate Spidey and TMNT did it