Page 75 of 151 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2259
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I was glad Ahmed dropped Bendis' destined love interest Barbara and the eyesore energy web.
    If he did want to drop the bioelectric webbing, he should have at least attempted to explain them away, a brand new power is not something you can just handwave away like it never happened. Especially when the storyline the power debuted in established Miles' powers are still growing and evolving(which Ahmed has only added to when he gave Miles the ability to shoot out his venom blast from his arm like a projectile as well as charging electronics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    If he did want to drop the bioelectric webbing, he should have at least attempted to explain them away, a brand new power is not something you can just handwave away like it never happened. Especially when the storyline the power debuted in established Miles' powers are still growing and evolving(which Ahmed has only added to when he gave Miles the ability to shoot out his venom blast from his arm like a projectile as well as charging electronics)
    Venom Blast isn't it for me.I like Ahmed's version much better than the Bendis force one.I wish they establish how it works and it's limits.Of course he can evolve and learn to do new stuff with it.
    And I wish they focused on the camo, such a useful ability.

And as for writing stuff off, wiping UU memories is a much bigger problem.

Niffleheim

To be honest I don't even pay attention to the powers but i just know when I don't like something and I really didn't like that powerset he got to defeat Ultimate Hydra Doom (I think that is when it started) and Bendis then continued with it every chance he got when Miles moved to 616. Also I could forget about it when Ahmed took over because he introduced limits to the number of times Miles could use his venom blasts so by extension the energy web got scaled down or completely disappeared. I do agree though that he does need to explain what happened to the electric webbing powers.

What's also weird is Miles never acknowledges the ability to shoot out his venom blast as something new, he just does it like he's always been able to do it.

Extraordinary Member

To be honest I don't even pay attention to the powers but i just know when I don't like something and I really didn't like that powerset he got to defeat Ultimate Hydra Doom (I think that is when it started) and Bendis then continued with it every chance he got when Miles moved to 616. Also I could forget about it when Ahmed took over because he introduced limits to the number of times Miles could use his venom blasts so by extension the energy web got scaled down or completely disappeared. I do agree though that he does need to explain what happened to the electric webbing powers.
    Yeah.Ahmed's Miles has a much better power-set for my taste

Fantastic Member

From what I can remember the energy webs came from around the time Bendis got really sick and had to stay at the hospital,He was trying different things before he left but I think Editorial and Ahmed thought it was kinda dumb so they just ignore that he can do that. As for the venom strike, it's the AoE version he can only do once or twice a day if he pushes it but it leaves him drained though I do like the game's version where he can amp up the power by absorbing energy but his body can only hold so much before it starts hurting. TBH, I never liked Barabra because she came out of nowhere and said "Hi, I'm girlfriend now."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    From what I can remember the energy webs came from around the time Bendis got really sick and had to stay at the hospital,He was trying different things before he left but I think Editorial and Ahmed thought it was kinda dumb so they just ignore that he can do that. As for the venom strike, it's the AoE version he can only do once or twice a day if he pushes it but it leaves him drained though I do like the game's version where he can amp up the power by absorbing energy but his body can only hold so much before it starts hurting. TBH, I never liked Barabra because she came out of nowhere and said "Hi, I'm girlfriend now."
    Never liked the power absorb thing.Maybe in a couple decades.
    I did enjoy the aoe.Great output but a cost.

Lana should've just been the main love interest of the run.

Niffleheim

I didn't like her because 616 Miles had a girlfriend called Barbra so our Miles has to have a girl called Barbara

I didn't like her because 616 Miles had a girlfriend called Barbra so our Miles has to have a girl called Barbara
    Yea and that only became even more convoluted when it ends up being revealed that she’s not even the counterpart of 616 Miles’ Barbara but just some random girl who was also named Barabara and happened to turn into our Miles’ girlfriend. Like, what are the odds? It was so contrived. Also hated it because around the same time Bendis introduced Lana as being in love with Miles and went nowhere with it because he invented Barbara.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If we're gonna talk about love interests for Miles, there's also Alicia from the novel by Justin Reynolds.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

It was weird how it was built up, from about Spider-Man Vol 2 onward, Miles and Lana liked each other but were afraid to be rejected then Bendis added unnecessary "Drama" by having Miles blow her off because he was trying to find himself in Tokyo playing Spy. She goes missing from the book for a bit and gets replaced by Barabra, it goes nowhere and she leaves Miles then Lana comes back shows she still loves him but doesn't want to burden him with everything going on and here we are now with Miles getting a new suit. I hope Ahmed can write a good story for the both of them because I loved the interaction Miles and Lana had during Civil War II, where she genuinely cared about Miles's well being to the point she didn't want to see him hurt or used by Tony.

It was weird how it was built up, from about Spider-Man Vol 2 onward, Miles and Lana liked each other but were afraid to be rejected then Bendis added unnecessary "Drama" by having Miles blow her off because he was trying to find himself in Tokyo playing Spy. She goes missing from the book for a bit and gets replaced by Barabra, it goes nowhere and she leaves Miles then Lana comes back shows she still loves him but doesn't want to burden him with everything going on and here we are now with Miles getting a new suit. I hope Ahmed can write a good story for the both of them because I loved the interaction Miles and Lana had during Civil War II, where she genuinely cared about Miles's well being to the point she didn't want to see him hurt or used by Tony.
    Sadly I don’t see Ahmed doing anything with the 2 of them especially since he created Tiana who he’s had serve as Miles’ love interest after Miles and Barbara broke up. Interestingly, both girls are on the Champions and had even been locked up by CRADLE back during Outlawed.

Of course, they joined the Champs off panel (Bombshell before Zub's Champions #1 and Starling before Outlawed #1), so we don't know how or why they joined. Could both have done it to get closer to Miles?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's an interesting point, and speaking of Champions, there is the whole issue of Roxxon trying to neutralize and discredit teen heroes and not helping matters is that some of Miles's own personal struggles have made him unwittingly add credence to the spin against teen heroes. Helping matters even less is that his clones went on a spree of kidnapping, mayhem, and even murder while wearing his costume, so I'm expecting severe repercussions for his reputation as Spider-Man, at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.