Page 78 of 151 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2259
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    If Kaine needs to come back he can just get a new suit. Even though they don't really look alike besides colors:

Miles getting a new suit is one of the things I wanted most for this run. I feel like in this time in Miles' life, where he is moving on into adulthood, it seemed a bit odd to me that he'd have the same costume design he had since he was 13. I think it helps give a sense of progression, like getting an upgraded armor set in a RPG.

And if this suit is only temporary, I hope the next suit is different from his original one. I want Miles to move forward rather than backward. Of course, it can inspired by his original suit like The End and 2020 suits were.
    I mean moving into adulthood isn't a good idea.His entire thing is the teen Spidey and Peter is the adult one.Just age him acc. to the timescale.

The costume is way too similar imo.

But I do hope he gets a new one as well

Miles is 18 years old. He's applied for a writing scholarship for college. His family has regularly referred to him has a man/almost an adult/grown. He took a college tour with Kamala and Dante in Marvel Rising.

It just seems to me that both Miles and Peter are being set up to make some pretty big steps forward in their lives. Or in Peter's case he's being placed back where he used to or was supposed to be. Hopefully.

Extraordinary Member

Miles is 18 years old. He's applied for a writing scholarship for college. His family has regularly referred to him has a man/almost an adult/grown. He took a college tour with Kamala and Dante in Marvel Rising.

It just seems to me that both Miles and Peter are being set up to make some pretty big steps forward in their lives. Or in Peter's case he's being placed back where he used to or was supposed to be. Hopefully.
    18 is cool, I meant let's not get into his early 20's.

Yeah, you can move the character forward without aging them a lot.

And Pete seems to be "dying" and getting sidelined AGAIN for Beyond so we won't see any aftermath of the revelations.
    And the worst part it Peter is always killed or sidelined for someone else's story and never as a part of his own(Like Iron man, Cap, Wolverine, etc.).Even superior was for ock.I just hoped that they would kill or retire him as a part of his won story rather than for the replacement.Honestly F*ck Marvel for this.

If Kaine needs to come back he can just get a new suit. Even though they don't really look alike besides colors:

Miles getting a new suit is one of the things I wanted most for this run. I feel like in this time in Miles' life, where he is moving on into adulthood, it seemed a bit odd to me that he'd have the same costume design he had since he was 13. I think it helps give a sense of progression, like getting an upgraded armor set in a RPG.

And if this suit is only temporary, I hope the next suit is different from his original one. I want Miles to move forward rather than backward. Of course, it can inspired by his original suit like The End and 2020 suits were.
    Some of the base design looks similar to me as well, but that's just me.

Well, Peter's been wearing the same suit since he was 15 for decades...Superheroes tend to stick with what works, especially if they're a stylish onesie.

I mean, Ahmed has been making some noticeable status quo changes across his run, so I guess I could see him having Miles graduate from high school...although he's actually bothered developing Miles' high school life, so not sure if that's the right decision here (beyond obvious marketing reasons).

This makes me wonder if editorial was stricter on what he could do in his Ms. Marvel run.

I get that, the suit just doesn't give me progression vibes it feels more like something he'd wear before he got an "official" suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I get that, the suit just doesn't give me progression vibes it feels more like something he'd wear before he got an "official" suit.
    I don't really think it does, but I get what you mean. I just wanted something new.

It feels like a "soul-searching temporary new look" to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah, major homecoming suit vibes.And Kaine ones.

Feels like he's trying something new but it doesn't fit

Incredible Member

Lets not forget that this suit is not just this outer layer, he has an armored tech inner layer too, that addition more than bumps it from "pre-hero suit", personally this seems like a suit that goes for both Style AND Substance.

Extraordinary Member

Guess we'll have to wait and see the substance but the style seems weirdly... I can't quite get the word, in most of the art.It's like Homecoming with Kaine's colors.
    Maybe it'll be better in the book.

Niffleheim

I'll be shocked if Miles becomes 18, like SHOCKED.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

This makes me wonder if editorial was stricter on what he could do in his Ms. Marvel run.
    One has a large fanbase of teen girls and the other does not.

Freezing Miles at age 18 does open you up to more stories. You don't have to graduate him at once. Now you got openings for stories of visiting other places under the guise of college visits and that includes Wakanda.

So does Miles have a driver's permit yet? It would make a difference compared to Peter's awkward-with-driving for years status...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So does Miles have a driver's permit yet? It would make a difference compared to Peter's awkward-with-driving for years status...
    Does anybody really drive in the Marvel Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    He was getting his driver's permit in his first annual if I remember correctly.