Page 39 of 151 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Phin feels a little redundant with Starling, unless they play her differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like the Double Riders in the original Kamen Rider series, referred to respectively as Kamen Rider Ichigo (#1) and Kamen Rider Nigo (#2). If Japan, fifty years ago, could have two nearly identical cyborg grasshopper-themed superheroes without much in the way of problems, I don't see why the same can't be done with Peter and Miles.
    I guess because they've never quite captured that magic again...

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I wonder if in the sequel to Spider-Verse if Miles is going to keep is spray paint spider symbol or go for the sleeker design in the comics, as he's going to be more seasoned and probably have access to more resources.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I wonder if in the sequel to Spider-Verse if Miles is going to keep is spray paint spider symbol or go for the sleeker design in the comics, as he's going to be more seasoned and probably have access to more resources.
    As far as im concerned, while it did express Miles' individuality, it was also an on-the-fly job, he can't keep the logo's style, but i think he should graduate to a more legit suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    As far as im concerned, while it did express Miles' individuality, it was also an on-the-fly job, he can't keep the logo's style, but i think he should graduate to a more legit suit.
    Exactly, just like he dropped the additional clothes to show development he'll make his own suit to show further development

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Guess his name is double meaning since that's just Miles' name backwards
    Take the name of the original and reverse it to name the clone. That is SO LAME!! Peter's clones were a little more original. I mean, none of Peter's clones ever thought to call themselves "Retep". Geez! This reminds me Disney's Gargoyles, where Goliath's clone was name "Thailog".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Take the name of the original and reverse it to name the clone. That is SO LAME!! Peter's clones were a little more original. I mean, none of Peter's clones ever thought to call themselves "Retep". Geez! This reminds me Disney's Gargoyles, where Goliath's clone was name "Thailog".
    It kinda gets a pass from me since Selim is an actual name as opposed to gibberish

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It kinda gets a pass from me since Selim is an actual name as opposed to gibberish
    Still, the backward name is a lame resource.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Still, the backward name is a lame resource.
    I mean is it any lamer than having the evil clone called Kaine? Actually nvm lol

Astonishing Member

I mean is it any lamer than having the evil clone called Kaine? Actually nvm lol
    Well, to be honest, it took me years to realize the origin of Kaine's name. (Because the name is said different in my country). But anyway, "Kaine" is definitely better than "Retep".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

At least Kaine had thematic resonance, insofar as him being the "bad firstborn clone brother" who resented and wanted to kill his "good second-born clone brother." Nothing against Selim, though; they could have called him "Kilometers."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Well, to be honest, it took me years to realize the origin of Kaine's name. (Because the name is said different in my country). But anyway, "Kaine" is definitely better than "Retep".
    I would argue Selim is also better than Retep :P

Extraordinary Member

Kaine has also had years to develop as a individual and character with relationships with others.Selim sounds like a bad kaine "clone".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Kaine has also had years to develop as a individual and character with relationships with others.Selim sounds like a bad kaine "clone".
    .......yes, i would hope a character thats been around for decades would be compared to a character that hasn't even properly debuted yet. Wut???
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 04-26-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Mighty Member

Funny thing, it could be a coincidence but there was an Ottoman Sultan known as "Selim the Grim" who killed his male relatives to remove any competition for the throne.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Funny thing, it could be a coincidence but there was an Ottoman Sultan known as "Selim the Grim" who killed his male relatives to remove any competition for the throne.
    Hmm, maybe that's what "Selim" will do here, both with the actual Miles and the other Miles clones.
    The spider is always on the hunt.