Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So theory time; I imagine there will be a "did Miles really escape from the Assessor's lair" bait in the story, but I'm sure Saladin Ahmed is self-aware enough not to commit to it. I feel like for a twist like that to work, he would've needed to have had Miles noticeably acting out of character for the past 10+ issues to foreshadow it, but he's been fairly consistent through the whole series.

Instead I could see one of the clones becoming a villain. Not a full-on duplicate to Miles like Ben (and late Kaine was made to be) but one of the deformed clones that managed to gain autonomy and is resentful of all the experimentation he went through while Miles escaped.

Also what's with the knee-jerk reactions? Like do people actually remember what was actually wrong with the OG Clone Saga? It wasn't necessarily the story as a concept more so that they dragged the damn thing on for two years, changed storylines at the fly, kept introducing more new characters as the story kept changing, and finally tried to use the storyline as a backdoor method to reset the Spider-Marriage. I severely doubt Saladin's storyline is going to have anywhere near that amount of baggage. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Personally my biggest gripe is that the ten year anniversary arc shouldn't be a "remake" of a story Peter/a version of Peter has already done four times now. I mean even if the story is great it's still "Spider-Man deals with clones" story number five, and that's just a concept that's played out in the franchise as a whole. I just would have preferred something more original for the occasion.
    Both of those are perfectly good and valid points. I definitely lean toward the latter, but as someone who actually liked the Scarlet Spider(s), I agree, too, that it wasn't the existence or presence of clones that necessarily made the 90s Clone Saga bad. I'd even add that the greed of Marvel Comics' marketing division, seeing the initial profits from the 90s Clone Saga, had a heavy part in pretty much everything that went wrong there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Personally my biggest gripe is that the ten year anniversary arc shouldn't be a "remake" of a story Peter/a version of Peter has already done four times now. I mean even if the story is great it's still "Spider-Man deals with clones" story number five, and that's just a concept that's played out in the franchise as a whole. I just would have preferred something more original for the occasion.
    I think it would've been cool to do Miles' own Sinister Six story for the ten year anniversary but Bendis kind of wasted that in his last arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would've been cool to do Miles' own Sinister Six story for the ten year anniversary but Bendis kind of wasted that in his last arc.
    That's better since it's not something that immediately attracts ire, but even then I'd still want something wholly original for Miles. So no clones, symbiotes, goblins, etc. involved. Plus I don't think I was particularly big on the Sinister Six idea even back then and that wasn't even for a special occasion, besides being Bendis' final arc.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Spencer kind of beat people to the punch with the Sinister Syndicate being a thing now. Though I have to imagine that Bombshell's mom will eventually join up with that group next time she gets out of jail.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Here's a WIP Carmen Carnero posted on her Instagram. I remember in my last post I said my only real nitpick on her depiction of Miles was how inconsistent she drew his new hairstyle and made it look so close to his old one. Well this WIP has shut my mouth and I couldn't be happier.

IMG_3912.jpg
    Last edited by Grimm911; 01-16-2021 at 09:17 AM.

SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Wraparound Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT BY SARA PICHELLI
    VARIANT BY DAN HIPP
    VARIANT BY MARK BAGLEY
    DEADPOOL 30TH VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
    REBORN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY JEFFREY VEREGGE
    THE CLONE SAGA – MILES MORALES-STYLE!
    • We finally see the full extent of what the Assessor did when he kidnapped Miles back in #7.
    • This oversized anniversary issue lets the clones loose in Brooklyn and messes with Miles life even more than Peter Parker's Clone Saga messed HIS life up.
    48 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

"Messes with Miles life even more than Peter Parker's Clone Saga messed HIS life up" - For the sake of this books' sale, I doubt that.

According to Ahmed there is apparently supposed to be a status quo change coming from it, but that's not anything unheard of in these situations.

So this is a complete shot in the dark, not something I'm even hoping, for but with the book making a point of Miles getting his old memories back what if this story makes a retcon that Rio never got resurrected but was actually a clone this entire time?

So this is a complete shot in the dark, not something I'm even hoping, for but with the book making a point of Miles getting his old memories back what if this story makes a retcon that Rio never got resurrected but was actually a clone this entire time?
    That would be a trip. Maybe a little too dramatic of one though.

That would be a trip. Maybe a little too dramatic of one though.
    It's like the only other thing I could think of is "the real Miles" never got rescued from Assessor's Lab, but I think that would be too much of a deal breaker for anyone to stomach.

Ultimate Member

PLEASE don't give them ANY ideas.

Especially since there is a little sister to consider.

It's like the only other thing I could think of is "the real Miles" never got rescued from Assessor's Lab, but I think that would be too much of a deal breaker for anyone to stomach.
    Dear lord that would be emotional agony to read.

Especially as that would also mean Eve Ewing (and maybe her successor Danny Lore too) was writing a fake Miles in Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    PLEASE don't give them ANY ideas.

Especially since there is a little sister to consider.
    Come to think of it, have they done a story like that before? Where a clone ends up having a kid?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Come to think of it, have they done a story like that before? Where a clone ends up having a kid?
    In terms of Marvel or in general? In general, I'd say yes.