Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
So theory time; I imagine there will be a "did Miles really escape from the Assessor's lair" bait in the story, but I'm sure Saladin Ahmed is self-aware enough not to commit to it. I feel like for a twist like that to work, he would've needed to have had Miles noticeably acting out of character for the past 10+ issues to foreshadow it, but he's been fairly consistent through the whole series.

Instead I could see one of the clones becoming a villain. Not a full-on duplicate to Miles like Ben (and late Kaine was made to be) but one of the deformed clones that managed to gain autonomy and is resentful of all the experimentation he went through while Miles escaped.

Also what's with the knee-jerk reactions? Like do people actually remember what was actually wrong with the OG Clone Saga? It wasn't necessarily the story as a concept more so that they dragged the damn thing on for two years, changed storylines at the fly, kept introducing more new characters as the story kept changing, and finally tried to use the storyline as a backdoor method to reset the Spider-Marriage. I severely doubt Saladin's storyline is going to have anywhere near that amount of baggage. lol
Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
Personally my biggest gripe is that the ten year anniversary arc shouldn't be a "remake" of a story Peter/a version of Peter has already done four times now. I mean even if the story is great it's still "Spider-Man deals with clones" story number five, and that's just a concept that's played out in the franchise as a whole. I just would have preferred something more original for the occasion.
Both of those are perfectly good and valid points. I definitely lean toward the latter, but as someone who actually liked the Scarlet Spider(s), I agree, too, that it wasn't the existence or presence of clones that necessarily made the 90s Clone Saga bad. I'd even add that the greed of Marvel Comics' marketing division, seeing the initial profits from the 90s Clone Saga, had a heavy part in pretty much everything that went wrong there.