Page 109 of 151 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2259
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah. It may not be popular here, but folks seem more accepting of it elsewhere. I've even seen some fanartists say its easier to draw than his old suit because it doesn't have that web pattern on his mask.
    CBR is way too small to say what most think.Like stuff like Insta has people in the 1000's in comic community alone.I don't think much of twitter but I do have an throwaway account and even all that is too small.

People are half and half on Insta.Twitter likes it like 75/25 from what I've seen.As Frontier said it's the civvie thing people dig.It can work w/ the right artist, and it's certainly something Miles would make.

Other examples for CBR vs social media w/ speculating reason:-

Most people aren't good w/ Spencer on here specially lately but Insta is loving the run.Idk why everyone here isn't feeling it.

Beyond as an idea is not liked on Insta, but people like it here.My guess is because long time readers are here and those who have read and/or like Ben.

There is common ground, everyone loves current DD and hates current Avengers.

I don't think comics have that strong a following that unless something outrageous happens(OMD,Sins Past levels) the comics would care because of fan opinion.

I also had to ask do we know who sends Tasky after Miles, someone said it may be Kingpin.Any ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I can understand that. I think people like more civvie style costumes that try to be trendy (is that the right word?). I don't care for it personally though.
    Yeah, I think Hip or trendy or I guess modern is what it's trying to be.And that is definitely what miles is.I would say I'm pretty modern but i don't have a fashion sense so I don't know if poeple would dig this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I also had to ask do we know who sends Tasky after Miles, someone said it may be Kingpin.Any ideas?
    People assume it's Kingpin because Miles is on the cover for the Daredevil event and an article mentions that Task is one of the villains Kingpin's got working for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    People assume it's Kingpin because Miles is on the cover for the Daredevil event and an article mentions that Task is one of the villains Kingpin's got working for him.
    Oh okay.Thank you.
    Also is Tasky a legit threat to Miles and Starling?

Fantastic Member

Oh okay.Thank you.
    Also is Tasky a legit threat to Miles and Starling?
    Yes, Taskmaster has photographic memory, he can copy any non-superpowered fighting style move after seeing it once and use it in the most optimal way in his fighting style like he's been using it for years. He's copied moves and fighting styles from the best of the best so unless you got something else that will help you in a fight against him or you'll get folded like a lawn chair.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Yes, Taskmaster has photographic memory, he can copy any non-superpowered fighting style move after seeing it once and use it in the most optimal way in his fighting style like he's been using it for years. He's copied moves and fighting styles from the best of the best so unless you got something else that will help you in a fight against him or you'll get folded like a lawn chair.
    I hope Ahmed has some idea for Miles and Tiana to outwit Tasky because I don't think the last time Peter and Miles faired well against him.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I hope Ahmed has some idea for Miles and Tiana to outwit Tasky because I don't think the last time Peter and Miles faired well against him.
    I think he washed both Peter and Miles in their first 2v1 fight against him.

We just got a trailer for for Spider-Man 2 and it looks lie we're getting both Peter and Miles with a slightly new suit

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Miles and Peter didn't do too bad in the first fight. They got destroyed in the second fight, though. The final fight was much better, Miles used his camo and venom blast to give them an edge. Peter managed to hold off Taskmaster while Miles confronted his 616 counterpart.

As long as they're smart and Miles makes clever use of his powers they should be able to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    We just got a trailer for for Spider-Man 2 and it looks lie we're getting both Peter and Miles with a slightly new suit
    Nice. Was that Kraven speaking?

Nice. Was that Kraven speaking?
    Given the Russian accent and how he was going on about wanting a worthy challenge I think that checks off two major boxes for it to be Kraven The Hunter.

Extraordinary Member

Miles and Peter didn't do too bad in the first fight. They got destroyed in the second fight, though. The final fight was much better, Miles used his camo and venom blast to give them an edge. Peter managed to hold off Taskmaster while Miles confronted his 616 counterpart.

As long as they're smart and Miles makes clever use of his powers they should be able to manage.
    This was the dumbest sh*t.Peter has rolled over Tasky multiple times now.And he couldn't even hit a web on him when he was standing still, BMB nerfed the f*ck out of Peter.
    That's why I asked about Miles, although he should also be able to take this

This was the dumbest sh*t.Peter has rolled over Tasky multiple times now.And he couldn't even hit a web on him when he was standing still, BMB nerfed the f*ck out of Peter.
    That's why I asked about Miles, although he should also be able to take this
    Thus is the constant comic curse of having our favorite characters either done right or done dirty depending on who's writing them.

But yeah Spider-Men 2 was a trash fire in my opinion. All that built up hype for a sequel and this just felt like half@#$% writing from a writer we know full well can do better, but was already on his way out so just metaphorically said, "screw it it's the next creative teams mess to clean up".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Thus is the constant comic curse of having our favorite characters either done right or done dirty depending on who's writing them.

But yeah Spider-Men 2 was a trash fire in my opinion. All that built up hype for a sequel and this just felt like half@#$% writing from a writer we know full well can do better, but was already on his way out so just metaphorically said, "screw it it's the next creative teams mess to clean up".
    Agreed.The first one build up hype, but they wasted it all.

Also I forgot for a second who wrote this, then saw the scan and saw they won via Venom Blast and remembered it's BMB.

Another thing I noticed in the trailer was Miles' venom was the typical yellow as well as blue, might be a new mechanic.