Page 35 of 151 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The little black kid hero you never knew, and wouldn't have to see....lol, yeah ....NO, he's good just as he is. As a Spiderman fan there's room for Miles.
    His entire point was that the world needed Spider-man and that he had to fill his shoes and make them his own.Now he is just that,Kid Arachnid who is popular because of the fact he took Peter's mantle and has a game.Their are so many POC characters they could push who are much more suited than Miles.
    He is also nowhere just as good as Spider-man is.Not because of who he is but because how long he's been at it.Peter has been doing this for decades(both in comic continuity and in real time).Miles has had only 2 years.One day he will be,sure.But he's nowhere near that point right now.
    As mentioned in the original post.Spider-man in his first decade had an iconic supporting cast(MJ,Gwen,May,Jonah)and villains(Green goblin,Mysterio,Doc ock,Lizard,etc there are way to many to name here)so memorable moments(the spider-bite,uncle ben death,MJ you just hit the jackpot,gwen death etc way to many to list here).Miles has had a fluctuating cast with no good supporting cast(besides Pete's) and villans(Besides Pete's) with no memorable moments.Even though miles has so much more exposure than Pete had back in the day.That should tell you all you need to know about Miles.He's okay but not even close to Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    His entire point was that the world needed Spider-man and that he had to fill his shoes and make them his own.Now he is just that,Kid Arachnid who is popular because of the fact he took Peter's mantle and has a game.Their are so many POC characters they could push who are much more suited than Miles.
    He is also nowhere just as good as Spider-man is.Not because of who he is but because how long he's been at it.Peter has been doing this for decades(both in comic continuity and in real time).Miles has had only 2 years.One day he will be,sure.But he's nowhere near that point right now.
    As mentioned in the original post.Spider-man in his first decade had an iconic supporting cast(MJ,Gwen,May,Jonah)and villains(Green goblin,Mysterio,Doc ock,Lizard,etc there are way to many to name here)so memorable moments(the spider-bite,uncle ben death,MJ you just hit the jackpot,gwen death etc way to many to list here).Miles has had a fluctuating cast with no good supporting cast(besides Pete's) and villans(Besides Pete's) with no memorable moments.Even though miles has so much more exposure than Pete had back in the day.That should tell you all you need to know about Miles.He's okay but not even close to Pete
    Well, he's the Spider-Man of his own neighborhood tackling problems in his own way and that we don't see Peter dealing with.

Ahmed is doing a good job of giving Miles his own unique supporting cast. I don't absolutely love it, but I think it's a solid start if a writer builds on it. He's still a relatively new character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he's the Spider-Man of his own neighborhood tackling problems in his own way and that we don't see Peter dealing with.

Ahmed is doing a good job of giving Miles his own unique supporting cast. I don't absolutely love it, but I think it's a solid start if a writer builds on it. He's still a relatively new character.
    that neighborhood stuff would have worked so much better if he was in another city.Like if they have to keep him in the 616 atleast give the guy his own place to breathe.
    I agree that Ahmed has done a good job with supporting cast but Miles has a horrible track record of starting fresh with a new cast each run.Hope these guys stick.I was actually enjoying the run but the clone saga rehash turns me away.It may be better than the first one but that's not a tall order and should be easily done.i just hope Ahmed writes a good Peter in the issue in which he appears since he is very prominent in the trailer.The clone saga may be the downfall of the run tbh.Specially since we only get one comic per month and have no idea how ling it will last.The clones are already giving me Spidercide,Ben and Kaine vibes.i also want to know the effects of this on him.Does he give up being Spider-man,does he get replaced, does he get a partner or team or are there even an lasting effects.Time will tell.

Incredible Member

The little black kid hero you never knew, and wouldn't have to see....lol, yeah ....NO, he's good just as he is. As a Spiderman fan there's room for Miles.
    Not to mention his camo is like, his least used power. And now you want to make THAT his main gimmick? No thank you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Not to mention his camo is like, his least used power. And now you want to make THAT his main gimmick? No thank you.
    I say that because venom strike was a cheap way to win fight's and didn't feel rewarding in a fight.The current run has a much better venom strike.I personally think he should use his camo more often but I agree that venom strike is his signature move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's a bit of concept art of the clones
    I’m getting some serious John Carpenter’s The Thing vides with that one on the bottom.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    I’m getting some serious John Carpenter’s The Thing vides with that one on the bottom.
    One is a spidercide clone,other one is Kaine clone imo.Also "clone " see what I did there.The last one looks cool af.Looks like Spider-man noir man spider transformation.It is the on eto grab my attention and curiosity

This upcoming series would disagree with you. I just thought it was an interesting challenge. Similar to the comic Quincredible who has a lead character with the sole power of invulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

This upcoming series would disagree with you. I just thought it was an interesting challenge. Similar to the comic Quincredible who has a lead character with the sole power of invulnerability.
    I meant invisibility as a metaphor, lol! This looks cool though. I will check this out, on the surface not feeling the black folk in poverty visuals.

that neighborhood stuff would have worked so much better if he was in another city.Like if they have to keep him in the 616 atleast give the guy his own place to breathe.
    I agree that Ahmed has done a good job with supporting cast but Miles has a horrible track record of starting fresh with a new cast each run.Hope these guys stick.I was actually enjoying the run but the clone saga rehash turns me away.It may be better than the first one but that's not a tall order and should be easily done.i just hope Ahmed writes a good Peter in the issue in which he appears since he is very prominent in the trailer.The clone saga may be the downfall of the run tbh.Specially since we only get one comic per month and have no idea how ling it will last.The clones are already giving me Spidercide,Ben and Kaine vibes.i also want to know the effects of this on him.Does he give up being Spider-man,does he get replaced, does he get a partner or team or are there even an lasting effects.Time will tell.
    Btw the points you raise are somewhat contrite, and they really go to illustrate my point about the concept of debate based on personal preferences is kind of silly. There's equality and equity to the distribution of good and bad elements to both characters.

Extraordinary Member

Btw the points you raise are somewhat contrite, and they really go to illustrate my point about the concept of debate based on personal preferences is kind of silly. There's equality and equity to the distribution of good and bad elements to both characters.
    Agreed.But Peter has much more good points than miles and way less bad ones(Check out the original post for reasons why).Also all debates are somewhat clouded in perspective, some more than others.You think that miles a good character in the 616 is yours and that I feel he is out of place and doesn't bring much to the table is mine.Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    nice I still havent played it then again i havent touch my ps4 for months now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Great news.Also imagine how great Spider-man two will do.Do we know if it is coming in the next 2-3 years.And do we know any details like is it Peter only or a double trouble sort of situation.I'm all for the duo if they don't job on pete like in MM(Rhino fight).We may get to see Pete with Venom vs Miles as the semi-boss.Honestly if it is mainly focused on Pete but has a healthy dose of Miles and MJ I'm all in.

Astonishing Member

Agreed.But Peter has much more good points than miles and way less bad ones(Check out the original post for reasons why).Also all debates are somewhat clouded in perspective, some more than others.You think that miles a good character in the 616 is yours and that I feel he is out of place and doesn't bring much to the table is mine.Cheers!
    Which are caused by Peter being much older than Miles. That's like saying that a 20 year old is smarter than a 10 year old. It means absolutely nothing.