Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151
Results 2,251 to 2,259 of 2259
    Extraordinary Member

Miles calls Peter Spidey prime in devil's Reign 2.Also damn he really pulled the rug from under Tony w/ the others when Stark stood up for him in CW 2... good for him lmao

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Miles calls Peter Spidey prime in devil's Reign 2.Also damn he really pulled the rug from under Tony w/ the others when Stark stood up for him in CW 2... good for him lmao
    To be somewhat fair, he and the others are thinking more pragmatically, since Fisk knows where the proverbial (and perhaps literal) bodies are buried with regard to the superheroes and given (at least some of) Tony's darker actions in the past that we know of, Fisk throwing them in Tony's face during a public debate could very well completely destroy any sense of Tony's credibility or legitimacy as an alternative to Fisk and thus the superheroes' chances of thwarting Fisk.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be somewhat fair, he and the others are thinking more pragmatically, since Fisk knows where the proverbial (and perhaps literal) bodies are buried with regard to the superheroes and given (at least some of) Tony's darker actions in the past that we know of, Fisk throwing them in Tony's face during a public debate could very well completely destroy any sense of Tony's credibility or legitimacy as an alternative to Fisk and thus the superheroes' chances of thwarting Fisk.
    Imagine if Fisk had some of the dirt the illuminati got into.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    He might already have some of it, at least the stuff that ended up coming out in the open thanks to Civil War/World War Hulk/Secret Invasion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Miles looking like a Sith Lord, I kinda like it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Absolutely, I agree Luke makes for a better and more interesting candidate.

Although it may backfire w/ that last panel w/ Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Illuminati would wipe the floor w/ him any day of the week

I think Kisj knows his limits

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Makes sense as Peter is the OG Spidey. Over at DC, Stephanie Brown (Spoiler / Batgirl III) has called Barbara Gordon "Batgirl Prime" for the same reason.

Of course people now tend to disambiguate Miles by calling him Brooklyn Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Makes sense as Peter is the OG Spidey. Over at DC, Stephanie Brown (Spoiler / Batgirl III) has called Barbara Gordon "Batgirl Prime" for the same reason.

Of course people now tend to disambiguate Miles by calling him Brooklyn Spider-Man.
    Yeah Immediately thought of that

I think Miles being Brooklyn Spidey works as well

Fantastic Member

Man, i gotta say, dunno if it has been discussed recently, but i just cant get with saladin ahmeds run on miles, i just feels so pointless and weightless.
    Tbc, i love miles, he's like my favorite character in marvel right now (when done right, as seen in the spiderverse movie), but i feel Saladin has such an inconsequential take on his mythos, it's just so all over the place. This might get a bit ranty from here lol

When i think of miles and his best stories i basically think of all the themes that spider-verse chose to feature, like the dimension hopping shenannigans akin to ''Spider-men'', the other web warriors from other worlds akin to to the morlun spider totem saga etc. To be fair, i guess people were spoiled by the freedom the producers seemed to have on that movie, can't have gwen be a staple support in miles' story if they wanna push her in her own books. Anyway, a lot has been said about how bendis also had a pretty shallow miles character, even if there were some fun stories, but at least he had a grasp of his concept for the character at the time, and it followed pretty nicely the fallout from ultimate pete's death.

But when i pick up Ahmeds' book i just feel like there is so much wasted potential there. I believe the first step in diferentiating miles from peter is to not have any more dead ringers in the supporting cast, really build a unique foundation of characters that can be as fondly remembered as Harry, Robbie, Jonah, MJ and the like. So i think its pretty lame when the flagship book thats supposed to be building the character mythos into something engaging and fleshed out is making these characters feel like filler or rip-offs like that principal dude or any of his rando colleagues i cant even care to name. All in all i just believe that the kind of stories and stakes Ahmed insists upon in this run just fall flat since there is still no reason to care about 90% of the characters he features. IMO invest in more character driven, grounded stories that make miles seem distinctive and build on relationship dinamics with characters who can carry story beats on their own, not deformed clones or the vulture's gdaughter. Anyway, just wanted to put that out there so i can hear thoughts/opinions on the book so far, i dont even hate it as just a fun simple read, its just the wasted potential on such a good character that irks me lol