Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Considering Selim has Billie in his clutches at the end of this issue . . . I am seriously hoping it doesn't end the way I think it will.
    end of spoilers
    I seriously doubt it.Saladin Ahmed doesn't strike me as the type who would have the guts to do such a thing.
    I don't think anyone wants it to happen either because a)It's just pure disturbing
    b)The fallout will need to be dealt with a certain amount of tact that I don't think Ahmed has or will risk
    c)It's been a fairly kid-friendly book(aside from mindspinner)

That being said via solicits we know someone will die.

Also Spoilers

More importantly we just got 1610's offical return to the multiverse cemented.Looks like the maker will be the new big bad.I really hope we deal with Miles in the event and if his uncle is there do that along wioth the rest of his family.Maybe even keep him there if they think that would be better specially if 1610 is making a comeback in series after that.

MMSM should definitely have a tie-in or crossover if Venom does do that. But I would say they definitely need to include the Champions too - not least because Bombshell is ALSO from the Ultimate Universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    As for Spidey, I feel like his progression has somewhat slowed in recent years.
    Unfortunately, that's due to Peter constantly getting rolled back due to adherence to his nostalgic status quo. It's been a long time since he's had any sort of positive character and narrative progression that's stuck.

Here's some really nice art of Miles by Michael McKone

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    More importantly we just got 1610's offical return to the multiverse cemented.Looks like the maker will be the new big bad.I really hope we deal with Miles in the event and if his uncle is there do that along wioth the rest of his family.Maybe even keep him there if they think that would be better specially if 1610 is making a comeback in series after that.
    Interesting! I'm reading Venom in trade and I have seen the Maker being featured as the scientist during KIB but I didn't know the goal was for bringing back 1610.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Considering Selim has Billie in his clutches at the end of this issue . . . I am seriously hoping it doesn't end the way I think it will.
    end of spoilers
    Impossible. If it happens then Saladin will be accused that the whole reason for creating the character of Billie was for this single moment.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-17-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's some really nice art of Miles by Michael McKone
    The black eyes are very striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The black eyes are very striking.
    he just sleeping
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I seriously doubt it.Saladin Ahmed doesn't strike me as the type who would have the guts to do such a thing.
    I don't think anyone wants it to happen either because a)It's just pure disturbing
    b)The fallout will need to be dealt with a certain amount of tact that I don't think Ahmed has or will risk
    c)It's been a fairly kid-friendly book(aside from mindspinner)

That being said via solicits we know someone will die.

Also Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Interesting! I'm reading Venom in trade and I have seen the Maker being featured as the scientist during KIB but I didn't know the goal was for bringing back 1610.

Impossible. If it happens then Saladin will be accused that the whole reason for creating the character of Billie was for this single moment.
    Thanks for the reassurances.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Unfortunately, that's due to Peter constantly getting rolled back due to adherence to his nostalgic status quo. It's been a long time since he's had any sort of positive character and narrative progression that's stuck.
    Yeah, good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    In the recent run he has grown a lot.It's got great insight and self reflection of the character.
    That complaint isn't really valid now since he is probably the only character with significant growth(other than IH and a couple others).
    When was the last time we saw Batman or Cap America grow ,or Black Panther.Hell even the younger characters have been fairly stagnant.

In the recent run he has grown a lot.It's got great insight and self reflection of the character.
    That complaint isn't really valid now since he is probably the only character with significant growth(other than IH and a couple others).
    When was the last time we saw Batman or Cap America grow ,or Black Panther.Hell even the younger characters have been fairly stagnant.
    At the end of the day, probably depends which runs you read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the end of the day, probably depends which runs you read.
    I am talking about current runs

The Dark Ages event coming in September released some promotional art and according to CBR this image has the filename of Dark Ages and Miles Morales. Now CBR is calling it a Venom and Carnage hybrid, but I think it's much more likely that this is Miles. Either way I think it's a cool design and it's nice to see Miles might have some relevance in an elseworld or event or whatever this turns out to be.

https://www.cbr.com/venom-carnage-hy...les-dark-ages/
    Last edited by Dragonick; 06-18-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The Dark Ages event coming in September released some promotional art and according to CBR this image has the filename of Dark Ages and Miles Morales. Now CBR is calling it a Venom and Carnage hybrid, but I think it's much more likely that this is Miles. Either way I think it's a cool design and it's nice to see Miles might have some relevance in an elseworld or event or whatever this turns out to be.

https://www.cbr.com/venom-carnage-hy...les-dark-ages/
    I was wondering who this was.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Sure would be something if his symbiote misadventures here is put to better use than it was in the main continuity.

Yeah, at least here Miles will have at least two chances to have it used well since according to the description of it "Spider-people and the Fantastic Four will come together. Heroes for Hire will fight alongside Champions." gives two places he could show up in.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement