Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 643
  1. #481

  2. #482
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nice ITSV vibes .

  3. #483
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's a bit of concept art of the clones
    Very unsettling, by and large. I like.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #484
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    499

    Default

    I posted this on the vine a while back and got not a lot of response.Can someone tell me why some people(and you) like milesSince we have some down time can someone tell me why they think miles is a good character.I think he is overrated and could write pages full as to why(I have read most of his books)but am open to change.Give me reasons why he is good and will try to counter with my opinion.

    I like Miles fine, but he's just a box-ticker for me, he's going to be Peter without the growth virtually forever if Marvel can help it. I'm waiting for him to nip off to the Ultimate Universe, that's his true home and I was more invested in him back when he was there.

    This!

    Spiderman in the 1610 was a great character and his entire series was overall pretty good(they downplayed his strength and smart's to play into the "beaten up kid" factor, rest was great).Miles intro was pretty good but I'd argue it's because of status quo of 1610.A world where avengers are drunken idiots and X-men are full on edgy soap opera with a dead Spiderman allows for a great street level origin story.Even with all that and a legacy title I found his following series "lackluster".

    He was a quippy teenage Spiderman who has trouble balancing his dual identities which is something we had gotten before(and arguably better) for both 616(old school) and 1610(modern) versions.

    The differences are while 616 peter really didn't have anyone to confide in and was considered a flake by his friends and has felt like a disappointment whereas Miles not only had Ganke but rest of 1610 Pete's supporting cast who gave him a "you go girl" attitude.Spiderman was always the underdog while Miles was eagerly accepted by the Ultimates, Nick Fury, Gwen, May and MJ .

    The only good stuff we get is the origin and spider man no more arc which is a copy of Spiderman's arc and arguably his best movie(they even ripped off the internal monologue).This is made even worse by the fact that now both arc's have lost a lot of their meaning as he got his mother back and this world Spiderman is alive.

    Also while Spiderman's supporting cast is timeless to this day.Miles's supporting cast changes drastically preodically.His most iconic relation comes from alternate universe Gwen(which gross btw) .Having a bff in Ganke also hurts the story since we never get the "alone in the world" vibe from miles's stories.It works fine in films(although I would rather not have it in) but really doesn't in comics.Even prowler is a mantle from Pete(I don't know about Davis though).That and he is still a cliche twist even if it is well executed.

    Miles has also been pushed into the champions whilst Peter got time to develop as a individual character and didn't join the Avengers(annual 3 if I remember correctly)

    Also a pattern I have noticed is that for Miles to work we always have to push Pete down.This is true for all medium's.In Spiderverse we have one dead Pete and one of the if not the lowest point in his life(understand that this is to say that Peter B. Parker is not absolute perfection,which he is, the point is for the story to work we need Pete to be in a bad spot so as to validate miles character arc).In comics we get 2 Spider-men series which show peter as an inexperienced goofball of a man-child.This can be seen in the fight scenes of Miles and Peter and Miles and Peter vs Taskmaster(1610).

    Also sharing the same name on the same Earth is just confusing.In the show Ultimate Spiderman he is called Kid Arachnid(he is actually likeable in the show).Bringing him into the 616 was stupid as is and has really made the character much worse.

    Also giving him a Spidey-sense was something I disliked because it is popular because of it's uniqueness and giving it to other characters like Miles and Cindy detracts from that.The main problem is not only does he have all the Spider powers he also has invisibility and venom blast.I think invisibility was a good choice but would work better if it replaced spidey-sense instead being an add-on.The venom blast is the physical incarnation of the infamous Bendis force and allows him to beat people he has no business like 1610 Dr Doom , 616 Blackheart and 616 Spiderman.Although they have reigned in this ability in the recent run.

    Spiderman has had many iconic moments in the first ten years(Origin,If this be my destiny,Death of Gwen Stacy, Death of green goblin, sinister six and the black suit saga to name a few) while Miles barely has one(I don't think there are any but maybe I missed something ) even though he has had much more of a spotlight and content as compared to Pete.

    I just feel like there are so many more characters that I would love to be given this attention rather than Miles.Blue marvel,Shang Chi(when done right),Blade,Monica Rambeau, Misty Knight.Hell even Cindy and Miguel have so much potential.

    I'll close this off by saying that Miles has a lot in common with Pete (but I feel Pete's stories show these) and what they have different Pete usually has better.This makes me feel like Miles is more of a box-ticker(as said above) rather than a good character.

    Please tag some Miles fans to this since I would love to debate this.I don't know anyone here who is a die-hard Miles fan.

  5. #485
    Mighty Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Can't decide which one is the better variant.




  6. #486
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Can't decide which one is the better variant.



    The top one! Easily.

  7. #487
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I posted this on the vine a while back and got not a lot of response.Can someone tell me why some people(and you) like milesSince we have some down time can someone tell me why they think miles is a good character.I think he is overrated and could write pages full as to why(I have read most of his books)but am open to change.Give me reasons why he is good and will try to counter with my opinion.

    I like Miles fine, but he's just a box-ticker for me, he's going to be Peter without the growth virtually forever if Marvel can help it. I'm waiting for him to nip off to the Ultimate Universe, that's his true home and I was more invested in him back when he was there.

    This!

    Spiderman in the 1610 was a great character and his entire series was overall pretty good(they downplayed his strength and smart's to play into the "beaten up kid" factor, rest was great).Miles intro was pretty good but I'd argue it's because of status quo of 1610.A world where avengers are drunken idiots and X-men are full on edgy soap opera with a dead Spiderman allows for a great street level origin story.Even with all that and a legacy title I found his following series "lackluster".

    He was a quippy teenage Spiderman who has trouble balancing his dual identities which is something we had gotten before(and arguably better) for both 616(old school) and 1610(modern) versions.

    The differences are while 616 peter really didn't have anyone to confide in and was considered a flake by his friends and has felt like a disappointment whereas Miles not only had Ganke but rest of 1610 Pete's supporting cast who gave him a "you go girl" attitude.Spiderman was always the underdog while Miles was eagerly accepted by the Ultimates, Nick Fury, Gwen, May and MJ .

    The only good stuff we get is the origin and spider man no more arc which is a copy of Spiderman's arc and arguably his best movie(they even ripped off the internal monologue).This is made even worse by the fact that now both arc's have lost a lot of their meaning as he got his mother back and this world Spiderman is alive.

    Also while Spiderman's supporting cast is timeless to this day.Miles's supporting cast changes drastically preodically.His most iconic relation comes from alternate universe Gwen(which gross btw) .Having a bff in Ganke also hurts the story since we never get the "alone in the world" vibe from miles's stories.It works fine in films(although I would rather not have it in) but really doesn't in comics.Even prowler is a mantle from Pete(I don't know about Davis though).That and he is still a cliche twist even if it is well executed.

    Miles has also been pushed into the champions whilst Peter got time to develop as a individual character and didn't join the Avengers(annual 3 if I remember correctly)

    Also a pattern I have noticed is that for Miles to work we always have to push Pete down.This is true for all medium's.In Spiderverse we have one dead Pete and one of the if not the lowest point in his life(understand that this is to say that Peter B. Parker is not absolute perfection,which he is, the point is for the story to work we need Pete to be in a bad spot so as to validate miles character arc).In comics we get 2 Spider-men series which show peter as an inexperienced goofball of a man-child.This can be seen in the fight scenes of Miles and Peter and Miles and Peter vs Taskmaster(1610).

    Also sharing the same name on the same Earth is just confusing.In the show Ultimate Spiderman he is called Kid Arachnid(he is actually likeable in the show).Bringing him into the 616 was stupid as is and has really made the character much worse.

    Also giving him a Spidey-sense was something I disliked because it is popular because of it's uniqueness and giving it to other characters like Miles and Cindy detracts from that.The main problem is not only does he have all the Spider powers he also has invisibility and venom blast.I think invisibility was a good choice but would work better if it replaced spidey-sense instead being an add-on.The venom blast is the physical incarnation of the infamous Bendis force and allows him to beat people he has no business like 1610 Dr Doom , 616 Blackheart and 616 Spiderman.Although they have reigned in this ability in the recent run.

    Spiderman has had many iconic moments in the first ten years(Origin,If this be my destiny,Death of Gwen Stacy, Death of green goblin, sinister six and the black suit saga to name a few) while Miles barely has one(I don't think there are any but maybe I missed something ) even though he has had much more of a spotlight and content as compared to Pete.

    I just feel like there are so many more characters that I would love to be given this attention rather than Miles.Blue marvel,Shang Chi(when done right),Blade,Monica Rambeau, Misty Knight.Hell even Cindy and Miguel have so much potential.

    I'll close this off by saying that Miles has a lot in common with Pete (but I feel Pete's stories show these) and what they have different Pete usually has better.This makes me feel like Miles is more of a box-ticker(as said above) rather than a good character.

    Please tag some Miles fans to this since I would love to debate this.I don't know anyone here who is a die-hard Miles fan.
    First, how do you debate what is a preference? You like Peter more, okay rock with that. In your world you see him as the better Spider-Man based on what you like. That doesn't MAKE Peter the better one. I have read and liked 616 Spider-Man for the last 23 years. With the introduction of Miles, I happen to think that he is a superior Spider-Man to me. Well, this is my preference. You do know there are damn near 10 threads at least for the Peter lovers like yourself, its weird that you come to the one of like two threads for Miles just to trash a character you already feel is inferior in YOUR opinion. Strange my friend, strange.

  8. #488
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Please tag some Miles fans to this since I would love to debate this.I don't know anyone here who is a die-hard Miles fan.
    So far all I've seen you do is come into this thread, and all the other non-Peter spider threads is to complain about their character and Peter not being a central figure in their respective. I don't think anyone is interested in "debating" you when the only thing you've done so far is derail discussions to air out your various gripes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  9. #489
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    First, how do you debate what is a preference? You like Peter more, okay rock with that. In your world you see him as the better Spider-Man based on what you like. That doesn't MAKE Peter the better one. I have read and liked 616 Spider-Man for the last 23 years. With the introduction of Miles, I happen to think that he is a superior Spider-Man to me. Well, this is my preference. You do know there are damn near 10 threads at least for the Peter lovers like yourself, its weird that you come to the one of like two threads for Miles just to trash a character you already feel is inferior in YOUR opinion. Strange my friend, strange.
    I like Peter more as evident by the above text.I don't like miles but I do want to.That is why I come into Miles threads since people who frequent these may have counter-arguments to tell.If you like miles(specially more than peter) could you share your reasons.I don't see any plus to the character but I am open to it.Cheers

  10. #490
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,220

    Default

    It WAS a bit odd that Miles joined the Avengers almost immediately upon arriving in 616. But, the fact is the Avengers didn't even exist at that point in Peter's history. He debuted in 1962, the team debuted in 1963.

    As for the Champions, there's a reason Peter didn't join an equivalent of them too - in the early days, there was only two teen heroes in Marvel, Peter, and Johnny Storm. The next teen heroes to appear were the X-Men, which was Marvel's teen book at the time (it changed to it's present format in 1975). There wasn't a general membership teen team until 1989 when New Warriors debuted - and Spider-Man did eventually join them, albeit the Ben Reilly version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #491
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Can't decide which one is the better variant.



    Hellcat cameo!

  12. #492
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So far all I've seen you do is come into this thread, and all the other non-Peter spider threads is to complain about their character and Peter not being a central figure in their respective. I don't think anyone is interested in "debating" you when the only thing you've done so far is derail discussions to air out your various gripes.
    If you do not have anything to add about the actual topic or not interested in "debating" this then please refrain from assuming about others will to do so.
    Also the sole reason as to why I have posted non-Spiderman(peter) threads about Peter is because the character has been played as a joke in many tie-in comics.The character is also misunderstood as a happy-go-lucky dumb man-child which he really is not.
    Check out Zdasrky's Daredevil or last issue of Spectacular Spider-man(the Morlun fight) to see what(I think) Spidey should be potrayed as now.Also all those characters would not exist if not for Spider-man and(most) are linked by the Web of life and destiny.Also it is canon that Spider-man of the 616 is the greatest spider-man in the multiverse.I also like all other characters in the extended Spider-family except a couple(miles being one of them).
    If you want to add anything constructive to the conversation please go ahead,all you have done so far is complain while not making any points or countering any of mine.
    Cheers

  13. #493
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It WAS a bit odd that Miles joined the Avengers almost immediately upon arriving in 616. But, the fact is the Avengers didn't even exist at that point in Peter's history. He debuted in 1962, the team debuted in 1963.

    As for the Champions, there's a reason Peter didn't join an equivalent of them too - in the early days, there was only two teen heroes in Marvel, Peter, and Johnny Storm. The next teen heroes to appear were the X-Men, which was Marvel's teen book at the time (it changed to it's present format in 1975). There wasn't a general membership teen team until 1989 when New Warriors debuted - and Spider-Man did eventually join them, albeit the Ben Reilly version.
    Spider-man annual 3 had Peter being offered the membership and him declining(I think, don't really remember how it played out).It really helped Spider-man come into his own character.Also ben reilly is not Peter Parker and is a seperate character.Miles also joined the champions quickly.
    Spider-man was also one of the first teens(as you have stated).That and being a solo with a secret identity really set a great tone for the comics.Also Pete always had people bullying him and even his friends thought of him as flake since he was never on time thanks to the Spider-man activity.
    Miles never had this whole world against him hopeless vibe.He always had friends and family harping about how great he is and how everybody needs him.Hell even nick fury gave him a suit(although partially out of guilt of letting Peter die).
    I don't want a miles having more elements of Pete(specially teen Pete).God knows he already has enough,but I just don't get the Spider-man vibe or something nearly as good in a Miles book.I have elaborated on this further in the og post.Thanks for the response

  14. #494
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,958

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Can't decide which one is the better variant. ....
    awwww, adorable
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  15. #495
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If you do not have anything to add about the actual topic or not interested in "debating" this then please refrain from assuming about others will to do so.
    Also the sole reason as to why I have posted non-Spiderman(peter) threads about Peter is because the character has been played as a joke in many tie-in comics.The character is also misunderstood as a happy-go-lucky dumb man-child which he really is not.
    Check out Zdasrky's Daredevil or last issue of Spectacular Spider-man(the Morlun fight) to see what(I think) Spidey should be potrayed as now.Also all those characters would not exist if not for Spider-man and(most) are linked by the Web of life and destiny.Also it is canon that Spider-man of the 616 is the greatest spider-man in the multiverse.I also like all other characters in the extended Spider-family except a couple(miles being one of them).
    If you want to add anything constructive to the conversation please go ahead,all you have done so far is complain while not making any points or countering any of mine.
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Man they really are trying to undermine of Peter huh.This is why I don't like the other Spiders.They don't even give a homage to Peter.
    Ah yes, the making of someone who wants to debate in good faith lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •