Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

I don't know about Ridley's schedule but maybe he could write an ongoing?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know about Ridley's schedule but maybe he could write an ongoing?
    If he's not too tied up with DC and The Next Batman, maybe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Hey, you think that Miles whether 616 or the one we reading that seem to have memories of having life in 616(although his ultimate memories are returning) would remember a encounter in his youth with another Brooklyn hero with supernatural take. I'm talking about Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, I hope I reach out to former fans from that 90s era Ghost Rider, since Howard Mackie his creator has his solo run takes place in Brooklyn in Cypress Hills. I would love to see Miles and Ganke just walking one night and see Ghostie riding with his flaming motorcycle. or even a more personal encounter of being saved by him as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Hey, you think that Miles whether 616 or the one we reading that seem to have memories of having life in 616(although his ultimate memories are returning) would remember a encounter in his youth with another Brooklyn hero with supernatural take. I'm talking about Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, I hope I reach out to former fans from that 90s era Ghost Rider, since Howard Mackie his creator has his solo run takes place in Brooklyn in Cypress Hills. I would love to see Miles and Ganke just walking one night and see Ghostie riding with his flaming motorcycle. or even a more personal encounter of being saved by him as a kid.
    That would be pretty cool, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I forget if he's teamed-up with Robbie Reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If he's not too tied up with DC and The Next Batman, maybe.
    It's very possible for him to write for both now since DC got rid of exclusivity contracts. Only thing I can think of that could really hold him up is his Screen Writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget if he's teamed-up with Robbie Reyes.
    I thin the only spider Robbie has ever actually teamed up with is Cindy during that Fantastic Four thing that happened in his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I thin the only spider Robbie has ever actually teamed up with is Cindy during that Fantastic Four thing that happened in his solo.
    Yeah so far, Silk is the only Spider-Person Robbie has had any real interaction with. And even then it would be a stretch to call what when on in that arc a team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if that's an audition for when Ahmed leaves? They won't want a hiatus like when Bendis left unexpectedly. Better to have some people in mind.
    Since C. Priest would likely refuse on principle (and he needs to be offered Peter Parker someday soon), Mr. Ridley's a good choice. We'll just have to see, I suppose. At least this one-shot is coming out. statistically, I don't know how many black writers have been allowed to write solo stories for Miles so far.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-28-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Since C. Priest would likely refuse on principle (and he needs to be offered Peter Parker someday soon), Mr. Ridley's a good choice. We'll just have to see, I suppose. At least this one-shot is coming out. statistically, I don't know how many black writers have been allowed to write solo stories for Miles so far.
    If I recall right, Bryan Edward Hill (who also wrote Fallen Angels for Marvel/X-Men and wrote the most recent Batman & the Outsiders series at DC, as well as a run on Cyberforce for Image/Top Cow) wrote the Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales) 2018 Annual between the end of Bendis's Spider-Man and Saladin Ahmed picking up the baton with Miles Morales: Spider-Man.

As for Christopher Priest writing Peter Parker, yeah, it would be interesting to see him go for a full run given some of his earlier writing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If I recall right, Bryan Edward Hill (who also wrote Fallen Angels for Marvel/X-Men and wrote the most recent Batman & the Outsiders series at DC, as well as a run on Cyberforce for Image/Top Cow) wrote the Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales) 2018 Annual between the end of Bendis's Spider-Man and Saladin Ahmed picking up the baton with Miles Morales: Spider-Man.

As for Christopher Priest writing Peter Parker, yeah, it would be interesting to see him go for a full run given some of his earlier writing with him.
    So far Bryan Edward Hill is the only black writer to write for Miles' solo books. Hopefully Ahmed doesn't end his run anytime soon because I love what he's doing so far, but when he does pass the baton, I do hope, John Ridley is on the short list of writers to take over.

FYI the story he did for, "Miles in Marvels Voices: Legacy #1" is said to be only 3 pages long so it'll be interesting on just what kind of of writing he was able to pack in those 3 pages along with Olivier Coipel's art (who I always hoped would get to draw Miles one day).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Evan Narcisse is another writer how's actually been a vocal champion for Miles since his inception and was one of the writers of the game so I imagine he would jump at the opportunity to write the comic if given it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Yeah so far, Silk is the only Spider-Person Robbie has had any real interaction with. And even then it would be a stretch to call what when on in that arc a team-up.
    Oh, I completely forgot about that. I think it was back when they were really promoting Silk hard in the comics so she was making the rounds.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    According to at least ONE former Marvel writer-who eventually did War Machine's last mini-some of Marvel editors don't KNOW any black writers. Never mind at the time of that writer's story-Hudlin was on Black Panther run, McDuffie may have been around and New Warriors with the writer whose last name I can never spell right was around.

Looking over the last job posting for editors/assistant editors-talent recruitment was a part of that job duty.

It is hard to get black writers if you are not looking beyond Marvel, DC and probably Image.

Aside from Hill, Jason Reynolds did Miles's novel.

Justin A Reynolds will be doing the next novel coming out in June.

Brittany Morris (Slay novel) did video game Miles Morales book.

Outside of comics he is getting black writers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    According to at least ONE former Marvel writer-who eventually did War Machine's last mini-some of Marvel editors don't KNOW any black writers. Never mind at the time of that writer's story-Hudlin was on Black Panther run, McDuffie may have been around and New Warriors with the writer whose last name I can never spell right was around.

Looking over the last job posting for editors/assistant editors-talent recruitment was a part of that job duty.

It is hard to get black writers if you are not looking beyond Marvel, DC and probably Image.

Aside from Hill, Jason Reynolds did Miles's novel.

Justin A Reynolds will be doing the next novel coming out in June.

Brittany Morris (Slay novel) did video game Miles Morales book.

Outside of comics he is getting black writers.
    Kevin Grievoux? I think he also did the origin book for Blue Marvel/Adam Brashear.

Thanks for mentioning Jason Reynolds and Brittney Morris, though. Got both of their Miles Morales novels as a Christmas present this past year.

Evan Narcisse would be great for Miles in the comics, too, so thanks for mentioning him as well, CrimsonEchidna.