Page 125 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2259
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    but Scorpia, White Rabbit and Trapstr didn't need to be there.
    Lies. White Rabbit deserves ALL the love.

More seriously, I think that's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they HAD used new characters, there would be somebody posting here that it was a waste, because there are all these old foes in limbo that never get used, and why doesn't a writer pull them out for something like this? Just goes to show, you'll never make everyone happy.

Niffleheim

Spider-Man live action and animation seemed to be obsessed with nouns and prepositions in the movie titles
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

That's how I felt about #13 when Miles and Aaron were trying to escape to Ceres' base, after Ultimatum put a hit out on them. I was pretty excited in the previous issue when they showed the silhouettes of all those bounty hunters, only for them to end up being regular old Peter Spider-Man villains. There's no reason they couldn't have been new characters.

I guess I can kind of understand why Saladin would have Rhino show up but Scorpia, White Rabbit and Trapstr didn't need to be there.
    I love White Rabbit and a few of the others but Miles needs his own things.Specially rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Spider-Man live action and animation seemed to be obsessed with nouns and prepositions in the movie titles
    It helps to disambiguate while linking each one in the same continuity. Tobey Maguire's films are just Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield's films are Amazing Spider-Man, Tom Holland's are Spider-Man: Home, and the animated ones are Spider-Man: Spider-Verse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hmmmm maybe the third film is through the spider-verse?
    I'd guess Beyond the Spiderverse. Gives it a 'finale' type weight I think.

Looking at the solicits for January, I wonder if the Assesor was created by the Beyond Corp. He has a real 'other worldly' vibe about him, and the Iron Man annual confirmed it was essentially an algorithm.

Solicit for #34

SALADIN AHMED (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY Daniel Acuña
    BEYOND TIE-IN!
    • MILES and SHIFT need answers…but they must descend into the darkness of the ASSESSOR’S HQ to find them!
    • What untold horrors await the two SPIDER-MEN?!
    • And what do the Assessor’s plans mean for Ben Reilly and the Beyond Corporation?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Looking at the solicits for January, I wonder if the Assesor was created by the Beyond Corp. He has a real 'other worldly' vibe about him, and the Iron Man annual confirmed it was essentially an algorithm.
    I hope not, it would feel like a real letdown if the one pulling Assessor's strings was someone not from Miles' own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Solicit for #34

BEYOND TIE-IN!
    • MILES and SHIFT need answers…but they must descend into the darkness of the ASSESSOR’S HQ to find them!
    • And what do the Assessor’s plans mean for Ben Reilly and the Beyond Corporation?!

I hope not, it would feel like a real letdown if the one pulling Assessor's strings was someone not from Miles' own book.
    So we're counting Shift as a Spider-Man? I guess by clone logic.
    I could see Ahmed connecting all his stories together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we're counting Shift as a Spider-Man? I guess by clone logic.

I could see Ahmed connecting all his stories together.
    SHIFT seems like an actually cool name so it'll be cool if he keeps it.Here I was hoping Miles has his nightwing moment and they gonna throw another Spider-man at us....

Could be cool if it's thought through and not just last minute, could be great

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funny enough, Selim called the Assessor an "evil algorithm, born out of exploitation," in Miles's Clone Saga, and considering Beyond Corp is all about exploitation in one form or another, I could see them being linked, though not in the sense of one creating the other. Hell, maybe the Assessor and Beyond Corp's proverbial puppet masters come from the same dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Solicit for #34

BEYOND TIE-IN!

Yeah, true enough. I'm thinking Assessor and Beyond might be rivals instead of necessarily working together or in concert.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I was hoping Selim would stick around. I guess we'll see how Shift works out.
    Mutant and Proud!

And what do the Assessor’s plans mean for Ben Reilly and the Beyond Corporation?!
    The way this is worded, it doesn't seem like Assessor works for Beyond. It's possible he could be 'assessing' Beyond and Ben trying to find a way to use them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Selim called the Assessor an "evil algorithm, born out of exploitation," in Miles's Clone Saga, and considering Beyond Corp is all about exploitation in one form or another, I could see them being linked, though not in the sense of one creating the other. Hell, maybe the Assessor and Beyond Corp's proverbial puppet masters come from the same dimension.
    They like chaos, not saying it can't work and you do have a point but they just want fun.Unless Zeb changes that...

The way this is worded, it doesn't seem like Assessor works for Beyond. It's possible he could be 'assessing' Beyond and Ben trying to find a way to use them.
    That is more likely by wording

Can someone tell me what happens in the Frog-man story in issue 30? Is it supposed to be the Eugene Patilio Frog-man and if so, why are they fighting?