Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Hey, at least it was nice to see Miles expand his Venom usage again, this time straight from something he saw someone else do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I did like that Miles finally used Venom Dash in this issue.

Yep, that was tight. I've been loving how he's been using his venom powers.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 11-10-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    So it seems like the Assessor doesn't work for Beyond after all. Cool.

As for today's issue:
    spoilers:
    The best thing about it was Miles using his Venom Blast to propel himself through the air like in his game.
    end of spoilers
    Otherwise these two issues just seemed kind of...eh. They didn't really help sell me on Starling's character either, unfortunately.
    Yeah, not to mention spoilers:
    Beyond is pulling copyright on Miles to try to make him stop being Spider-Man while Beyond has ownership of the trademark and is using Ben Reilly as their "official" web-slinger. Makes me wonder if Beyond is going to end up being used as a commentary on some elements of the fandom that think there should be only one Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Yeah, not to mention spoilers:
    Beyond is pulling copyright on Miles to try to make him stop being Spider-Man while Beyond has ownership of the trademark and is using Ben Reilly as their "official" web-slinger. Makes me wonder if Beyond is going to end up being used as a commentary on some elements of the fandom that think there should be only one Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    Issue was mid

Sounds a lot like "We are the Flash" which is what ruined the show to the point of no return.Nothing wrong w/ multiple Spiders or even Spider-men in Miles/Miguel's case since they are from diff. realities/times where they were Spider-man as well but Ben should get a new name.Heck even Miles should try to be a bit more unique, Miguel has the unique nailed down to a science.

Doesn't help when you have things like Spider-geddon that undermine Peter to prop others up, there are ways to implement it but I think Marvel hasn't done a good job so far.Really hope Beyond doesn't end w/ a "We are Spider-man" but rather about growth and uniqueness even under the same name.Isn't Miles's whole thing "be yourself"

I saw someone mention this elsewhere but in that future story from issue #30 Miles mentions fighting Taskmaster as well as the newly announced Queen Goblin. Perhaps others from this list will appear eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I saw someone mention this elsewhere but in that future story from issue #30 Miles mentions fighting Taskmaster as well as the newly announced Queen Goblin. Perhaps others from this list will appear eventually?
    Yeah, I recall Obsidian being one of the new villains supposed to be introduced in Spider-Man Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Well, whatever is coming up, I just hope Miles can kick Beyond's ass somehow. As far as Miles (and I) can tell, only Peter Parker (the real Spider-Man) can decide who can wear his name and mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, whatever is coming up, I just hope Miles can kick Beyond's ass somehow. As far as Miles (and I) can tell, only Peter Parker (the real Spider-Man) can decide who can wear his name and mask.
    Yeah, I'd like to see that, too. Maybe Miles, a recovered Peter, and Ben (who's come to realize Beyond is full of s*** and just using him) come together to take down Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I'd like to see that, too. Maybe Miles, a recovered Peter, and Ben (who's come to realize Beyond is full of s*** and just using him) come together to take down Beyond.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!
    Yes, indeed.

Huh, we never found out who hired Taskmaster to capture Tiana or what she was doing when she was ignoring Miles' calls.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Huh, we never found out who hired Taskmaster to capture Tiana or what she was doing when she was ignoring Miles' calls.
    I still think it was his grandfather, the Vulture.

Great! One of those situations where your need a bad guy to beat a worse bad guy. Question here is, which villain here is the worst?

I still think it was his grandfather, the Vulture.

Great! One of those situations where your need a bad guy to beat a worse bad guy. Question here is, which villain here is the worst?
    One tortures teenagers to experiment on and clone them and is said to be an evil algorithm born from and for exploitation. The other is a front for horrors from beyond this dimension. It's like Scylla and Charybdis, to borrow a mythological metaphor.

Astonishing Member

One tortures teenagers to experiment on and clone them and is said to be an evil algorithm born from and for exploitation. The other is a front for horrors from beyond this dimension. It's like Scylla and Charybdis, to borrow a mythological metaphor.
    Indeed. And sadly Ulisses had to pick the one that would cause the lesser bad: Scylla. He had to sacrifice part of his crew to save his ship and the rest of his crew.

By the way, I still don't get who the Beyond Corp really is; but its name always make me think about the Beyonder.

And if the analogy is apt it really goes to show how bad Assessor is. Which makes sense considering we still don't know who's pulling their strings.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Wow, have not read Miles in awhile but that is some cringe dialogue and bad art.