Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2259
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know who this character is, but I hope it won't be the only one. I would like to see more "mash-up" characters like this.
    Welp you kind of get your wish; it's a straight up Miles Morales mini series focusing on what if he was a legacy character for different heroes.

This new spin on the classic WHAT IF series will explore the Marvel Comics Multiverse and answer the question “What if Miles Morales followed in the footsteps of a Marvel hero other than Spider-Man?” Each issue, all-star creators will introduce the saga of a new version of Miles Morales and it all begins with writer Cody Ziglar, artist Paco Medina, and the friendly neighborhood… CAPTAIN AMERICA!

What if…Miles Morales had never been bitten by a genetically enhanced spider and became Spider-Man? What if instead…the U.S. government recruited, trained, and granted him incredible powers with the Super-Soldier Serum? What makes Miles a hero no matter the circumstances, no matter the reality?!

“I’m a supreme Miles stan and life-long Cap truther, so being asked to helm the kick off of this What If? series was a dream come true,” Ziglar said. “Simply can’t wait for folks to see our boy Miles yeet that shield and how he handles the mantle of Captain America.”

Stay tuned for more information on the other Miles Morales heroes readers will meet in this extraordinary new series including fascinating new versions of Wolverine, Thor, and Hulk designed by Paco Medina! Check out the main cover by Miles Morales co-creator Sara Pichelli below and be there when WHAT IF…MILES MORALES starts in March!
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 11-16-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hypothetically this is what if Miles was put through the Weapon X program. Although honestly, it wouldn't make sense for Miles to get the adamantium claws since the bone claws as part of Logan's actual mutation. If the issue links to his normal series I could imagine they link his experimentation at the hands of the Assessor to this.

------

Ha, just as I posted that Marvel finally released a statement. It's straight up a Miles Morales mini series.
    Well, I expected something more "complex" than just Miles Morales in differen heroes' shoes. Kinda reminds me those covers with Gwen and Mary Jane as other heroes. But anyway, this could be interesting. The Captain America's cover is cool, and having Starling as his "Falcon"/"Cap with wings" was a very smart move. Problem is, considering Miles' history as actually coming from the Ultimate Universe and now living in 616-Earth, how these stories will work? I mean, these Miles Morales will live in worlds similar to Ultimate Universe or 616-Earth? Or will they add the "moving to another dimension" factor to them?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, I expected something more "complex" than just Miles Morales in differen heroes' shoes. Kinda reminds me those covers with Gwen and Mary Jane as other heroes. But anyway, this could be interesting. The Captain America's cover is cool, and having Starling as his "Falcon"/"Cap with wings" was a very smart move. Problem is, considering Miles' history as actually coming from the Ultimate Universe and now living in 616-Earth, how these stories will work? I mean, these Miles Morales will live in worlds similar to Ultimate Universe or 616-Earth? Or will they add the "moving to another dimension" factor to them?
    I'd imagine they will just ignore the multiverse aspect. Like even now with Saladin Ahmed referencing the Ultimate Universe he only goes so far with it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Okay, Starling as Miles' Falcon is pretty great.

This is an interesting take on What If?, and I'm always happy to see Miles getting side projects show that Marvel is still invested in him. Even more impressive that it seems exclusive to him. I wonder how long it will be since they name Cap, Thor, Wolverine, and Hulk, but the article implies there will be others. As always it's great to see Sara Pichelli drawing Miles and it's in a great suit, it's also kinda funny that this makes Miles' second Captain America costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Eventually someone needs to make a Miles keeps meeting alternate universe version of hisself. Miles : Into the Spider-Verse.
    With this we've definitely got a solid base for a council of Miles or at least a team of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This is an interesting take on What If?, and I'm always happy to see Miles getting side projects show that Marvel is still invested in him. Even more impressive that it seems exclusive to him.
    Yes. I'm very happy that Miles is in the kind of position where Marvel feels comfortable doing something like this with him.

Thinking of a Miles "What If" I feel like the most natural one would be What If Miles joined up with Aaron when he first started using him to take over the New York underworld instead of fighting back, maybe becoming Prowler 3.

Mighty Member

This looks like it could be a fun mini-series.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Heh. Miles being Cap is funny. Still just a kid from Brooklyn. Want to see how his Thor and Hulk designs look.
    Edit: Cody Ziglar really likes writing Miles. This is his third time writing him in less than a year. Lol
    Last edited by Unspeakable Evil; 11-16-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Incredible Member

We've seen Miles wield the shield once or twice, but picking up Mjolnir? Probably the issue im looking forward to the most. Just seeing more adult Mileses(who aren't evil) os always a treat to see

I gotta be honest, this seems so random.

Like, okay, Miles is popular so now suddenly he gets to have every major Superhero identity...somehow? Like at least with Peter even his What Ifs involving other heroes tended to still be Spider-Related from what I remember.

I mean, if the stories are solid and it fits Miles' character and world still, great, but it just seems so random.

(Miles really is still the AU guy in-spite of everything ).

Niffleheim

Where is this set anyway? Prime or 1610? Because if it is Prime then that isn’t our Miles.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Miles Cap outfit is actually the same design as the variant cover minus the mask. If Starling is his Falcon , will we see similar things like Billie as his Laura/X-23? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Where is this set anyway? Prime or 1610? Because if it is Prime then that isn’t our Miles.
    I would say neither. But are all What-IF comics just offshoots of 616?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Miles Cap outfit is actually the same design as the variant cover minus the mask. If Starling is his Falcon , will we see similar things like Billie as his Laura/X-23? Lol
    You're right, and since the Wolverine look is so great it makes me curious how the other versions will look. For Thor he'll obviously have the hammer, but what will the more warrior like garb look like? And Hulk could be almost anything from just a big green dude to whatever kind of gamma mutate the artist wants. And Billie X-23 would be a nice touch.

Also since it seems like we'll get more than four what other hero versions of Miles would you all like to see? Personally I'd like to see Sorcerer Supreme Miles mostly because I just think it'd be cool to see Miles interacting with the supernatural.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    You're right, and since the Wolverine look is so great it makes me curious how the other versions will look. For Thor he'll obviously have the hammer, but what will the more warrior like garb look like? And Hulk could be almost anything from just a big green dude to whatever kind of gamma mutate the artist wants. And Billie X-23 would be a nice touch.

Also since it seems like we'll get more than four what other hero versions of Miles would you all like to see? Personally I'd like to see Sorcerer Supreme Miles mostly because I just think it'd be cool to see Miles interacting with the supernatural.
    Captain Marvel while finding some way to get Kamala in there.