Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Also is it just me or is this suit missing the webbing over it? Kinda looks a little undone without it.
    Yeah, this suit doesn't have a web pattern on it. I think it looks good without it. It's a very simplistic and clean look.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I wonder if we are slowly building to Miles getting his full on comic book accurate suit. It would lose the graffiti style of it though. So excited for this movie, Miguel looks awesome as he should and the environments look amazing. I was also wondering if we were getting Spider-Man India, seems like we are

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    A few screens of his new suit:

We shall see this in Spiderman 2 in two years
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Speaking of on unpopular stuff. These movies are seemingly the only ones to care about the Miles/Gwen ship. Gee I wonder why
    It is easier to do when you have both in the same movie and nowhere else.

Comic wise Gwen and Miles are NOT in the same book or even the same school. So there is no reason to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This movie single-handedly carrying the Miles/Gwen ship .

Well I love that ship so that's fine with me :P

I'm fine with different media switching it up. I like Miles/Gwen in the Spider-Verse films but I also loved him and Hailey in the Insomniac game

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is easier to do when you have both in the same movie and nowhere else.

Comic wise Gwen and Miles are NOT in the same book or even the same school. So there is no reason to do it.
    She hopped universes to attend college. Hopping universes to go on a date isn't a big thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She hopped universes to attend college. Hopping universes to go on a date isn't a big thing.
    A decision most fans dislike immensely.

I've already stated my take on the relationship and not talking about that now, Im talking about the college thing btw.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah, this suit doesn't have a web pattern on it. I think it looks good without it. It's a very simplistic and clean look.
    I saw the trailer once already, and I plan on sitting down and studying it today. I thought this costume reminded me of Miguel's, but I still love it off the first view. 4hen Miguel actually swung into Miles and I, a grown ass man, lost it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

I've already stated my take on the relationship and not talking about that now, Im talking about the college thing btw.
    I know, I'm just being an advocate for the idea. Using dimension hopping as a drawback is silly to me. Although it does give you an easy way to break them up if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Speaking of on unpopular stuff. These movies are seemingly the only ones to care about the Miles/Gwen ship. Gee I wonder why
    Fact is more people have watched, and will be watching the movies anyway so if the comics is noid about this ship, then who cares. I think it's great in the movie, and shows what real writing looks like. As opposed to bias minded people that will never admit they just don't like seeing a male of color with a white woman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I know, I'm just being an advocate for the idea. Using dimension hopping as a drawback is silly to me. Although it does give you an easy way to break them up if you want.
    Yeah ofc.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Fact is more people have watched, and will be watching the movies anyway so if the comics is noid about this ship, then who cares. I think it's great in the movie, and shows what real writing looks like. As opposed to bias minded people that will never admit they just don't like seeing a male of color with a white woman.
    Yes because everything is about race...

Many hardcore Miles fans dislike the ship, kinda wish I'd have bookmarked all those posts now.Also by your logic if viewership numbers is the only thing that counts then no one should care about Miles or Spider-Gwen since ITSV made the least amount of money as compared to all other Spider-man(Peter) movies...

Also the number of people on here who ship Miles w/ Lana Baumgartner (who is white IIRC) show that race isn't the problem here.

Some of the reasons people dislike the ship that I've seen and myself feel(maybe there are more, these are just of the top of my head):-

1)Miles dating an alt. version of Peter's dead girlfriend isn't unique.

2)They have no chemistry, unlike ITSV(where the execution is good) their comic romance was cliche-ridden and horribly executed

3)The age gap in comics is larger than the movies which was something they mentioned in the movie itself.

4)Gwen's earth is one of the best alt. Earths after 616 and the now not being used 1610.Sticking her in 616 specially w/ Miles takes what made her solos so good away from her.In the movies she's Miles supporting cast, but she's her own character in the comics.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 12-06-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

didnt she just started college. and isnt Miles supposed to be in senior year if I'm remembering his run correctly since he has like 2 birthdays already in his run. Either way the age difference between them is probably 3 years at most
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    didnt she just started college. and isnt Miles supposed to be in senior year if I'm remembering his run correctly since he has like 2 birthdays already in his run. Either way the age difference between them is probably 3 years at most
    I'm talking about her attending college in 616 here.As in she jumps to 616 to attend college, I wasn't addressing their relationship.

For their relationship:- they made a point of it in the movies and that was 6 months, not to mention 3 years at that age is a much bigger deal than say someone in their late twenties/early thirties.

Incredible Member

https://youtu.be/O6WVIWsAjBw

Nothing new on Miles' end but getting those NWH suits for Pete is nice.