Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2259
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Well that would be true for any Spider-Person or super-hero in general with a secret identity if a villain with a vendetta against them learned who they really are or what civvies they associate with whether inside or outside the costume.

In fact it happened to Peter during the Civil War story when he revealed his real identity to the world. Some criminal he caught in the past tried to shoot him when he was with Aunt May and MJ and, May took the bullet. And the chaos surrounding his identity being public was the main reason he made the deal with Mephisto for everyone to forget that led to One More Day.

And Miles changing is codename wouldn't stop villains like Kingpin, Goblin ect, from coming after him. Miles would still be associated with Peter and doing spider-hero stuff on his own so a crossover with villains would be inevitable.

Also remember villains like Kingpin and Green Goblin will go after anyone associated with their nemesis hero regardless of codename. Remember, when Norman Osborne became Red Goblin from the carnage symbiote he targeted not only Peter and Miles; but Silk, Anti-Venom, The Human Torch, and even members of his own family. Codenames or whether you where a hero or civilian didn't matter, if you where in Peter's or Osborn's circle of people close to them then he was coming after you.

Really the only way someone in-universe could confuse the two and who to go after is if they are a truly fresh faced new villain or thug that watches, reads, or listens to absolutely no news about the goings on in the super hero community in the city they are operating in. That or an alien villain new to earth or the 616 dimension.
    True enough, though it wasn't just some criminal who shot at Peter and hit Aunt May instead; it was a sniper hired by the Kingpin himself, who was more than satisfied when he found out the sniper had hit Aunt May, figuring that would send Peter a message about the dangers of having been a thorn in his side all those years. The beatdown that ensued in the prison where Fisk was about to leave, with Peter confronting him in the cloth version of the black suit and then taking off the mask, was a beautiful retort: "Message received. Here's one of my own."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True enough, though it wasn't just some criminal who shot at Peter and hit Aunt May instead; it was a sniper hired by the Kingpin himself, who was more than satisfied when he found out the sniper had hit Aunt May, figuring that would send Peter a message about the dangers of having been a thorn in his side all those years. The beatdown that ensued in the prison where Fisk was about to leave, with Peter confronting him in the cloth version of the black suit and then taking off the mask, was a beautiful retort: "Message received. Here's one of my own."
    This, also civil war tie-ins like X-factor ones showed criminals are very willing to hurt family members as some form of payback.Also Peter himself has used diff. identities when Spider-man was a target.

"Message received. Here's one of my own."

Damn that's a cold line.I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This, also civil war tie-ins like X-factor ones showed criminals are very willing to hurt family members as some form of payback.Also Peter himself has used diff. identities when Spider-man was a target.

Damn that's a cold line.I love it
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Thanks for the correction about it being a hired sniper. Been a long while since I read civil war so some details are a bit hazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Damn that's a cold line. I love it
    Very bad-ass Spider-Man moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Thanks for the correction about it being a hired sniper. Been a long while since I read civil war so some details are a bit hazy.

Very bad-ass Spider-Man moment.
    You're welcome, and it sure was.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I thought it was solid. It's basically along the lines of the past Voices anthologies so I would say how you feel about those should give you a good indicator if you think you'll like this one.

I would say the weird Omissions is neither Miguel O'Hara nor Sam Alexander get stories.
    Yeah, with Sam on the cover, you'd expect him to be somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The story with Anya was extremely disappointing imo.

They just sit and talk, but there's absolutely nothing unique about them being the protagonists. They could have easily use any other latino characters and it would be the same.

Very disappointing that this was the very first they had any sort of interaction in comics and it wasn't a particularly interesting story.
    Daft thing is, the story acts like Anya already knew Rio Morales, when this is the first time we've seen them together. She definitely knew Miles already though, due to Spider-Verse.

Also, Rio really shouldn't need teaching about the word "latinx". Has it never been mentioned at the hospital she works at? Come on! That story was also SO preachy. Ugh.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Daft thing is, the story acts like Anya already knew Rio Morales, when this is the first time we've seen them together. She definitely knew Miles already though, due to Spider-Verse.

Also, Rio really shouldn't need teaching about the word "latinx". Has it never been mentioned at the hospital she works at? Come on! That story was also SO preachy. Ugh.
    This, I didn't want to say it but it's so damn preachy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

That falls on the editor for NOT doing their job.

I would suspect that was done under the thought of this book (when collected) might be the first time someone reads about these characters. Especially with folks like Anya-who don't have a collection of trades.

I know some will say Sunspot is in New Mutants and so on-however not every book is sold or available everywhere. I can't go to my school district library and get a New Mutants trade or Sam Alexander's Nova runs.

But a book like Marvel Voices WILL be there. So as preachy as that story WAS-somebody wanted to PROVE Miles is part Latino and what Latinx was. Miles spoke more Spanish in that one book than in his previous solos. Heck I'm not sure he did that in the Jason Reynolds novel.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That falls on the editor for NOT doing their job.

I would suspect that was done under the thought of this book (when collected) might be the first time someone reads about these characters. Especially with folks like Anya-who don't have a collection of trades.

I know some will say Sunspot is in New Mutants and so on-however not every book is sold or available everywhere. I can't go to my school district library and get a New Mutants trade or Sam Alexander's Nova runs.

But a book like Marvel Voices WILL be there. So as preachy as that story WAS-somebody wanted to PROVE Miles is part Latino and what Latinx was. Miles spoke more Spanish in that one book than in his previous solos. Heck I'm not sure he did that in the Jason Reynolds novel.
    I do have that novel, by the way, along with the one that's a prequel for his videogame. That aside, I do see your point, and Anya does have some collections available. Her first run as Arana was collected in 3 digest-sized TPBs and then more recently rereleased with the first twelve issues, namely her debut arc in the Amazing Fantasy relaunch from 2004 and then the first six issues of her original series, Arana: Heart of the Spider. Just waiting for those last six issues and the one-shot that concluded her original series, Spider-Man/Arana: The Hunter Revealed to be rereleased, too.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I read Amazing #81 this morning and people were raising a big stink over nothing. What a shocker.

spoilers:
    Ben and Miles have the standard misunderstanding fight turn team up, because Miles assumes Ben is another person doing an impersonation as Selim had done to him. The monster of the week they fight turns out to be another victim of the Assessor so Miles decides to try and track him down and Ben has no interest in trying to enforce Beyond's "Trademark Infringement" and that gets him in hot water with Maxine.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So I read Amazing #81 this morning and people were raising a big stink over nothing. What a shocker.

spoilers:
    Ben and Miles have the standard misunderstanding fight turn team up, because Miles assumes Ben is another person doing an impersonation as Selim had done to him. The monster of the week they fight turns out to be another victim of the Assessor so Miles decides to try and track him down and Ben has no interest in trying to enforce Beyond's "Trademark Infringement" and that gets him in hot water with Maxine.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed none of them made the other look bad
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Better than that Conan issue.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Man you’d think Peter being in the hospital and a new Spider-Man would be a thing Miles would know about but it’s the first time he’s hearing about it .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Man you’d think Peter being in the hospital and a new Spider-Man would be a thing Miles would know about but it’s the first time he’s hearing about it .
    To be fair, I don't think Peter's hospitalization made the news, and it's not like MJ, Aunt May or even Felicia for that matter really know who Miles is.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Pretty much. Just the same ol' same ol' when Miles is involved.

As for today's issue of MM:SM, it was mostly setup but it looks like things are going to get kinda crazy next month. It was nice seeing Miles and Ganke talk for an extended amount of time, though, even if it was about 'business'.