Page 21 of 151 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Well, that was the best Miles Morales Spider-Man I ever saw. This was the smack-talking Miles that Ahmed went with. Miles on a rampage. Miles gets a Dragon free from the Symbiote. Knull underestimates Miles, and Boom! One Ms Marvel is now out of the Clan. To me, it was a huge showing for the Bendis Miles I always thought was pedestrian. I like smack-talk Miles in the face of major threats. Since Bendis brought Civil War 11 Miles into existence, it is great to see this character. Creds Ahmed. And Miles is a teenager, but he’s beginning to get, that adult tactics are creeping into his M.O. I’m seeing Miles approaching the Steve Ditko Spider-Man’s maturity in ASM #30.
    Well, if you enjoyed that, then I sincerely hope you stick around for the next few issues, at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for issue #26

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #26
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PREDATOR VARIANT COVER BY MATTIA DE IULIS
    THE CLONE SAGA CONTINUES!
    • Two Spider-Men find themselves face to face with the three terrifying clones.
    • Peter thought he knew what to expect out of a Clone Saga, but this one throws him for a loop and Miles into the deep end of the ocean.
    • Miles tries to keep his Spider-Side away from the rest of his life but this time he’s got no say in the matter.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    All things considered, don't your think Peter's clones (Ben and Kaine) should be involved in this story too? If it wasn't for the dimensional problem, I would like to add Ultimate Jessica Drew too.

That might be a bit overcrowded for a story that only takes place in one book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That might be a bit overcrowded for a story that only takes place in one book.
    Yes, I know. But either way, since Peter's were the first "Spider-Clones", I believe they would be interested to stop another mad scientist to play God with the DNA of another Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, I know. But either way, since Peter's were the first "Spider-Clones", I believe they would be interested to stop another mad scientist to play God with the DNA of another Spider-Man.
    If I'm being honest I'd rather Miles not travel the same ground Peter has. Still, I'll give the storyline a chance but it is not something I've been clamoring for.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    If I'm being honest I'd rather Miles not travel the same ground Peter has. Still, I'll give the storyline a chance but it is not something I've been clamoring for.
    I get your point, but I suppose being a Spider involves certain problems in your life, one of them is, if technology is advanced enough in its world, you have to deal with clones.

Miles already has a sibling. His baby sister. I hope that this doesn't end up with "Miles Davis" (or whatever) with the clone becoming yet another Scarlet Spider... bleh..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Miles already has a sibling. His baby sister. I hope that this doesn't end up with "Miles Davis" (or whatever) with the clone becoming yet another Scarlet Spider... bleh..
    I'm with you 100% on this one. *yuck*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    All things considered, don't your think Peter's clones (Ben and Kaine) should be involved in this story too? If it wasn't for the dimensional problem, I would like to add Ultimate Jessica Drew too.
    I actually thought when this was announced that Ultimate Jessica Drew would come back.

You’d think Miles’ wish to Molecule Man, would extend to her, since she was a big impact in his life.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I actually thought when this was announced that Ultimate Jessica Drew would come back.

You’d think Miles’ wish to Molecule Man, would extend to her, since she was a big impact in his life.
    I think that had to do with them trying to avoid actually having duplicates. I know U. Jessica Drew is a completely separate character from Jess, but it's like they wanted to avoid crossing that issue. Same reason Miles' first girlfriend, the Ultimate Kate Bishop, has more or less been exercised even though the stuff with her family was the last major story arc in his comic before Secret wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm with you 100% on this one. *yuck*
    I think it helps that all the clowns shown on the cover have been super deformed/mutated so I'm going to give Ahmed the benefit of the doubt and assume he's not going to go the Ben Reilly route. At best, I can see a OG-Kaine-esque clone sticking around.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 02-22-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I think that had to do with them trying to avoid actually having duplicates. I know U. Jessica Drew is a completely separate character from Jess, but it's like they wanted to avoid crossing that issue. Same reason Miles' first girlfriend, the Ultimate Kate Bishop, has more or less been exercised even though the stuff with her family was the last major story arc in his comic before Secret wars.
    Man, that arc felt so all over the place.

Miles' girlfirend parents are Hydra! She sells him out to her family! Human Fly Twins work for Latveria! Doom! Miles' friends come together and then end up doing nothing because he just Super Venom Blasts everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty awesome :0.

Extraordinary Member

Who do you think is Miles’ endgame pairing:

Barbara Rodriguez
    Lana Baumgartner
    Tiana Toomes
    Gwen Stacy
    Other?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Barbara Rodriguez
    Lana Baumgartner
    Tiana Toomes
    Gwen Stacy
    Other?
    He still hasn't had any long-lasting love interest so it's hard to tell.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thanks for sharing. This is pretty awesome.

Barbara Rodriguez
    Lana Baumgartner
    Tiana Toomes
    Gwen Stacy
    Other?
    Good question, though he's been around for a decade and is still a teenager at this point, so there's plenty of time and room for him to develop as a character before getting into who should be his endgame as a love interest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.