Page 24 of 151 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Probably a play on Web Spinning. Honestly surprised they didn't just go with "Spinner."

It's a better alias than Kid Arachnid or Spy-D at least.
    I'm surprised they haven't come up with something electricity based because that's his main other power.
    Yeah, that's what a lot of promotional material has been doing. Like even the current cartoon that you really hate most of the promotional art leading into it was just those three despite Anya also being a main character.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if the next mainline cartoon takes inspiration from the IDW book.
    Poor Anya .

I just want a solo Spider-Man cartoon but I know that's a pipe dream at this point.

BANNED

I think those three costumes are just the coolest ones. If Anya's mask design were like Gwen's and she had a hood, I bet she'd be featured more.

Heck, if Silk had Spider-Gwen's costume and didn't have the animal attraction thing, I bet she'd be getting the push.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think those three costumes are just the coolest ones. If Anya's mask design were like Gwen's and she had a hood, I bet she'd be featured more.

Heck, if Silk had Spider-Gwen's costume and didn't have the animal attraction thing, I bet she'd be getting the push.
    That reminds me of that look Anya had in the Avengers Assemble comic, which...didn't do much for me .

I mean, they pushed Silk fairly hard. I don't think a character can count on completely replicating another's costume.

Incredible Member

I dunno, i think i'd take Spy-D personally. Spy-D at least has some character to it, Spin is such nothing, you wouldn't even know its a Spider character, its Big Wheel and Overdrive levels of blah.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Not very consistent lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I dunno, i think i'd take Spy-D personally. Spy-D at least has some character to it, Spin is such nothing, you wouldn't even know its a Spider character, its Big Wheel and Overdrive levels of blah.
    I'd have to agree, none of them are great but it's just so meh. If they wanted a web thing personally I think weaver would have at least had some gravitas to it, I mean yeah it's a show for preschoolers, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, da hell kind of name is that??!! Shadow Spider would be light years better since they can't share it, but then that begs the question why not give Miles his own series.
    Also all of this, Shadow Spider has some basis in something and isn't either low effort or just flat out lame. And as you said just give him a series, he's got his own AAA game and an Oscar winning movie he's successful and recognizable enough for his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Also all of this, Shadow Spider has some basis in something and isn't either low effort or just flat out lame. And as you said just give him a series, he's got his own AAA game and an Oscar winning movie he's successful and recognizable enough for his own show.
    Sony could give him a series that shows Miles' regular Spider-Man adventures outside ITSV. Because of the nature of the movies we're probably not going to see him getting to do a lot of solo, standard, Spidey stuff otherwise.

I personally don't see Marvel doing a main Spider-Man cartoon anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sony could give him a series that shows Miles' regular Spider-Man adventures outside ITSV. Because of the nature of the movies we're probably not going to see him getting to do a lot of solo, standard, Spidey stuff otherwise.

I personally don't see Marvel doing a main Spider-Man cartoon anytime soon.
    That's a great idea that expands the universe and gives people more content. I also don't see them doing another main cartoon for a while either, with their recent attempts not being super well recieved.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That's a great idea that expands the universe and gives people more content. I also don't see them doing another main cartoon for a while either, with their recent attempts not being super well recieved.
    Mostly because they've just gone to the increasingly dry well of "teenage Peter Parker/Spider-Man," and unlike with Sony's Spectacular Spider-Man animated series (which did live up to its title), they've been awfully pedestrian due to laboring under what I presume is an "animation is for kids, so don't bother too much with complexity or depth of plot or character" mentality.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Something to look forward to this summer.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I guess the reason why this story got delayed for so long was that Marvel decided to run with the Heroes Reborn/Squadron Supreme storyline first.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So I guess the reason why this story got delayed for so long was that Marvel decided to run with the Heroes Reborn/Squadron Supreme storyline first.
    That would make sense. I'm hoping that pays off.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I doubt he appears tin the issue, but with Sam Wilson kind of being an amalgam of Gwen Stacy and Jason Todd, I guess that firmly places Miles as the Tim Drake expy in Heroes Reborn.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.