Page 27 of 151 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe she could be Ceres' sidekick/enforcer.
    That would work, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Yeah if she were to be brought in, connecting her to Ceres would probably be the best move. What with Tiana already being a granddaughter of Vulture I feel like it'd be weird to do with again with Phin.

Though based on Saladin's tweets around the time the game came out, I don't see him creating a Phin Mason in the comic. He was pretty staunch in wanting to keep the games, comic, and movie distinct from one another.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah if she were to be brought in, connecting her to Ceres would probably be the best move. What with Tiana already being a granddaughter of Vulture I feel like it'd be weird to do with again with Phin.

Though based on Saladin's tweets around the time the game came out, I don't see him creating a Phin Mason in the comic. He was pretty staunch in wanting to keep the games, comic, and movie distinct from one another.
    That's fair.

Which is pretty respectable, especially with how synergy-happy Marvel can be.

Would remembering Danika exists count as game synergy though ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is pretty respectable, especially with how synergy-happy Marvel can be.

Would remembering Danika exists count as game synergy though ?
    Maybe. Maybe not.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know, speaking of Danika, it makes Ganke getting with Barbara all the more weirder.

But you know, the same thing happened with Saladin's run on Kamala's book. Suddenly Gabe and Mike just dropped off the face of the earth. Mike only returned in the final issue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

You know, speaking of Danika, it makes Ganke getting with Barbara all the more weirder.

But you know, the same thing happened with Saladin's run on Kamala's book. Suddenly Gabe and Mike just dropped off the face of the earth. Mike only returned in the final issue.
    One word bubble, while lazy, would be all that Saladin needed to do to write her out, which is a shame because having your bestfriend's girlfriend also be your One-Woman Social Media Hype Machine is a fun supporting role to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    One word bubble, while lazy, would be all that Saladin needed to do to write her out, which is a shame because having your bestfriend's girlfriend also be your One-Woman Social Media Hype Machine is a fun supporting role to play around with.
    Definitely sounds like it would be fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That I feel is easy to work around.

"With the Raft being proven to be ineffective to the containment of holding supercriminals, Empire Unlimeted proposes a new system to confine them." What really matters is that he gets superpowers, not really that they come from superheroes.

As for not leaving an impression, characters gain more notoriety the more they're used. Simply keeping him in limbo won't improve his character. It's through continued use that bland characters like Doc Ock, Green Goblin, and Kraven the Hunter rose to prominence.
    Late reply for me, but I wanted to note how pleased I am to find someone else who appreciates and sees the potential of someone as filled with complexity and nuance like Regent. I know he was initially made for a Peter "What If" back during Secret Wars, but I always felt he fits in better and nicely as a Miles rogue/anti-villain-with-complicated-relations-to-the-hero character (from his second story). For as often as we get and praise comics' White takes on such characters, it was refreshing to have a Black take. And I feel he has just as much potential, were it only tapped into.

The only take I hope they stay away from is the Marvel's Spider-Man take, which shamelessly reduced Regent to little functioning more than a big Black villainous thug in a nice suit. That outing was extremely disappointing. Other than that, I'm all for Regent becoming a Miles Morales mainstay, including becoming a villain for Video Game Miles in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I dunno, i think i'd take Spy-D personally. Spy-D at least has some character to it, Spin is such nothing, you wouldn't even know its a Spider character, its Big Wheel and Overdrive levels of blah.
    Overdrive's a cool name, though, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Late reply for me, but I wanted to note how pleased I am to find someone else who appreciates and sees the potential of someone as filled with complexity and nuance like Regent. I know he was initially made for a Peter "What If" back during Secret Wars, but I always felt he fits in better and nicely as a Miles rogue/anti-villain-with-complicated-relations-to-the-hero character (from his second story). For as often as we get and praise comics' White takes on such characters, it was refreshing to have a Black take. And I feel he has just as much potential, were it only tapped into.

The only take I hope they stay away from is the Marvel's Spider-Man take, which shamelessly reduced Regent to little functioning more than a big Black villainous thug in a nice suit. That outing was extremely disappointing. Other than that, I'm all for Regent becoming a Miles Morales mainstay, including becoming a villain for Video Game Miles in the future.
    In Slott's stories Regent was mostly just a means to an end as a story device and pretty much overshadowed by other elements in the story he was in. Another writer like Ahmed could probably do more with him and utilize his possible character potential, if they see it. It's not like he had anything personal with Peter so you probably could slide him into Miles' story if you were so inclined (I think Miles' story in the ASM relaunch led more directly into the Regent story, come to think of it).

The only thing I remember about Regent from the cartoon was they replaced his family with his dad being some random criminal arrested by Superheroes to justify his grudge, him framing his assistant, it being extremely obvious he was Regent the whole time, and being voiced by Imari Williams. Although they arguably put more work into establishing him than they did with some of the bigger names in the Rogues Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

That's actually a good point, and a good writer could delve more into how Regent's grudge against superheroes was ultimately a grudge against all superpowered people after his family was killed in the crossfire of a battle between the Avengers and the Masters of Evil, insofar as while supervillains were more overtly antisocial in how they used their abilities, the superheroes were in his view not much better, if not even worse, for their "pretensions" of heroism as innocent civilians suffered and died in the wake of their never-ending battles with the forces of evil. Then again, I'm a sucker for stories that interrogate common definitions of heroism and invite us to consider and debate what exactly a hero is or should be, and what being a hero actually means, and if written and handled better compared to before, Regent could provide an avenue for something like that.

Here's the solicit for issue #27

MILE MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #27
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER
    BY ROSE BESCH
    THE CLONE SAGA CONTINUES!
    The secrets and origins of the clones are revealed and the truth is horrifying. This is the issue you won't forget any time soon, and neither will Miles.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for issue #27
    Norman.... is that you?

If Jordan Peel was to ever do an animated version of Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Norman.... is that you?

If Jordan Peel was to ever do an animated version of Psycho.
    As in Norman Bates? Cool reference.