Page 31 of 151 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That probably has more to do with Peter's perpetually getting stuck as the "Everyman" (allegedly, at this point) who can't keep his life straight then any malicious "disrespect" of the character, because that, alas, seems to be what is preferred of Peter's Spider-Man in general. That's often what's considered to be normal for Peter.
    He's one of the smartest people on the planet.The part where he got the grandma Bday card was everyman.Him being a dumbass man-child is slott character assasination.The table crash isn't that bad but that's all we have got of Pete so I have nothing else to base my opinion of.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he also break Miles' computer?

I get why they did it, but him passing the case onto Miles because "oh hey, this is your neck of the woods so it doesn't need to be my problem" kind of felt off to me and only there because, obviously, Peter can't resolve something in Miles' book.

Issue #10, I think.
    This,Pete would never put this on Miles specially on his Birthday.If anything he would help him so that he could enjoy his day as he knows how it feels to have spider-man interfering the happy moments of his civilian life.But noooo(insert monica thanksgiving no),we can't have an in-character Pete who is smart,compassionate and understanding.We need more Pete mentoring Miles and other Supes in general.A missed oppurtunity was Pete teaching Cindy but they flipped that on it's head and turned it into Pete being dumb and Cindy being a Mary Sue.I get tired of saying this but Pete is not an immature man-child,Slott wrote his as one.If anything he matured and learned about power and responsibility and consequences at an early age and was a more mature teen than most adults are(even in the superhero community).

Yeah, where was Peter during Outlawed? He didn't appear in the original one-shot, despite the fact he was a teen hero himself and thus would've been on their side. Captain America supported the Champions for exactly that reason, he enlisted as a teenager, was only 18 when he became Cap. Peter just doesn't get the same respect Steve does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he also break Miles' computer?

I get why they did it, but him passing the case onto Miles because "oh hey, this is your neck of the woods so it doesn't need to be my problem" kind of felt off to me and only there because, obviously, Peter can't resolve something in Miles' book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This,Pete would never put this on Miles specially on his Birthday.If anything he would help him so that he could enjoy his day as he knows how it feels to have spider-man interfering the happy moments of his civilian life.But noooo(insert monica thanksgiving no),we can't have an in-character Pete who is smart,compassionate and understanding.We need more Pete mentoring Miles and other Supes in general.A missed oppurtunity was Pete teaching Cindy but they flipped that on it's head and turned it into Pete being dumb and Cindy being a Mary Sue.I get tired of saying this but Pete is not an immature man-child,Slott wrote his as one.If anything he matured and learned about power and responsibility and consequences at an early age and was a more mature teen than most adults are(even in the superhero community).
    I just checked the issue and he didn't do any of that.

He popped into his room to wish him a happy birthday and accidentally knocked his desk over. Gave him some advice, and then had to leave to stop a crime.

That was the extent of Pete's cameo. No "lol I'm too much of a man child to clean up my messes." It was "I got my hands full, so can you check in on this issue since it's happening in your neighborhood?" I don't see how it can be read as disrespecting Pete or trying to make him look bad.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 03-30-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...12109343178756

Hey that brought the Advanced Tech Suit! Not only does this bring Miles' suit count to a clean 20, it now makes the Funko Pop of the same suit a less bizzare choice lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

He popped into his room to wish him a happy birthday and accidentally knocked his desk over. Gave him some advice, and then had to leave to stop a crime.

That was the extent of Pete's cameo. No "lol I'm too much of a man child to clean up my messes." It was "I got my hands full, so can you check in on this issue since it's happening in your neighborhood?" I don't see how it can be read as disrespecting Pete or trying to make him look bad.
    He still kind of made an unnecessary mess of Miles' room.

And I guess he's fighting the Savage Six on a daily basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

Hey that brought the Advanced Tech Suit! Not only does this bring Miles' suit count to a clean 20, it now makes the Funko Pop of the same suit a less bizzare choice lol
    I always thought it was weird they left it at 19, it also explains why the Advanced Suit design that had been put up on art station got taken down. I like the suit even more now seeing it in the game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I always thought it was weird they left it at 19, it also explains why the Advanced Suit design that had been put up on art station got taken down. I like the suit even more now seeing it in the game.
    Same here. Pretty cool that Miles gets his own Advanced Suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

.... Who is the savage six?

what part of Brooklyn is ESU's engineering satellite campus?

What part of Brooklyn is Miles' high school? How far away is his home?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... Who is the savage six?

what part of Brooklyn is ESU's engineering satellite campus?

What part of Brooklyn is Miles' high school? How far away is his home?
    Vulture's Sinister Six (Rhino, Scorpion, Tarantula, Stegron, King Cobra, Vulture).

That can't have been the roster by then. Didn't Rhino heel face turn? He helped Miles and Cap rescue some kids.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

As the guy mentioned above,he made a mess of the room(despite having decades of experience of doing this silently) and dumped a mission on him on his birthday.I agree that this itself isn't a big deal but this all we have to go off.This run has had a lot of fluff and should have had Spiderman make more cameos.Specially when we have time for Cap and Ms Marvel.Spiderman should also be a major part of outlawed since he was the OG teen vigilante.Same with Dark Reign, both events should have had Pete in a main role since one is literally his nemesis and the other is something that he was the first off.Time will tell whether this clone saga will honor pete but my hopes aren't high.

Incredible Member

With all the events Peter is already shoehorned into, i really don't need him taking up Miles' solo book too, save it for Spider-Mens or the occasional team-up that Clone Saga seems its going to be( or give us a book dedicated to them together, Marvel, come on.)

And as far Outlawed is concerned, while Peter's word could mean alot in lending the Teens support, its important to remember Peter being a teen hero is not public knowledge(er, anymore.) And him simply saying he was doesn't mean squat if he wants his stance to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That can't have been the roster by then. Didn't Rhino heel face turn? He helped Miles and Cap rescue some kids.
    That was before Hunted, I think.
    With all the events Peter is already shoehorned into, i really don't need him taking up Miles' solo book too, save it for Spider-Mens or the occasional team-up that Clone Saga seems its going to be( or give us a book dedicated to them together, Marvel, come on.)

And as far Outlawed is concerned, while Peter's word could mean alot in lending the Teens support, its important to remember Peter being a teen hero is not public knowledge(er, anymore.) And him simply saying he was doesn't mean squat if he wants his stance to be taken seriously.
    We saw what happened when he tried to help Gwen out.

Astonishing Member

This is one of the things I find confusing about 616 Miles and Insomniac Miles. Everyone somehow knows he is a kid, but how do they know that? No one ever suspected that Peter was a kid under that mask when he was the same age as Miles.