Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    This is one of the things I find confusing about 616 Miles and Insomniac Miles. Everyone somehow knows he is a kid, but how do they know that? No one ever suspected that Peter was a kid under that mask when he was the same age as Miles.
    I never thought about that before but you're right. Based on height, build, and a full body costume there's no reason for anyone to assume he's not an adult.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    With all the events Peter is already shoehorned into, i really don't need him taking up Miles' solo book too, save it for Spider-Mens or the occasional team-up that Clone Saga seems its going to be( or give us a book dedicated to them together, Marvel, come on.)

And as far Outlawed is concerned, while Peter's word could mean alot in lending the Teens support, its important to remember Peter being a teen hero is not public knowledge(er, anymore.) And him simply saying he was doesn't mean squat if he wants his stance to be taken seriously.
    what events.he wasn't involved in Empyre,he didn't even get his tie-in.In events he is present in he is just a background cameo and is not given a substantial role.In King in Black he has a minimal role even though none of this would be happening without him.Also Spiderman never got his codex removed but it looks like they will just gloss over that.It could have been cool to see Spider-man entering the Hive using the codex.
    Also miles and Ms marvel already know who Spider-man is.It is common knowledge in the superhero community that he started of young.I don't mean leagal support.I meant he needs to be present even if it just helping them outside the law like cyclops.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 03-31-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I never thought about that before but you're right. Based on height, build, and a full body costume there's no reason for anyone to assume he's not an adult.
    My theory is that seeing Miles and Pete side by side really shows the difference.Spidey grows stronger with age and New York has already seen him as a teen.

This is one of the things I find confusing about 616 Miles and Insomniac Miles. Everyone somehow knows he is a kid, but how do they know that? No one ever suspected that Peter was a kid under that mask when he was the same age as Miles.
    For 616 Miles, he's part of a team of teenage superheroes so that gives away his age.

For Insomniac Miles maybe it was because he was wearing normal clothes with a Spider-Man mask while Peter was training him?

Well, I remember about Ultimate Miles being 13 (?) when he started out which is even younger than Peter's ever started out, so his age was more apparent.

I don't know if that's still canon to 616 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    For 616 Miles, he's part of a team of teenage superheroes so that gives away his age.

For Insomniac Miles maybe it was because he was wearing normal clothes with a Spider-Man mask while Peter was training him?
    Being a Champion doesn't actually reveal his age. There's no upper age limit, and Silk, who is Peter's age, was once a Reinforcement Member (i.e. reserve), though she seems to have dropped out when the New Agents of Atlas were formed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Being a Champion doesn't actually reveal his age. There's no upper age limit, and Silk, who is Peter's age, was once a Reinforcement Member (i.e. reserve), though she seems to have dropped out when the New Agents of Atlas were formed.
    Silk is more of an outlier as far as the Champions are concerned, at the very least its more likely Miles would be on the younger side than older.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    what events.he wasn't involved in Empyre,he didn't even get his tie-in.In events he is present in he is just a background cameo and is not given a substantial role.In King in Black he has a minimal role even though none of this would be happening without him.Also Spiderman never got his codex removed but it looks like they will just gloss over that.It could have been cool to see Spider-man entering the Hive using the codex.
    Also miles and Ms marvel already know who Spider-man is.It is common knowledge in the superhero community that he started of young.I don't mean leagal support.I meant he needs to be present even if it just helping them outside the law like cyclops.
    Im sure i don't need to explain why Miles and
    Kamala knowing Peter's identity doesn't matter. Nor anyone else for that matter. And what is Peter gonna do? He doesn't have a nation behind him(which Cyclops himself had to bluff about) he has no major resources or places of escape, and him actively helping them on the frontlines would make him just as bad as the champions themselves through kamala's law if not done officially.

Kamala and Peter do not know each others identities. They found them out due to a body swap in Marvel Team-Up, but forgot when they were put back in their own bodies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Im sure i don't need to explain why Miles and
    Kamala knowing Peter's identity doesn't matter. Nor anyone else for that matter. And what is Peter gonna do? He doesn't have a nation behind him(which Cyclops himself had to bluff about) he has no major resources or places of escape, and him actively helping them on the frontlines would make him just as bad as the champions themselves through kamala's law if not done officially.
    When has Peter ever felt the need to abide by the law to do what's right.You keep bringing up legal help but that is not what I am talking about.He could have helped them brake out of cradle and even help sway public opinion since the people of new york have grown to understand that Spiderman is a hero[/I]

Spectacular Member

He's one of the smartest people on the planet.The part where he got the grandma Bday card was everyman.Him being a dumbass man-child is slott character assasination.The table crash isn't that bad but that's all we have got of Pete so I have nothing else to base my opinion of.
    Who cares, this is Miles book not Peters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Who cares, this is Miles book not Peters.
    In which Peter is starring as seen by the trailer and solicits.Also Miles is related to Peter in comic book stuff since they are part of the same family which Peter started or is leading(He is the OG).I don't much care how much he is featured but if he is I want him to be done right.I don't want him to be used as a means to make Miles look better.I(and some others i assume) will read the issues for Peter,not Miles.In their team-ups Pete has always been downplayed to make miles look better.In spider-men 1 he lost to miles despite years of experience and better tech.In spider-men 2 he misses stationary targets with his webs and hits Miles instead.Also read the Spider-men vs blackheart stuff where they have Miles dodging things that knoncked out Pete and beating blackheart single-handly with venom blast which an entire avengers team could not.Although I like the current run(I read it because someone recommended it) I feel like if they want to steal an idea from Spiderman and use Spiderman in the story for it they better use him right.

Astonishing Member

In which Peter is starring as seen by the trailer and solicits.Also Miles is related to Peter in comic book stuff since they are part of the same family which Peter started or is leading(He is the OG).I don't much care how much he is featured but if he is I want him to be done right.I don't want him to be used as a means to make Miles look better.I(and some others i assume) will read the issues for Peter,not Miles.In their team-ups Pete has always been downplayed to make miles look better.In spider-men 1 he lost to miles despite years of experience and better tech.In spider-men 2 he misses stationary targets with his webs and hits Miles instead.Also read the Spider-men vs blackheart stuff where they have Miles dodging things that knoncked out Pete and beating blackheart single-handly with venom blast which an entire avengers team could not.Although I like the current run(I read it because someone recommended it) I feel like if they want to steal an idea from Spiderman and use Spiderman in the story for it they better use him right.
    I would add that at this point, Peter and Miles have interacted so little that Peter maybe spending a bit of time in Miles' book can actually help Miles. It would help to further differentiate him from Peter, and it would be Miles-centric on top of that.

If Peter sticks around in Miles' book forever it would be more problematic, but I like the idea of him showing up there for a bit.

My theory is that seeing Miles and Pete side by side really shows the difference.Spidey grows stronger with age and New York has already seen him as a teen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

These make the most sense.

Also I guess this isn't applicable to Insomniac Miles, but maybe 616 Miles is a bit like MCU Spider-Man in the sense that his voice hasn't dropped.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 04-01-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Niffleheim

In most interior art I have seen Miles in custom looks lanky and his body looks like it hasn't filled out.

Here's a bit of concept art of the clones