Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If the Miles Morales game had a sequel, how would you feel if Regent was the main antagonist.

The PS4 universe seems to mostly be focusing on classic Spider-Man rogues as Peter's main antagonists, so there really isn't much room for a villain like Regent in Peter's story.

That being said, he could easily work in Miles's story.
    Hmmmm I could see working as the main villain of the next game or even as the main antagonist of spiderverse 2. They could could just alter it to where he steals the powers of all the spidey villains and spidermen&women in multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    lol that was adorable

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Regent didn't exactly leave a strong impression on me TBH. His whole M.O. as well was stealing the powers of other super heroes, and I don't really see the game focusing on a plot of other super heroes getting kidnapped.
    That I feel is easy to work around.

"With the Raft being proven to be ineffective to the containment of holding supercriminals, Empire Unlimeted proposes a new system to confine them." What really matters is that he gets superpowers, not really that they come from superheroes.

As for not leaving an impression, characters gain more notoriety the more they're used. Simply keeping him in limbo won't improve his character. It's through continued use that bland characters like Doc Ock, Green Goblin, and Kraven the Hunter rose to prominence.

This reminds me of Regent turning up in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon. It seemed kind of random aside from him being a Slott character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of Regent turning up in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon. It seemed kind of random aside from him being a Slott character.
    It's really funny. He's only ever an event-type character. If they actually built up to him, it might've actually worked out but nope. Supervillains are just things to check off.

My guess for the next Miles game villain... I'm not sure. It would probably have to be someone with minions to facilitate bases and/or add flavor to the boss fights. I don't know if Miles has many crime boss style villains, but I can maybe picture the Assessor or Techno Golem.

I could see Assessor working, but Tomoe would probably be too close to Tinkerer to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I could see Assessor working, but Tomoe would probably be too close to Tinkerer to use.
    Yeah, especially with the gender-flip and tech abilities.

Yeah, who else does Miles have? They can't use Ultimatum as they can't use the Avengers, whose powers he stole. Regent's out of the running for similar reasons, he doesn't work when there's no non-Spider heroes to capture and power copy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, who else does Miles have? They can't use Ultimatum as they can't use the Avengers, whose powers he stole. Regent's out of the running for similar reasons, he doesn't work when there's no non-Spider heroes to capture and power copy.
    If Tinkerer is anything to go by, Miles can literally face off against anyone they haven't used yet, just change a few things, put a new spin on an old take and presto, villian for Miles.

Extraordinary Member

Ceres, Sinister Syndicate, Assessor, both Bombshells, Sandman, Hobgoblin

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    If Tinkerer is anything to go by, Miles can literally face off against anyone they haven't used yet, just change a few things, put a new spin on an old take and presto, villian for Miles.
    I think there's probably a better likelihood of taking one of Peter's lesser prominent main villains to use for Miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ceres, Sinister Syndicate, Assessor, both Bombshells, Sandman, Hobgoblin
    Ceres would be too similar to Tinkerer, besides she's not really a physical threat.

It was a waste to not use the Bombshells but they probably didn't want to pack the game too much.

Sandman will probably appear in the next Peter game.

I don't think this is going to be another instance of Hobgoblin appearing before the Green Goblin does, so we'll have to wait for that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

One thing I was hoping that this last game was going to do was adapt the Roxxon storyline from the Ultimate Comics, with them being (in)directly responsible for the powers of Miles, Cloak & Dagger, and Bombshell.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

There's always a Spider-Verse game.....