Page 40 of 151 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    .......yes, i would hope a character thats been around for decades would be compared to a character that hasn't even properly debuted yet. Wut???
    and by the description selim sounds like a knock off kaine.I would much rather have they try something new in both the stories and charetcers for miles

Extraordinary Member

Read the issue.
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

The good:The dialogue is good.Art is nice.The clones don't look too similar to each other(like clones LOL).Nice pacing.I want to know more about the weird man-spider type dude.Spider-man and miles fighting the Milercide was good.

The bad:I am not a fan of how they portray the fights.In canon with their current age and feats peter would whoop miles.Also they are forcing a running theme of miles being able to survive much more than peter where as the opposite is true.I hope the ganke barbara stuff doesn't ruin Miles and Ganke's friendship.Spidercide and kaine vibes from the 2 clones.

Going to buy the next issue.I want to see Peter and Miles kick ass as a team.Maybe some mentoring on the fly.Maybe a revist to the 1610 and Peter using his brains.
    Also i realize i complain a lot about Peter here.i am sorry for that.i know this is a miles book so they will make him look as good as they can even at the expense of others.

Incredible Member

Carmen's art does not miss. Was pretty nice seeing Ganke be Miles' right hand man again, even if the relationship nonsense kinda spoiled it. Not wasting anytime getting into the Spider Royal Rumble. Peter and Miles being Peter and Miles together is still fun as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Read the issue.
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

The good:The dialogue is good.Art is nice.The clones don't look too similar to each other(like clones LOL).Nice pacing.I want to know more about the weird man-spider type dude.Spider-man and miles fighting the Milercide was good.

The bad:I am not a fan of how they portray the fights.In canon with their current age and feats peter would whoop miles.Also they are forcing a running theme of miles being able to survive much more than peter where as the opposite is true.I hope the ganke barbara stuff doesn't ruin Miles and Ganke's friendship.Spidercide and kaine vibes from the 2 clones.

Going to buy the next issue.I want to see Peter and Miles kick ass as a team.Maybe some mentoring on the fly.Maybe a revist to the 1610 and Peter using his brains.
    Also i realize i complain a lot about Peter here.i am sorry for that.i know this is a miles book so they will make him look as good as they can even at the expense of others.
    well if you makes you feel any better Peter also got bested by Conan today.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So Conan is 2-0 against Spider-People.

Felicia is the only one who was able to get one over on him.

Extraordinary Member

Well Peter put up a great fight.And it was Rhino and Conan.And he used a police officer as a hostage(bait?).And Conan ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Conan is 2-0 against Spider-People.

Felicia is the only one who was able to get one over on him.
    In a sense he beat peter twice

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Also does selim have blades stuck to his hands?

Extraordinary Member

What do you mean?

Extraordinary Member

I think so.Although they do look like handheld knives

Not a bad start as far as the clone stuff goes everything seems focused and since we have an ending already solicited we don't have to worry about anything dragging on. My only major complaints is the stuff with Ganke, but that's already been discussed. The bonus story was fun and the Bumbler made for a funny one off.

Also, is anyone else getting the feeling Ahmed been making Miles a bit aggressive recently? I mean stuff like what happened with the Green Goblin and Hammerhead back during Bendis' run is fine with me because that's just Miles being super protective of his loved ones. The stuff with Ganke, the scummy landlord, and even today spoilers:
    with the already restrained clone
    end of spoilers feels like a bit much.
    I don't think so but it makes me wonder where they come from. Are they just regular knives he keeps on him or is blade generation his own unique ability?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Not a bad start as far as the clone stuff goes everything seems focused and since we have an ending already solicited we don't have to worry about anything dragging on. My only major complaints is the stuff with Ganke, but that's already been discussed. The bonus story was fun and the Bumbler made for a funny one off.

Also, is anyone else getting the feeling Ahmed been making Miles a bit aggressive recently? I mean stuff like what happened with the Green Goblin and Hammerhead back during Bendis' run is fine with me because that's just Miles being super protective of his loved ones. The stuff with Ganke, the scummy landlord, and even today spoilers:

I don't think so but it makes me wonder where they come from. Are they just regular knives he keeps on him or is blade generation his own unique ability?
    Yeah,calling it a saga was just for the cash grab.
    Same here.Miles has been aggressive in this run.Reminds me of the jerk peter era.
    Also does anyone find it funny that many people complain about giving miles his own villains and we got Miles from the 616 and now the clones.Miles has been fighting himself since he came to the 616 XD

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Feels like ahmed is setting up for Miles anger to be a bubble that is probably gonna pop. Probably still holding on to some anger and guilt over what happened to Aaron.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    What do you mean?
    Back in Conan: Battle for the Serpent Crown #2, Conan was in Las Vegas, where Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider happened to have been residing. He was holding his own at first, but got hit with a distraction that gave Conan an opening --- and as the experienced fighter that Conan was, Conan took advantage of that opening to knock Scarlet out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Feels like ahmed is setting up for Miles anger to be a bubble that is probably gonna pop. Probably still holding on to some anger and guilt over what happened to Aaron.
    That would make sense. Aaron, whatever else he might have been in his life, was an important and beloved figure in Miles's life, and there was a lot still left unsaid between them. Of course there's gonna be a lot of grief, trauma, and rage for Miles to resolve, and hopefully he gets the help he needs in that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Back in Conan: Battle for the Serpent Crown #2, Conan was in Las Vegas, where Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider happened to have been residing. He was holding his own at first, but got hit with a distraction that gave Conan an opening --- and as the experienced fighter that Conan was, Conan took advantage of that opening to knock Scarlet out.

That would make sense. Aaron, whatever else he might have been in his life, was an important and beloved figure in Miles's life, and there was a lot still left unsaid between them. Of course there's gonna be a lot of grief, trauma, and rage for Miles to resolve, and hopefully he gets the help he needs in that.
    Oh ok.Ben and Peter are 2 different people imo but I see what you are saying.Thanks