Page 42 of 151 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thats what is said.Spider-UK has ties with Saturyne and brought them all together so he knows what he is talking about.Madame Web and Cable are also reliable sources.
    Ok. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It was when 616 Spider-man was recruited into the army to fight the inheritors.He(Spider-UK) said they(The other Spiders) needed him(Spider-man 616) because he(Spider-man 616) was the best of us.He has relations with saturyne as well.
    I mean to keep it simple it's cause he is created first therefore he matter the most. Cause I remember reading the event and was wondering what reason they will give to make Peter the leader of the alternate spider man instead of doc ock. And the reason they gave is cause he beat Morlun already and nothing else. I wanted something a little more special
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean to keep it simple it's cause he is created first therefore he matter the most. Cause I remember reading the event and was wondering what reason they will give to make Peter the leader of the alternate spider man instead of doc ock. And the reason they gave is cause he beat Morlun already and nothing else. I wanted something a little more special
    Funny enough, Spider Wars in the 90s TAS did a better job of explaining Peter's role as the leader of the alternate Spider-Men, insofar as his inner struggles throughout the series enabled him to make a connection with the final enemy of the series --- literally himself, just with even more tragedy heaped upon him to the point of going insane and trying to annihilate reality itself out of spite --- and help stop his rampage. Given that this thread is about Miles, though, I'd say Into the Spider-Verse combining Spider-Verse with Spider-Men and Miles's origin did a great job as well, if not even better, and what links it with Spider Wars is that both use the Multiverse as a mechanism to explore the emotional journey and character growth of their respective main Spider-Men.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Not to mention with Spider-Geddon, while Pete handled Morlun(once again) it was the combined efforts of Miles and Otto that put a more prompt end to the Inheritors, with the exception of as you can imagine, Morlun lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Spider Wars in the 90s TAS did a better job of explaining Peter's role as the leader of the alternate Spider-Men, insofar as his inner struggles throughout the series enabled him to make a connection with the final enemy of the series --- literally himself, just with even more tragedy heaped upon him to the point of going insane and trying to annihilate reality itself out of spite --- and help stop his rampage. Given that this thread is about Miles, though, I'd say Into the Spider-Verse combining Spider-Verse with Spider-Men and Miles's origin did a great job as well, if not even better, and what links it with Spider Wars is that both use the Multiverse as a mechanism to explore the emotional journey and character growth of their respective main Spider-Men.
    I think the main difference is that Peter's story is one of guilt,resposibility,etc. whereas Miles's story is about legacy.That is why miles doesn't work in the 616.His story is about living up to the guy who he could have saved but didn't.Not to say that he can't be part of crossovers,because he should be.But being in the 616 ruins him for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Not to mention with Spider-Geddon, while Pete handled Morlun(once again) it was the combined efforts of Miles and Otto that put a more prompt end to the Inheritors, with the exception of as you can imagine, Morlun lol.
    That story was a mess.I know its canon.The entire bride and Kaine and the baby with the weaver was weird.Also Jesssica being part of the web makes no sense.Otto's plan with the cloning wasn't a satisfying one and Miles getting the enigma force didn't feel earned(not saying he should not have got it, just maybe later in his timeline or have him earn it rather than make it a taunt).Although the Fight between morlun and Peter and the ending with Spider-gwen in Spectacular Spider-man is *Chef's kiss*.Perfect depiction of Peter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    More or less and as it should be.That and he has done way more than the others.I don't like that they made the inheritors a race.Morlun was great though and (all their)their fights were out of this world.

A few pages from the graphic novel coming out next month
    https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...ablo-leon.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Art style definitely looks ITSV-inspired. I like the focus on Rio .

Extraordinary Member

I have made it very clear that(imo) Miles does not belong in the 616 but if he is to stay here we need more moments like these in the comics.Art is also cool

Cover for the Infinite Destinies annual

Cover for the Infinite Destinies annual
    Amulet looking pretty cool .

Mighty Member

Pablo Leon's art is cute and yep it does seems inspired by ITSV.

Glad to see Reynolds writing Miles again.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Pablo Leon's art is cute and yep it does seems inspired by ITSV.

Glad to see Reynolds writing Miles again.
    Unfortunately this is not the same Reynolds from the Miles Morales: Spider-Man novel. That was Jason Reynolds, and the one writing this graphic novel is Justin A. Reynolds. Still looking forward to seeing what this writer and artist can bring to the character though.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 05-12-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Unfortunately this is not the same Reynolds from the Miles Morales: Spider-Man novel. That was Jason Reynolds, and the one writing this graphic novel is Justin A. Reynolds. Still looking forward to seeing what this writer and artist can bring to the character though.
    It looks good from the preview.Hopes are high