Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup.Again it should have been Pete and Miles having that talk but whatever.
    That is an interesting theory.Do Miles and Quantum really have the same number.I will have to double check.Also don't they have different skin colours.Doesn't make much sense chronologically though.
    Again I said they missed a great chance for a switch in the previous issue.
    Again the space stone finding miles makes sense since he is one of the only people not from the 616.That and the fact that 1610 may be coming back makes a lot of sense.
    Also the fact that they made a portal to 1610 in his run.
    If they do this I really hope Miles and all the clones go back to the 1610.I don't want them to send clones to 1610 and let miles stay here or vice-versa.
    Why would you want Miles to go back?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why would you want Miles to go back?
    Multiple reasons.I'll give a few here(can't keep typing all of these so many times lol):-
    1.He serves no real purpose in 616.His entire thing was to carry on a legacy of someone dead.He has no real future here.
    2.He will have more space to breathe in 1610.
    3.New and more interesting status quo.
    4.A chance to establish a consistent supporting cast while reintroducing old characters.

Multiple reasons.I'll give a few here(can't keep typing all of these so many times lol):-
    1.He serves no real purpose in 616.His entire thing was to carry on a legacy of someone dead.He has no real future here.
    4.A chance to establish a consistent supporting cast while reintroducing old characters.
    Well, he has his Ahmed supporting cast now along with all the Champions characters.

Ultimate Member

How does he serve no purpose?

I don't totally disagree with the rest of your points, but I don't think it's necessarily enough to make me want him to go back to 1610. Idk if he'd get as much development there, and he'd be disconnected from 616, where all the major development is going on.

Extraordinary Member

How does he serve no purpose?

I don't totally disagree with the rest of your points, but I don't think it's necessarily enough to make me want him to go back to 1610. Idk if he'd get as much development there, and he'd be disconnected from 616, where all the major development is going on.
    I mean he lacks character motivation.His origin is basically meaningless(not entirely but it has lost most of its weight).His major character development with Venom and his Mom's death is retconned as well.Basically if Peter got Uncle Ben and Gwen back.
    He would get more development since he is one of the main characters in the 1610 whereas he is usually a background character in the 616.
    He would still have his comic, just based in the 1610.And the status quo of 1610 will be much more interesting than the one we have always had in the 616.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he has his Ahmed supporting cast now along with all the Champions characters.
    The champions friendships are great but not nearly enough imo.Also they are there own characters and not really supporting cast.
    Again Ahmed has introduced new cast members.An avg. fan would not even know their names.At this point in Pete's history his Supporting cast was iconic.The characters all have potential but need to be developed.

Ultimate Member

I mean he lacks character motivation.His origin is basically meaningless(not entirely but it has lost most of its weight).His major character development with Venom and his Mom's death is retconned as well.Basically if Peter got Uncle Ben and Gwen back.
    He would get more development since he is one of the main characters in the 1610 whereas he is usually a background character in the 616.
    He would still have his comic, just based in the 1610.And the status quo of 1610 will be much more interesting than the one we have always had in the 616.
    Or he could just get development in the 616. I don't see why that's not an option.

Extraordinary Member

Or he could just get development in the 616. I don't see why that's not an option.
    The number of heroes in 616 specially of the Spider-kind are way to high as is,giving miles an actual home world means he can influence his surroundings a lot more.
    Not that he can't get development in the 616,it would be much easier and way better in the 1610.
    Also there are many 1610 fans who would read miles just because he is in the 1610.I would as well, rn I only check some issues depending on guest stars.

He was like the only character left in 1610 that people still cared about but I'm not sure if that's enough to make Marvel want to invest in a whole universe for one character.
    The champions friendships are great but not nearly enough imo.Also they are there own characters and not really supporting cast.
    Again Ahmed has introduced new cast members.An avg. fan would not even know their names.At this point in Pete's history his Supporting cast was iconic.The characters all have potential but need to be developed.
    But I feel like they're relevant in the context of Miles' placement in 616. Like, without him where's the teen trinity with Ms. Marvel and Nova?

Miles just has a different rate of growth and still developing. At his core you've got his parents, Aaron, and Ganke who are equivalent to the Peter characters I assume you're thinking of.
    The number of heroes in 616 specially of the Spider-kind are way to high as is,giving miles an actual home world means he can influence his surroundings a lot more.
    Not that he can't get development in the 616,it would be much easier and way better in the 1610.
    Also there are many 1610 fans who would read miles just because he is in the 1610.I would as well, rn I only check some issues depending on guest stars.
    Well, he influences his surroundings in the context of his own book, which I guess works.

Ultimate Member

I guess I don't see why other Spider-heroes being around precludes Miles getting more development. Who's even left in 1610 for him to interact with? And why would that be way better?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was like the only character left in 1610 that people still cared about but I'm not sure if that's enough to make Marvel want to invest in a whole universe for one character.

But I feel like they're relevant in the context of Miles' placement in 616. Like, without him where's the teen trinity with Ms. Marvel and Nova?

Miles just has a different rate of growth and still developing. At his core you've got his parents, Aaron, and Ganke who are equivalent to the Peter characters I assume you're thinking of.

Well, he influences his surroundings in the context of his own book, which I guess works.
    I said that it is rumoured that marvel has plans to bring the 1610 back.If they do they should put miles there front and centre.

Relevant yes, but not nearly good enough an reason to keep him in the 616.The young trinity while good isn't necessary.

Except his mother dying has major impact on him that is now gone. Ganke is fine but I wish they did more with him.Aaron is okay too but dead/transported to the 1610.
    Peter had much more consistent and developed cast members .Just drawing a comparison.

Yeah.But it doesn't feel impactful.Maybe it's just me.The clones should be a bigger deal, the 616 miles and ascessor should be a bigger deal but it isn't.

His original narrative was to be a replacement Spiderman, but his motivation and purpose is to be a hero. Why is he not able to do this in 616? His family has been brought over, Founding member of the Champions, not even seeing why he should be sent off to a universe that currently exists, but isn't even being used. Besides I believe we have seen where there is a Spiderman there now.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I don't see why other Spider-heroes being around precludes Miles getting more development. Who's even left in 1610 for him to interact with? And why would that be way better?
    Because those characters aren't dead.If they bring back the 1610 they will bring back all the characters.
    Because it means he will have a unique environment that would be different than most books but still similar enough as to not feel lost.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    His original narrative was to be a replacement Spiderman, but his motivation and purpose is to be a hero. Why is he not able to do this in 616? His family has been brought over, Founding member of the Champions, not even seeing why he should be sent off to a universe that currently exists, but isn't even being used. Besides I believe we have seen where there is a Spiderman there now.
    Not really.
    How would you feel if Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy were brought back after secret wars.Peter would still be a hero but it takes so much from the character away.
    He's Spidey because he wants to be.We don't even address that Miles actually lost something to the job.
    He has no purpose here.This earth has way too many heroes as is.1610 has way less and the ones were way less competent.That world needed a Spidey.This one already has one.And many more.
    Champions are great but sales wise you can see no one really cares about them.
    I agree that if Peter is back that is weird.I want to see how they handled that.

Ultimate Member

Because those characters aren't dead.If they bring back the 1610 they will bring back all the characters.
    Because it means he will have a unique environment that would be different than most books but still similar enough as to not feel lost.
    Maybe, but what about all the relationships he's formed with other heroes in 616? Why get rid of that