Page 49 of 151 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Then have him say it.Self reflection has been a part of his current run via diary.
    It doesn't have to be earth shattering.I'm not saying he needs someone's death or to be placed in his homeworld(although that would be better imo but agree to disagree) but motivations are a big part of a character.
    Why does he want to do it?
    Is it because of his upbringing?His admiration for spider-man?or anything else
    Your reasoning is the one used by hickman on krakoa and it is disliked by many.
    Giving us character motivation could take as long as multiple issues or as little as one single page but it makes the character so much more deep.
    Just one of the many things they always did with Peter and the likes. which made them such good characters.
    Again doesn't need to have the same motivations but they should be present.
    Just read the blurb at the start of every issue with the creative team if you need the reminder.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Just read the blurb at the start of every issue with the creative team if you need the reminder.
    Again., I am saying that giving him a clear new motivation or revisiting his old ones will make him a better character since his old one which is the one used on the blurb has been retconned and moreover we rarely see Miles talk about it.
    If the writers want to stick to that one they should address it more often and integrate it into the story.

Incredible Member

Again., I am saying that giving him a clear new motivation or revisiting his old ones will make him a better character since his old one which is the one used on the blurb has been retconned and moreover we rarely see Miles talk about it.
    If the writers want to stick to that one they should address it more often and integrate it into the story.
    Pretty sure him using the powers to make the world better has definitely not been retconned. This isn't a thing that needs to be drilled into peoples head every 4 issues. The good boy fight the good fight. What is there to talk about?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Pretty sure him using the powers to make the world better has definitely not been retconned. This isn't a thing that needs to be drilled into peoples head every 4 issues. The good boy fight the good fight. What is there to talk about?
    Again that is a very vague motivation.Most if not all heroes have that.What makes them different is why they do it(among other things obv).
    Motivation is related to his personal experiences and how they helped him grow.
    Not every 4 issues but every 50 or something issues it should be referenced or addressed.Again not just saying it out loud but adding to the pre-existing lore.Like how years after the death of Uncle Ben we get that small story with Peter and the Homeless man with the dog.Stuff like that helps flesh out the characters.
    As you said he is just a good boy fighting the good fight.It's generic and uninspired.
    Adding layers to the character makes them interesting and real and most importantly more human.I don't know why you find that concept so hard to grasp.

Ultimate Member

Absolutely.Just said I feel Miles has and will work better in the 1610.
    No reason they can't do it in the 616.
    I think he could work in the 1610, but I like to see him connected to everyone in 616.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think he could work in the 1610, but I like to see him connected to everyone in 616.
    Yeah.It's a trade for sure.
    i liked the setting and vibe of 1610 with the heroes being not so great at their job.It makes a character like Spider-man shine so much brighter.USM was a good showcase of that.
    Miles would work much better in 1610 imo but both have positives and negatives.

Ultimate Member

Yeah.It's a trade for sure.
    i liked the setting and vibe of 1610 with the heroes being not so great at their job.It makes a character like Spider-man shine so much brighter.USM was a good showcase of that.
    Miles would work much better in 1610 imo but both have positives and negatives.
    Well, marvel could always do a trial run with that idea and see how it works out.

Also, maybe I missed this somewhere, but what happened to 616 Miles?

Extraordinary Member

Well, marvel could always do a trial run with that idea and see how it works out.

What do you mean by what happened to miles in 616?

his machine to send miles back to 1610 got destroyed with uncle aaron and goblin
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    his machine to send miles back to 1610 got destroyed with uncle aaron and goblin
    My theory is that Aaron is trapped in the 1610.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-05-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

What do you mean by what happened to miles in 616?
    I was wondering what happened to 616 Miles Morales in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Ok.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Miles' journey has to be a reflection of Peter's, but since he's having his own Clone Saga, do you think at least "Selim" will survive in the end and become Miles' "Kaine"?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't think Miles' journey has to be a reflection of Peter's, but since he's having his own Clone Saga, do you think at least "Selim" will survive in the end and become Miles' "Kaine"?
    Would be interesting. He'd have to change his costume, though. Maybe the Crimson Cowl suit from the Spider-Man: Miles Morales videogame would work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't know how I'd feel about Selim becoming a Kaine. It kinda feels like that would be leaning a bit too much into the storyline of the original, plus I feel like Selim is more the type to want to be with his brothers even if it's in death.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I don't know how I'd feel about Selim becoming a Kaine. It kinda feels like that would be leaning a bit too much into the storyline of the original, plus I feel like Selim is more the type to want to be with his brothers even if it's in death.
    Fair point as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.