Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk how many people like champions right now. I assumed there's a reasonable fandom there. I think it began as an interesting concept that can still work.

I think Miles can always visit 1610 to see how things are
    Not a lot by sales and people talking about it.
    It's teen legacy heroes working together.Nice concept but the execution is horrible.

He better.His actual family is back there.I wonder how they will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not a lot by sales and people talking about it.
    It's teen legacy heroes working together.Nice concept but the execution is horrible.

He better.His actual family is back there.I wonder how they will do that.
    People really started liking the Jim Zub run.

The only family currently there would be Aaron, though...?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People really started liking the Jim Zub run.

The only family currently there would be Aaron, though...?
    Don't know about that.i'm sure its decent if you say so.

No.I meant he is currently living with the 616 versions of his family.His original family is still back in 1610.

Incredible Member

Don't know about that.i'm sure its decent if you say so.

No.I meant he is currently living with the 616 versions of his family.His original family is still back in 1610.
    .......heh? That was never stated anywhere. The fact 616 Miles(Ultimatum) is even a thing shows out Miles didn't just plaster his existence over a preexisting Morales family, Molecule Man brought him, his immediate friends(who didn't have counterparts already on Earth-616/Prime) as well as his father and newly revived mother and uncle. Molecule Man didn't just make brand new fresh from the box models of his family. Aaron even remembered dying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    .......heh? That was never stated anywhere. The fact 616 Miles(Ultimatum) is even a thing shows out Miles didn't just plaster his existence over a preexisting Morales family, Molecule Man brought him, his immediate friends(who didn't have counterparts already on Earth-616/Prime) as well as his father and newly revived mother and uncle. Molecule Man didn't just make brand new fresh from the box models of his family. Aaron even remembered dying.
    So one question?
    What about the families and friends of those characters that were brought in.And what about their families and friends?
    I mean this has some gaping plot holes even if we take molecule man as the magic wand we are told he is.

Incredible Member

So one question?
    What about the families and friends of those characters that were brought in.And what about their families and friends?
    I mean this has some gaping plot holes even if we take molecule man as the magic wand we are told he is.
    The easy handwavy answer? "Molecule Man alter memories. Whatever he needed to to make Miles' transition easier"

The blunt and probably actual answer? "They are there just to be Miles' supporting cast, who literally cares."

We definitely have not been privy to or even vaugely hinted at that the people in Miles' current life are just imitations of people who are still DEFINITELY still chilling in the Ultimate Universe minus Miles.

Extraordinary Member

The easy handwavy answer? "Molecule Man alter memories. Whatever he needed to to make Miles' transition easier"

The blunt and probably actual answer? "They are there just to be Miles' supporting cast, who literally cares."

We definitely have not been privy to or even vaugely hinted at that the people in Miles' current life are just imitations of people who are still DEFINITELY still chilling in the Ultimate Universe minus Miles.
    So these people remember their previous lives, right?
    And they never talk about their families and friends?

That is a pretty massive plot-hole or am I missing something

Incredible Member

So these people remember their previous lives, right?
    And they never talk about their families and friends?

That is a pretty massive plot-hole or am I missing something
    No, the only person to recall their life in another Universe is Miles himself, and sorta kinda Aaron but only remembers dying then waking up, nothing beyond that.

Not like it matters much now, Ahmed made it so Miles doesn't remember, even though he totally did when Bendis was still writing.

Extraordinary Member

No, the only person to recall their life in another Universe is Miles himself, and sorta kinda Aaron but only remembers dying then waking up, nothing beyond that.

Not like it matters much now, Ahmed made it so Miles doesn't remember, even though he totally did when Bendis was still writing.
    So he doesn't remember now.But he did?

So did they wipe his mind or something because I haven't read anything about that.
    Or are they just blatantly ignoring continuity?

Also Aaron remembers dying and then what?Does that plot thread come to fruition

Incredible Member

So he doesn't remember now.But he did?

So did they wipe his mind or something because I haven't read anything about that.
    Or are they just blatantly ignoring continuity?

Also Aaron remembers dying and then what?Does that plot thread come to fruition
    Nope, straight up Retcon. Unless they mention down the line "your memories faded now that you spent enough time here and can only be brought out again through trauma or sudden moments of recollection" Miles just simply has no hard memory of the Ultimate Universe anymore.

Aaron just woke up having no idea why he's alive, he does remember Miles is Spider-Man and presumably his fight with him, and he believes Miles knows why he's alive now and Miles just say along the lines of "i may have some idea why" which can only point to Molecule Man as nothing else he had done on 616/Prime would explain Aaron's revival. After that the why am i alive thing is buried and the topic is focused directly on the Uncle Nephew family drama.

Extraordinary Member

Nope, straight up Retcon. Unless they mention down the line "your memories faded now that you spent enough time here and can only be brought out again through trauma or sudden moments of recollection" Miles just simply has no hard memory of the Ultimate Universe anymore.

Aaron just woke up having no idea why he's alive, he does remember Miles is Spider-Man and presumably his fight with him, and he believes Miles knows why he's alive now and Miles just say along the lines of "i may have some idea why" which can only point to Molecule Man as nothing else he had done on 616/Prime would explain Aaron's revival. After that the why am i alive thing is buried and the topic is focused directly on the Uncle Nephew family drama.
    Oh okay.
    I hope they address it in the future but it's not something that affects current plot heavily so may be a while.
    Thanks again

So one question?
    Have Ganke or Judge's families ever appeared? I think we can assume they just transitioned to 616 too. Bombshell's mother definitely did move to 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Miles whole move to 616 was jarring and they really dropped the ball with it. I almost kind of wish that instead of “moving” Miles, they would have just started from scratch again with a 616-version who just gained powers, and introduce his 616 cast. We already “knew” of them from the Ultimate Universe, so we wouldn’t have to really dive to deep in recreating them that much. And as we can see now, Marvel has restored the Ultimate Universe. We could have had a 616 Miles and a Ultimate Miles which wouldn’t have created this “confusion”.

Enter into the Spiderverse and the PS4/5 games did Miles better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have Ganke or Judge's families ever appeared? I think we can assume they just transitioned to 616 too. Bombshell's mother definitely did move to 616.
    See the problem with that is that their families and friends will also have families and friends so what the hell gives?Like are there 14 billion people in 616 because of this or are those people just mind washed into forgetting their entire lives because both are horrible.

Also since 616 miles exists then wouldn't his parents also exist.Were the 616 variations just wiped from existence then never brought back after secret wars

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Miles whole move to 616 was jarring and they really dropped the ball with it. I almost kind of wish that instead of “moving” Miles, they would have just started from scratch again with a 616-version who just gained powers, and introduce his 616 cast. We already “knew” of them from the Ultimate Universe, so we wouldn’t have to really dive to deep in recreating them that much. And as we can see now, Marvel has restored the Ultimate Universe. We could have had a 616 Miles and a Ultimate Miles which wouldn’t have created this “confusion”.

Enter into the Spiderverse and the PS4/5 games did Miles better.

Having to do the orgin-newbie thing only about what, 5 years after the creation of the character would be horrifyingly bad. When Miles was made in 2011, moving him to the main universe was probably not even in consideration, any current or future media that has Miles in it has the benefit of hindsight.

Also while this may be semantics to some, people who would've had read that Miles for that 5 years just to have their investment immediately erased for a brand new Miles might feel more than a little annoyed. It's be like when Marvel tried to tell people a Peter they read for several years was actually a clone. Yeah, its Peter even down to the DNA, but that was nit their Peter, you know?