Page 62 of 151 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Having to do the orgin-newbie thing only about what, 5 years after the creation of the character would be horrifyingly bad. When Miles was made in 2011, moving him to the main universe was probably not even in consideration, any current or future media that has Miles in it has the benefit of hindsight.

Also while this may be semantics to some, people who would've had read that Miles for that 5 years just to have their investment immediately erased for a brand new Miles might feel more than a little annoyed. It's be like when Marvel tried to tell people a Peter they read for several years was actually a clone. Yeah, its Peter even down to the DNA, but that was nit their Peter, you know?
    I read 1610 miles and he was decent imo.
    616 miles is much worse.He lost all development and consequences.

The thing they did to miles is take the first 5 years of his comics and said yeah they didn't happen.
    Think about it, Spider-man is back, his mom is back , Aaron is back, etc.

The Peter equivalent would be to take bringing back Uncle ben, bringing back gwen, taking away all his development, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I read 1610 miles and he was decent imo.
    616 miles is much worse.He lost all development and consequences.

The thing they did to miles is take the first 5 years of his comics and said yeah they didn't happen.
    Think about it, Spider-man is back, his mom is back , Aaron is back, etc.

The Peter equivalent would be to take bringing back Uncle ben, bringing back gwen, taking away all his development, etc.
    Except lingering guilt is not wholly linked to having or gaining or losing experience, in Miles' case those 2 deaths did not teach him anything, they were just painful experiences. His Uncle's death was an accident that emotionally hurt Miles, but he was no worse for wear after the initial event, and his mom dying made him quit, not because he failed to learn a lesson or because he was asking for it, again it was just an unforunate tragedy and it took his entire social circle for him to get back on the horse.

And infact each of those relationships have evolved since they came back, Rio fully knows and supports her son's hero activity giving Miles a complete and barrierless relationship with his entire immediate family. He literally watch his Uncle die and just moments before was being blackmailed and attacked by him. Now Miles had a second chance to talk some sense into Aaron, and it worked. Miles reached him and Aaron decided to do better and turn his life around, and even went back to Prowling to save his Nephew when he got kidnapped.

And far as "Spider-Man" being back, Peter is not just "Spider-Man" to Miles. They are friends, an older voice or wisdom and a younger spark for the future. Miles is a second pair of hands Peter can ask for assistances should he need it. An insurance policy that if something should happen to him, he believes Miles can handle it and is grateful that Miles is around. And just recently considered Miles a brother to him. They occasionally patrol together and go out for pizza together, Pete is just another person in Miles' life, not just some hero icon that he sometimes has to fight crime for.

And to keep this part brief, Miles has certainly not reset as far as superheroics is concerned. Some may underestimate him in relation to the older senior Spider-Man, but Miles makes them eat their words every single time.

Extraordinary Member

Except lingering guilt is not wholly linked to having or gaining or losing experience, in Miles' case those 2 deaths did not teach him anything, they were just painful experiences. His Uncle's death was an accident that emotionally hurt Miles, but he was no worse for wear after the initial event, and his mom dying made him quit, not because he failed to learn a lesson or because he was asking for it, again it was just an unforunate tragedy and it took his entire social circle for him to get back on the horse.

And infact each of those relationships have evolved since they came back, Rio fully knows and supports her son's hero activity giving Miles a complete and barrierless relationship with his entire immediate family. He literally watch his Uncle die and just moments before was being blackmailed and attacked by him. Now Miles had a second chance to talk some sense into Aaron, and it worked. Miles reached him and Aaron decided to do better and turn his life around, and even went back to Prowling to save his Nephew when he got kidnapped.

And far as "Spider-Man" being back, Peter is not just "Spider-Man" to Miles. They are friends, an older voice or wisdom and a younger spark for the future. Miles is a second pair of hands Peter can ask for assistances should he need it. An insurance policy that if something should happen to him, he believes Miles can handle it and is grateful that Miles is around. And just recently considered Miles a brother to him. They occasionally patrol together and go out for pizza together, Pete is just another person in Miles' life, not just some hero icon that he sometimes has to fight crime for.

And to keep this part brief, Miles has certainly not reset as far as superheroics is concerned. Some may underestimate him in relation to the older senior Spider-Man, but Miles makes them eat their words every single time.
    His best arc imo was no more(I mean it was rip-off of Pete's and arguably the best Spider-man film but he doesn't have much to choose from) .

Again that's great that those relationships developed as I am sure they would if they brought back uncle ben and Gwen for Spider-man.The thing is why would I care to read a character who just lost every consequence that ever happened to him.I read his stuff in 1610.I won't buy his stuff in 616.i will borrow or just see panels posted online but never support him again.They don't even have the guts to address the situation.We are just supposed to ignore it.

Again if they want to do the mentor elder brother thing then commit to it.Have Peter be a recurring guest star in MM like Barbara is for Stephanie to a lesser extent.

I don't care if he takes down Galactus or a street thug.Why should I commit to a character who was basically retconned into someone I don't recognize.His 1610 version was okay at best but his 616 version is worse.

If anything showing him struggle like in the new Shockwave comic is what he needs.

Incredible Member

Having to do the orgin-newbie thing only about what, 5 years after the creation of the character would be horrifyingly bad. When Miles was made in 2011, moving him to the main universe was probably not even in consideration, any current or future media that has Miles in it has the benefit of hindsight.

Also while this may be semantics to some, people who would've had read that Miles for that 5 years just to have their investment immediately erased for a brand new Miles might feel more than a little annoyed. It's be like when Marvel tried to tell people a Peter they read for several years was actually a clone. Yeah, its Peter even down to the DNA, but that was nit their Peter, you know?
    Oh I totally agree with you on that. They still could have handled the transition a lil better. But I guess that falls on Bendis for not wanting to do a “man out of time” type of story. Me personally, I could have handled starting from scratch again, with a newer version, even though he was only 5 years into his creation. That’s how I guess I’m able to accept abs prefer the movie and game version of Miles, moreso than the current comic version, even though I do buy and enjoy the run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have Ganke or Judge's families ever appeared? I think we can assume they just transitioned to 616 too. Bombshell's mother definitely did move to 616.

Judge has a grandmother and family in the Caribbean or Puerto Rico. We have seen her and it was explained he was with her when he was MIA for a few issues.

Ganke-the Spider-Man Generations book showed his mother.

Miles does remember Venom killing his mother and that is why he attacked Venom in Venom's book early in that book's run.

There are two ways to explain Judge and the others.

1) The 616 versions of all them did not exist.

2) They exist like adult Miles does. Remember Mile comes from a universe where Peter was still a kid when he died. So that should mean a lot of folks were their younger selves.

If Miles was an adult in 616-Judge and Ganke would be too. If 911 or pick a Marvel event has not wiped them out.

In Judge's case we don't know if that is his real name. Heck he could be Cardiac's or Bloodshed's or Tarantula's kid. Heck he could be Ultimate Rocket Racer or one of his unnamed siblings.

Heck we did not know Rhino had family at Miles's school.

I think that Jason Reynolds book went more into Ganke's family than we've seen in the comics.

Niffleheim

So Saladin's whole run will simply be an the Ultimatum Saga? I can't believe how underwhelming I found Spider-Men II and yet I'm so entertained by this entire story. Before it concludes I hope Ultimatum, Prowler and Ultimate Green Goblin make a return.

What makes you think it's about to conclude?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What makes you think it's about to conclude?
    I didn't say "it is about to" I said before it does I hope those three characters return. Don't you think he has a hand in most of the arcs in Saladin's run?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    So Saladin's whole run will simply be an the Ultimatum Saga? I can't believe how underwhelming I found Spider-Men II and yet I'm so entertained by this entire story. Before it concludes I hope Ultimatum, Prowler and Ultimate Green Goblin make a return.
    I think that just goes to show what can happen when you let someone new come in with a fresher perspective and angle on things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Nice artistry there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some aspects look better, some look worse,

I keep being reminded of Kaine's Scarlet Spider costume.