Page 64 of 151 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I prefer "Shadow Spider" as his codename (if they need to change it), but that's just me.
    I'd take it too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Everything old is new again.

That said, this is a little too street for me, with the exposed ankles and jacket covering his chin. Also don't get how the spiders can wall crawl with sneakers on.
    Anything beats Gambit's design!

Extraordinary Member

I don't know.
    Shadow Spider sounds legit to me.
    If the Scarlet Spider title is available that's cool too but shadow Spider seems better.
    Specially since his invisibility powers, and the Black suit in general.

Incredible Member

Wild stab in the dark, i think they are just gonna keep calling him Spider-Man :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    More info on the suit I believe it's supposed to be layered and underneath what we've already seen is a kind of armor, the outer wear comes off. I actually like this look, it gives an armored feel while still looking flexible.

https://twitter.com/TheChaseConley/s...73365287571461
    The armor underneath makes me feel more accepting of the suit, glad he didn't just go from a hero suit to "just casual wear".

Wonder if the kid he cheered up a while back has something to do with this suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Past Spider-Geddon? Who knows lol. That being said i would not dismiss the idea that he'll pop up somewhere in Amazing Spider-Man now that Ben is taking over.
    That would make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    More info on the suit I believe it's supposed to be layered and underneath what we've already seen is a kind of armor, the outer wear comes off. I actually like this look, it gives an armored feel while still looking flexible.

https://twitter.com/TheChaseConley/s...73365287571461
    So Miles feels like he needs a more subdued, armored, look? I wonder if we're entering his "dark hero" phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Anything beats Gambit's design!
    What's wrong with Gambit?

Extraordinary Member

Wild stab in the dark, i think they are just gonna keep calling him Spider-Man :P
    I think we know they will
    Were just thinking if they did give him a new name since him being named spider-man doesn't make much sense

BANNED

The eyes remind me of Kaine

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-13-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think we know they will
    Were just thinking if they did give him a new name since him being named spider-man doesn't make much sense
    Well considering they are benching Peter anyway, shouldn't have been a "problem" for the foreseeable future but good ol Ben is now Spider-Man as well, inatead of ya know, just relainching the Scarlet Spider book

Extraordinary Member

Well considering they are benching Peter anyway, shouldn't have been a "problem" for the foreseeable future but good ol Ben is now Spider-Man as well, inatead of ya know, just relainching the Scarlet Spider book
    It's a 25 issue story and Peter is a part of it atleast at the beginning.
    And I and a lot of others are tired of "benching" Parker.
    Again just let Peter be Spider-man, maybe Miles does take up the Scarlet Spider Mantle after this.I'd be down for that.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's a 25 issue story and Peter is a part of it atleast at the beginning.
    And I and a lot of others are tired of "benching" Parker.
    Again just let Peter be Spider-man, maybe Miles does take up the Scarlet Spider Mantle after this.I'd be down for that.
    Or he could stay Spider-Man at this point because who cares anymore. To the people of the Marvel universe even care anymore? Multiple Wolverines and Hawkeyes as well. Some spider themed hero saves me from a burning building you really think I'm gonna know the difference a Scarlet, Shadow, or Ghost spider whatever? Unless these characters start wearing their name tags lol

It does vex me how some people have been keeping up the whole "Miles needs a different name because having two Spider-Man's in the same universe is confusing" argument.

I get that fans have their personal favorite and there's no problem with that, but if the past 10 years of Miles being Spider-Man, with six years of him sharing that identity with Peter while both are in the main Marvel universe, has shown is they both can co-exist and share the name without one taking something from the other. And the new writers so far have done some great work showing the distinct differences between the two.

I mean how much water can this argument still hold after all these years when there is just an overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary poking holes in it?

Is there something I'm just not seeing here?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 07-14-2021 at 08:49 AM.

BANNED

It affects adaptations. Since Miles does not have his own name, a 3rd character talking to both while they're under the mask at the same time needs to be able to differentiate the two. Otherwise, Miles loses and is saddled with bad names like Kid Arachnid or Spin, which does not add cool points to his longevity card. There's a reason why when contestants with the same who go on game shows usually use their surname initial. For example, Ashley and Ben H. Vs Lauren and Ben C.

The Wolverines and Hawkeyes have public identities, so it's not an in-universe issue. Characters can just call them Logan, Laura, Clint, or Kate out in public.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-14-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's pretty easy to differentiate the two even without their identities being known. Miles has a radically different costume and is clearly younger in age than Peter. In-universe I would just call the guy in red and blue The First Spider-Man (or The Original Spider-Man) and the one that showed up later would be The Second Spider-Man.

Y'all acting like there's a million characters going by "Spider-Man" in 616 and we have to play the matching game.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-14-2021 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's pretty easy to differentiate the two even without their identities being known. Miles has a radically different costume and is clearly younger in age than Peter. In-universe I would just call the guy in red and blue The First Spider-Man (or The Original Spider-Man) and the one that showed up later would be The Second Spider-Man.
    "First" and "Second" aren't cool codenames.

Captain Stacy: "First, I need you to tackle the crowd on the bridge. Second, I need you to stop the Rhino."

First Spider-man: "Are those supposed to be sequential commands, or...?"

Second Spider-man: "If you call me Kid Arachnid, I'm going to hit you. I'm 18/21/28 now, and people were calling you a man at 15."
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-14-2021 at 09:49 AM.